Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I interpret the ellipses with the exclamation marks as the speaker kind off trailing off, staring into the distance while thinking about what they just said, and then jerking as if startled as the true implications of what they said dawns on them.

We can never have too much Fire Emblem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cattail Prophet posted:

(Obviously this isn't an actual vote, I just couldn't help myself.)

Also, stupid question, does anyone know how to do the thing where you link to a specific post and it shows only that post?

Press the # symbol next to that post.

Fake edit: Wait, that just links to the post as part of the thread, not to only that post.

Promote Dieck, early promoted units can be real life savers, and there are a ton more promotion items in Project Ember than in the vanilla game.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cattail Prophet posted:

Dieck also manages to nickel and dime his way to a level finally. It's... sparse, but I wouldn't call it bad. He needs to do better than "not bad" if he wants to keep up, though.

I would go so far to call a level with "just" strength and speed (and HP) a "good level", in fact.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I simply used the rescue staff to end all "Lilina imprisoned" shenanigans. The other units joining in that chapters are honestly a lot more interesting.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cattail Prophet posted:

This is also an area where FE7 really screws with things, since it establishes Eliwood as Roland's descendant, not Hector. I don't think there's a good way to make everything consistent, but personally my read is that unlocking Durandal isn't so much about the bloodline itself, it's just a secret passed down by Ostia's marquesses. (Notice how Lilina says "know how," not "can.") Athos knows how to do it because he was literally there. Why didn't Hector know? I dunno, he is kind of a meathead in FE7.

They're nobility in a medieval era setting, with Roland founding their nation absurdly long ago. Considering how European nobility were eventually all related to each other, it stands to reason that at least all nobles in the Lycian League were descendants of Roland, if not a lot more in other countries. This is imho not an area of FE7 screwing with things.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
B route! It's time to see this showcased in an LP.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Greenking77 posted:

Huh looking at the series MCs as a whole is pretty interesting. As much as it’s memed that FE games all have generic swordsman as the protagonist, there’s actually a decent variety, and a lot of times the MC is a swordsman there’s another main character that fills a different role.

The characters who defy the archetype are mostly later game characters. Celica is one of two main protagonists of FE2, with Alm being the generic swordsman. Sigurd is an exception, but Seliph plays it straight for a bit in FE4. Leif then is another generic swordsman in FE5, followed by Roy in FE6, then Lyn and Eliwood making up two of the three lords of FE7, with Hector the exception. FE8 has Eirika, who's the starting lord and usually promoted in advertising over her lance wielding brother as the face of FE8. Then you go back to generic swordsman Ike in FE9, until finally FE10 breaks the pattern for good. You have your first fully mage lord in Micaiah, followed by Awakening's Robin, Fates' Corrin and the leaders in Three Houses.

So the meme was justified for most of the series lifespan, certainly when the generic sword lords started showing up in Smash.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Yes for Bors and Gwendolyn

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It would be awfully nice if Clarine actually got some more magic.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Don't recruit her now. Let's wait and see how she looks like in her final form with her Prf.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cattail Prophet posted:

*Taps mic* Hi! I'm still here! Sorry for the radio silence; I actually just finished playing through the chapter. Honestly it wasn't even that bad, I've just been dealing with some personal poo poo the last few weeks. Anyway, an update should hopefully be coming sometime soon-ish.

Don't worry, something stuff just gets in the way of less important things like writing a Let's Play. I'm looking forward to the update though!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nihilarian posted:

Pegasus Knight with capped strength, jesus christ

Did we feed her stat boosters? We must have, I remember her suffering the usual "no strength" pegasus knight problem with her first few levels.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Is this the time we recruit Cath?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm glad this LP is still getting updates, I enjoy reading them a lot.

I'm really curious what Cath gets that's so special when we finally recruit her.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh wow, I'll always vote for deploying Douglas now. That fight to keep the green rogue alive was very entertaining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
She just needs a dozen or so stat boosters, no biggie!