Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I'm really enjoying all the sprite work in this hack. I'm possibly one of the few who was never really a fan of the Knight sprites and their weird breastshieldplate thing. I've never really played the FE6 before, so I'm somewhat tempted to give it a try with this hack and see how that plays out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I've started playing it myself, and I gotta say that the extra range on bows does create an interesting space for them. They're able to chip in a little extra damage from a truly safe distance, and enemies can force you to rethink your formations. It is painfully obvious the boss placement in particular isn't designed with the range in mind. It'd be fairly easy to just have a mob of archers plink a boss to death (assuming they're capable of dealing damage of course) at absolutely no danger to themselves.

They're still not good on the enemy phase (for player bows at least) but it creates a very nice niche of safely deleting or damaging dangerous enemies, and I really appreciate that!

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
This hack does seem to play some interesting favoritism with at least one character I can think of, from the little I've played beyond the LP. I haven't looked to see how his growths changed, but he has a custom sprite & animation set and a kinda rad Prf weapon on what I always understood to be an otherwise bog standard "here's a replacement if your other (classnamehere) doesn't turn out well or dies" type of character.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I think it's less virile as in sexual prowess or whatever and more virile as in being a manly man of masculine masculinity.