Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
I've just picked this up. Got past the first map with a couple of nail-biting 50% survival chances, turns out those 3-space archer ranges make them a very different kind of threat than they were before.

I'm...gonna have to really slow down to make it through this game, aren't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
A handful of chapters in and I can already point to one huge difference the range-3 bows make: static turtling is now a lot more difficult. With the enemy battlegroups often having a combination of weapons at all three ranges, the defensive-line-at-chokepoint tactic is a lot harder to sustain given how much pressure the AI can put on a single unit.

Mobile defenses, on the other hand, actually work pretty well, where you give ground before the enemy advance, then overwhelm them from several directions to eliminate the most dangerous targets before they can focus down your units.

bibliosabreur fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 6, 2022

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Don't promote, save the Hero Crest. A few more units use them now, I believe.