Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Why, no, I wouldn't hurt a (butter)fly. Why do you ask?

Junpei posted:

Oh heck yeah, while I acknowledge that FE6 has problems it's still a dark horse favorite of my FE titles, and there are plenty of characters I like (my love for Nino results in me always at least trying to use both Lugh and Raigh, Gonzales almost always ends up as my endgame axe guy, I've had way more luck with my Ogiers than my Diecks for some reason, Clarine and Rutger end up as a great tag-team on like 80% of my runs, and I always end up with either Meledy or Zeiss as one of my endgame fliers).

Here's hoping those characters get some good stuff.

Agreed! I think FE6 is actually my favorite of the GBA FEs, although I couldn't say why, because it is certainly very flawed. I'm not really a huge fan of FE7 and I couldn't finish FE8.

I'm a mage fanatic and FE6 hurls mages and healers at you hand over fist, so I was basically rocking all of the tome users. Yes, I even trained Sophia. No, it wasn't worth it, but I really like her design so I did it anyway.

I think my favorite character in FE6 is Nimue (or however they're spelling her name now). More old ladies in Fire Emblem plz, kthnxbai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

A couple of votes here, for what they're worth:

-Don't promote Dieck.
-Use Alen and Wade in contrast to the other FE6 LP using Lance and Lot.
-Use Elen, at least until promotion. I am living for her new sprite and I'd love to see what that color palette looks like on a Bishop.

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Junpei posted:

FE6 already heavily favored certain units over others. Have you ever seen someone take Sophia to endgame? Cath? Hugh? Cecelia? I'm fine with the scales being balanced in favor of buffing the weaker characters.

At least that's what I assume you're talking about, and not like, "Percival is officially the worst Paladin in the game now" or something to that effect.

lol I took three of those four to endgame

hint it was the three that use tomes

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Alen, Wade, Elen, Wolt, Dieck, Shanna, and four LPer's choice.

Alen and Wade to balance Lance and Lot from the other FE6 LP, Elen for her great color scheme, and the other three to continue observing how they've changed from vanilla.

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Alen, Elen, Wade, Dieck, Saul, Dorothy, and Sue, which leaves five LPer's choice if I counted correctly.

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

1) Alen
2) Bors
3) Elen
4) Wade
5) Dieck
6) Shanna
7) Chad
8) Dorothy
9) Sue
10) Saul
11) Debias

And of course, Wolt is forced already.

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

1) Astolfo (for thief slot)
2) Elen
3) Wolt
4) Sue
5) Debias
6) Dorothy
7) Saul
8) Lilina
9) Gwendolyn
10) Barthe
11) Dieck

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

1) Wolt
2) Debias
3) Saul
4) Elen
5) Lilina
6) Gwendolyn
7) Dieck
8) Dorothy
9) Marcus
10) Zelot

I vote for Route A as well. I'm very curious about Echidna's new PRF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

1) Shanna
2) Wolt
3) Elen
4) Saul
5) Lilina
6) Sue
7) Dorothy
8) Sin

And two LPer's choice.