Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Luninareph posted:

I'm a mage fanatic and FE6 hurls mages and healers at you hand over fist, so I was basically rocking all of the tome users. Yes, I even trained Sophia. No, it wasn't worth it, but I really like her design so I did it anyway.

Every time I play a GBA emblem, I pretty much try to use almost every mage possible. Depending on the run, Sophia or Ewan may stay behind, but I usually end up with multiple book throwers. Hell, I think it just applies for me with every FE game I've played in some regard, I just like the power of hitting a lower defense number at range.

Do have to agree with the audience, the palette change is good stuff. The old, bright look was good for classic GBAs but toning it back and tweaking some values really pops it on a PC monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

FoolyCharged posted:

Hell, it isn't like he's got any future with the massive nerf bat to the face that he took. He's got darn near the same stats for a 5 level boost. I say we let him have his time in the sun.

Honestly, I'm in this boat, this was the first stat change to be a real punch in the Dieck.

Regrettably, become bros with Marcus as a sort of Seth.

With all the boosts to STR and DEF across the board, he's likely going to be behind our present units unless he gets real lucky. Lance has already almost overtaken these bases at half the level. Assuming promotion gains are the same (they're probably not), it still puts him up to a solid 32 HP, 12 STR, 14 SPD, and 11 DEF alongside +1 MOV and his high con.

And really, at the end of the day, it's FE6. They throw tons of units at us, Ogier or Echidna can pick up the Hero slot.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

coiol posted:

like did Merlinus really need that +1 skill boost to be more balanced? :confused: Does Merlinus use skill in any calculations at all?

Also, weirdest change to me so far is making all of the weapons Title Case. Not sure I get the thought process behind that and it’s really bugging me for some reason.

All Merlinus uses Skill for is dodge calculations I think, so it's a pretty minor and random change. Maybe the devs know something we don't, and this 1 point of Skill revolutionizes Merlinus gameplay entirely, but I doubt it.

As for Title Casing all the weapons, I'm guessing it's done to make it fall in line with post GBA-era games.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
All I truly know is that this is a completely missed opportunity to add a Merlinus promotion where he can run enemies over with the cart

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

cheetah7071 posted:

Several pages ago, but I disagree with this a bit; the Wing Spear is a huge boost to Shanna's usability, though mostly in a way that I think this thread is unlikely to explore. The easiest way to get good mileage out of Shanna in vanilla is to struggle her up to level 10 by the end of 8x, early promote her, use her as a flying taxi/dodge tank in the western isles, then dump her rear end when that stops being useful, which is very conveniently right around when Melady shows up

In Ember, the exact same strat is viable, except instead of being a struggle, getting Shanna to level 10 is both easy and useful. The Wing Spear is very powerful and lets her easily handle enemies that most of your army kind of struggles with, and just naturally using her in situations where it's good will get her most of the way to 10, only needing a tiny bit of favoritism to get the rest of the way. Her planned obsolescence means you don't need to worry about preserving it; you can just use it whenever it's handy, which is often. It's not a huge shine-up like some Ember characters got, but it's a solid buff in her niche that makes her a lot easier to use. (Starting at level 3 instead of 1 doesn't hurt the early promo plan, either)

This kind of strategy is why it's good and cool to promote before 20.

just be sensible and don't promote everyone immediately, just the units you know are getting replaced later anyways

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

The Shortest Path posted:

Myrmidon Axe Magnetism is a serious medical condition.

Talk to your doctor to see if Speedwings are right for you

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Ventadour posted:

A Goddess Statue might help more because Myrms don't have speed problems but Luck seems to be low for everyone in FE6.

Of course, supports with the right person should do the trick as well.

Oh, true for sure

but goddess statues just don't fit the medical commercial format as well as speedwings

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

cheetah7071 posted:

Marcus isn't in the grave just yet and Merlinus is funny to vote for

I'll vote for the unpopular old men and let the rest of the thread handle the popular ones

This

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

cheetah7071 posted:

Marcus still isn't in the grave

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Zelot, Marcus, Merlinus, Debias, Bors, Dieck :buddy:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Full Armor Knight Crew (this includes Debias)

If unsheathing Durandal is the only problem, I don't see why you can't just smash some things with it regardless. It's a giant fuckoff sword, gotta be like a Steel Blade at least or something.

I guess you could just go the Marvel Mjollnr "only the worthy can even lift it" route, but that's no fun.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
In other words, Shanna took over Roy's title of nobility and the entire army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
The Four Armors
B Route

As much of a "person who likes to see Echidna do cool things" I am, it's about time an LP visits the other route, yeah. Let's see what they did to flute dude.