Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I wish that one day we'd get a popular FE3 LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh, I remember we had a big one, but it looks like it never hit the archive. I remember we put a bunch of growth boosters on the dancer and made them not terrible in combat.

It was 12 pages long, so not actually big. Big would be if it was at least the size of Artix's FE7 playthrough or Tae's FE14 playthrough.

Also Feena is already a good fighter thanks to her Lady Sword and Rapier access, she doesn't need more buffs unless you're trying to meme with "LOL wouldn't it be funny if a non-combat class in GBA was actually superstrong". I found Matthis ending up a full-time unit to be a funnier development.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 2, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Please don't go promoting Dieck at the first opportunity.

Weird, that enemy Pegasus Knight is a Wyvern Rider in Maniac Mode. I don't get why you'd need to lower the difficulty that much for Hard, it's still using stationary-until-enemy-in-range AI.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

(Obviously this isn't an actual vote, I just couldn't help myself.)

To be fair, at least as I understand it the original release version of the base hack predates maniac and the other side modes by a lot, they weren't developed concurrently (and iirc from skimming the FE Universe thread, they're not necessarily at version parity even now). So it's less a matter of lowering the difficulty for hard as it is raising it for maniac.
First, his name is "Shin", so the pun doesn't work.

Second, I just find it bizarre that they'd add a Peg Knight at all. The Wyvern Rider was something I mostly thought existed to be a neat touch when I played Maniac, because Bern's whole deal is Wyvern Riders and it's fun to see one appear in your first fight with Bern where they'd used to take until Chapter 7 to appear. I guess in theory the flier is there to deter players from having Thany lurk on the peaks while Dieck and co are turtling at the forts, but 1: There's no need to do so when she can just hide south of the forts instead or head west to help Roy's group, 2: there's already a couple archers to deter Thany, and 3: Marcus can easily lure the flier out on the first turn.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 6, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Odd Wilson posted:

All Merlinus uses Skill for is dodge calculations I think, so it's a pretty minor and random change. Maybe the devs know something we don't, and this 1 point of Skill revolutionizes Merlinus gameplay entirely, but I doubt it..

I thought Skill only affected the unit's accuracy and crit rate. What does Merlinus need a maxed skill cap for?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

You can't really fault someone who is introduced to you by laughing at Narshen for being an uncivilized boor as their reaction to him being a creep.

I liked it better when she merely called him "vulgar" and didn't spell out his entire character for the audience.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 23, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

mandatory lesbian posted:

I can fault her for being an rich prick to the party members tho

Cattail Prophet, are you doing support requests?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

I mean, maybe? I'm probably not gonna go too far out of my way to unlock stuff, but once we're out of the early game if I've got something available I'll probably do a quick informal poll of "should we pull the trigger on this y/n?".

Not sure what that has to do with the post you quoted tho.

I was going to ask for a Lance/Clarine A support if both units end up used long-term, since it's Clarine at her most Clarine.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Bors, Alan, Lance, Wolt, Dieck, Chad, Lugh, Clarine, Rutger, Ward.

FoolyCharged posted:

Speaking of stat boosters can you use items from the prep screen now?

No, you still can't use items on the prep screen. You also still can't sell items unless you're on Normal Mode.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 4, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

I have to imagine it's a solved issue in the hacking community by now, and thus a deliberate choice on the dev's part, but FE6 isn't nearly as well documented as 7 or 8, so who knows.

Didn't Onmi once remark that he used to be the only person working with FE6 for several years?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I'll hold off on making the decision to stall Cath's recruitment. We're still nowhere near Chapter 12. The only thing I want for sure is that OP has Roy talk to her in Chapter 8 so she can be recruited at any point she appears afterwards, since that was a mistake Melth made in his FE6 LP.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's actually only one wyvern on the map right now, but Project Ember still does that thing where the game silently adds more enemies in between the prep screen and the start of the chapter.

Actually, that's just something unique to FE6 Hard Mode - adding the extra Hard Mode enemies right after you've already ended preparations. It only happens on three maps: this one, Chapter 21, and Chapter 22. It's most noticable in Chapter 21, when the camera darts all over the big map to spawn in two extra Wyvern Rider squadrons.

Anyways: Lance, Alan, Marcus, Dieck, Ward, Lot, Thany, Lugh, Clarine, Rutger, Saul, Sue.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Any reason you took Ellen over Saul?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
With the loss of paladins having axes, Zealot and eventually Treck gaining Great Knight seems like an advantage in the long term, since they don't lose any movement compared to their traditional counterparts. Treck using Hand Axes could maybe save a few Javelins for the other cavs, and if trained, could probably have some decent synthesis with Gonzales. I don't think it's wise to mix up the cavalier pairs given their incompatible support networks, though, so if we're using Treck, we'll probably have to use both him and Noah long-term - which is fine if we eventually switch from Rutger to Fir, I guess.

Devias looks like a gimmick, with top-heavy stats and growths (power, skill, and soooooo much HP), with access to all four physical weapons without promoting (btw, all Generals in Project Ember use all four physical weapons a la FE4). He's still an Armorknight that only supports other Armorknights, though, so he'd slow the pace pretty badly. Maybe you could do joke runs having him and the rest of the Armors spam Triangle Attacks. Bring him to this next map anyways for the sake of viewing dialogue options, and then ditch him.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Kinu Nishimura posted:

unless they like buffed the everloving turboshit out of barf and wendy I would probably use Devias happily

Barth's always been decently servicable for his niche with his high defense and guaranteed HP levelups, mainly held back by the usual bad speed plus a lower resistance stat than even most FE3 units.
But I'm sure you'll like Wendy in this hack.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Kinu Nishimura posted:

oh i didn't even notice that. i like how they changed that one but not me calling barp 'barf'

I'm not gonna change what's clearly a joke.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Last Celebration posted:

Huh, is that an Ember thing or have FE6 enemies always just not had a luck stat beyond invisible Hard Mode bonus levels?

It's exclusive to the hack. For some reason the hacker decided to give all enemies and bosses garbage luck growths, so basic enemies will never have more than 1 or 2 points while bosses usually sit in middling single digits. I don't really like it, since it diminishes the threat bosses pose and makes crit weapons even more unbalanced even with the base -10 crit on all combat in this hack. But I guess it's to make the game less luck-focused, since luck boosts both accuracy and evasion.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 1, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Lance, Bors, Ellen, Dieck, Lugh, Rutger, Clarine, Sue, Treck, Noah, Devias.

Dorothy doesn't look like she's panning out too well. Let's see how Wolt performs this chapter.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
If we're using Devias long-term, then we'll also have to use Bors or Barth long-term too, since they're his only support partners.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
But they're fun.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

For the record, I do intend to show off all the supports for the new characters eventually, so you don't need to let the fear of missing out on PE exclusive content influence your votes.

I was actually fixating more on stat optimization than just getting the supports themselves. I have this fixation recently on having my main parties in an FE run support-compatible so the teams aren't as complete a mishmash as usual.

...Man, that sounds unbelievably stupid when I say it out loud. Basically I just want you to use Wendy because she has bows and isn't as top-heavy as Barth or Devias.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 15, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Wolt, Chad, Lugh, Saul, Treck, Noah, Devias, Lilina, Oujay, Barth, Wendy.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Doobeedoo posted:

You know what, let's go with this. Wendy.

I had way too much fun using Aceline in Tacthack, and PE Wendy is just her but taking advantages of this hack's buffs.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Man, Clarine and Chad are having a tough time becoming long-term viable.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Roy/Lilina, Alan/Lance, Ward/Lot, Lugh/Chad and Barth/Wendy should probably be ranked up to C. I wanna save as many as Ellen's support slots possible for reasons.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Go Treck/Gonzales

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

mandatory lesbian posted:

The internet has poisoned my brain and i cant take astolfo seriously

See, there's a valid reason for using older names instead of official ones - no overlap with other anime characters.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Lance, Wolt, Ellen, Dieck, Ward, Lugh, Rutger, Saul, Treck, Wendy. B Route.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

SMaster777 posted:

Almost every other LP of FE6 has done A to death

And yet you're still wanting Cute Girl Thany to become an MVP despite how that locks the game into Ilia route, which has also been done by every FE6 LP due to being easier.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
EDIT:NVM

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Kinu Nishimura posted:

Debias, Shanna, Rutger, Wade, Lugh, and take the A route because I like Larum better

also the vilkacis lp took the b route and that's the most memorable fe6 lp

I feel it's unfair to call a joke romhack showcase "the most memorable FE6 LP".

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 27, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

The one truly memorable FE6 LP I've seen is one from SerenesForest, where the LPer made it a point to only use the worst units the game has to offer. That was a glorious run.

Ooh, sounds fun. Where can I find it?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Clarine's been slumping, plus she's already guaranteed to be used for recruiting Klein.

So I guess B route wins unless Marshmallow Creeps decides to change their vote. Sorry for being so obnoxious on wanting that route.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Cattail Prophet posted:

So uh, about that...

Gain defence!

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
There's like 5 or 6 new units in the game, three of them at the very end. Not recruiting one or two won't actually help.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Booky posted:

i hope that issue gets ironed out for the later vers because hoo boy its actually kind of draining to basically have to marathon the last few chapters without a break

You're not forced to marathon the last three chapters. You're just forced to reload a savestate instead of load a save in the post-Chapter 22 maps.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Booky posted:

not if u played on like a 3ds via the gba vc

Man, homebrew issues are weird.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Darn, Noah's not turning out well. At least Chad's turning the corner better while Roy's holding to Marth levels of decency. Also happy with Wolt, though I wish he gained defense here.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Lance, Alan, Ellen, Thany, Chad, Lugh, Clarine, Sue, Treck, Shin.

I'd like you to demonstrate a detail to this level that nobody else tends to remember, and you'll probably need a lot of mobile units to pull it off. Namely, recruiting Tate by having Thany talk to her twice - first before recruiting Klein, and then after recruiting Klein. Vilkacis did it in his romhack showcase, but nobody noticed it because they told him to redo the whole level for missing the Elysian Whip and ended up recruiting Tate with Klein instead. And nobody actually knew about it in Melth's playthrough - they only knew about the method of turning Tate NPC. The armors also probably need to take a break if we're gonna be trying to get Ward and Lot their last chances to show off before Gonzales, Treck and/or Barth are almost certain to replace them. Fir's also guaranteed deployment next chapter.

Neat to see Oujay's surpassed Dieck in most stats. Also glad Chad's managed to redeem himself with his levels last chapter.

Also, there is one player-usable Light Blade in this hack, but obtaining it has nothing to do with which routes you take. It's even more obnoxious than that.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Good to hear. Hope you show off the recruitment method I'm hoping for.