Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

those users with lowtax on their list are like our night’s watch

probably a bunch of bastards with names like Edward GBS and Paula FYAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Maybe I should add Lowtax to my Buddy List. He could be my deathbud. My spooky webmaster chum from beyond the grave

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lawrence Video Games

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The dead can't unfriend you :unsmith:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I hate to tell you this about Lowtax, but...

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
He died. Sorry, I accidentally hit the "submit" button too soon.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If he's dead then why does he have more buddies than you, buddy?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'll be your buddy, chump

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A lot of you goons sure have been, and are, unrelentingly enthusiastic about dissing certain dead people.

Though I'm pretty far Left, I follow no political path solely, and unlike many of the Left, I admit the Right are sometimes, err, right. They got the concept of "cancel culture" correct. It exists, and of course that admission is not politically correct. The same goes for the concept of political correctness itself! SA Forums have been called by some "the last bastion of political correctness on the internet." True, IMO, for some goons/threads/popular opinions here.

Personally I see no need to cancal Lowtax. He already cancelled himself. :rip: And like it or not, though, from ex-partner accounts, he very regrettably commited occasional act of domestic violence, he's nonetheless a large part of Forums history. It was what it was, he was what he was, and as well as being a bad partner, he was the founder of these very Forums, and also was funny for a while like two decades ago.

I don't have any spare time to debate all this further ITT, and I know it will get some angry responses, but I figured it was time someone said it. Peace.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gently caress it, nobody uses the buddy list, buddy everybody in this loving thread.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I think it's funny that Lowtax called Chris Hardwick a piece of human garbage while doing the same (if not worse) things to his partners that he accused Hardwick of doing

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BigBadSteve posted:

A lot of you goons sure have been, and are, unrelentingly enthusiastic about dissing certain dead people.

thank you for noticing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Adde to your buddy list folks my handle is "Smugworth"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Do we have a user named Bonzi? They could be #1

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
What does a like list even do? I get that an ignore list removes the messages from the poster, but a Like list? What?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

PITY BONER posted:

What does a like list even do? I get that an ignore list removes the messages from the poster, but a Like list? What?

It's a solemn forum promise to defend them from their posting enemies and cancel culture in general.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What are even the benefits of using the buddy list?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Jeffrey should put Lowtax on his buddy list and then Lowtax could help him solve mortal forums crimes as a ghost whose posts only Jeffrey can see. Jeffrey and Richard (Deceased)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I used to run a vbulletin forum and the buddy list is just legacy from that. I bet it's infected with radium code that breaks poo poo and it's not worth touching.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

PITY BONER posted:

On your user control panel you can see if buddy listed people are online. It doesn't work on the apps though only through browser.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hammerite posted:

Jeffrey should put Lowtax on his buddy list and then Lowtax could help him solve mortal forums crimes as a ghost whose posts only Jeffrey can see. Jeffrey and Richard (Deceased)

I can get behind this

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I went and looked and apparently I put some people on my buddy list at some point. It's just Pennywise the Frown, Spinz and someone called YourCreation who I have no idea who that is.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
buddy dwyer listed user

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Hammerite posted:

Maybe I should add Lowtax to my Buddy List. He could be my deathbud. My spooky webmaster chum from beyond the grave
I just buddylisted him and his count is still at 1682 :raise:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Dixville posted:

I went and looked and apparently I put some people on my buddy list at some point. It's just Pennywise the Frown, Spinz and someone called YourCreation who I have no idea who that is.

That's really nice
:love:

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

goochtit posted:

Yeah, same

But it does show he's offline right now

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Let's give the buddy list free facial reconstruction surgery with axes and shovels

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I bet it stopped updating the numbers 10 years ago and nobody noticed.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I use my buddy list to keep track of my internet friends aka "forum tulpas"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It's the only way to contact him in the spirit realm.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Adde to your buddy list folks my handle is "Smugworth"

don't ever do this

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Cool Dad posted:

Since I joined this forum in 2007 I have never even heard anyone mention the buddy list. Does anyone actually use it?
I used it SO HARD, I have like 50 people in it. It is hard to know exactly when I stopped using it, but I was definitely still using it in 2006 because I remember adding everyone cool I met at GoonCon (in 2005 also) to my Buddy List so I could remember their handles for future GoonCons. Well 2006 was my last oops oh well

It is also "fun" to click people's names in your buddy list and see almost all of them stopped posting around 2007

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

wonder what ever happened to that guy

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Dr. Quarex posted:

It is also "fun" to click people's names in your buddy list and see almost all of them stopped posting around 2007

Oh man that is sad

Did a particular thing happen then?

I hate when I'm looking at an old thread and every name that said something funny is
banned

banned

banned

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
add me to your buddy list and bill gates will give 5 dollars to a kid in zimbabwe

astral
Apr 26, 2004

goochtit posted:

I believe that only updates on a daily basis.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I'd use my buddy list but I just don't like you guys that much

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

IM NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS <:mad:>

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I just have all the mods on speed dial in my buddy list so I can complain more directly about everyone's intolerance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Spinz posted:

Oh man that is sad

Did a particular thing happen then?

I hate when I'm looking at an old thread and every name that said something funny is
banned

banned

banned

On the other hand the fact the mods got so offended as to immediately kneejerk ban the few actually funny people back then is in itself funny.