Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The last time we did this for the AEW thread it wound up being a success and a lot of people had a lot of fun, so I figured why not try to appeal to our MMA userbase. This is a game of mafia. If you've ever played werewolf or any similar games you'll be more or less up to speed on how to play.

Nick Diaz is a complex human being. Born and raised on the streets of Stockton, California, he entered the realm of Mixed Martial Arts training under the tutelage of Cesar Gracie, alongside his brother Nate. He's had a long and storied career, in and out of the UFC, a man of many needs and wants, of strange motivations and driving forces.

Nick featured, pondering the wherabouts of one Georges St. Pierre

In this game, the roles and allegiances that are given out will be more or less Conceptual, based on the things that make up the humanity that is Stockton's favorite bad boy. Things that bring peace and joy to Nick Diaz will typically be what makes up the Town roles in this game, and things that just seem to drag him down, make his life miserable, just out to ruin a motherfucker's day will be what makes up the Scum here. Scum will be given fake claims to work with so don't try to make arguments based on flavor.

If you are new to mafia, this will be a low complexity game. The roles will be standard ones and there will be plenty of lore for each of you to sink your teeth into. Remember that this is a game of subterfuge, so be wary of taking everything your fellow players are saying at face value. We're looking for 13 players.

We're operating with the following ruleset:
  • First two days will have a 72 hour deadline, following that they'll be 48 hours. Night Phase will typically have a 24 hour deadline but may end earlier if all night actions are submitted ahead of time. Night will always run a minimum of 16 hours.
  • On days that last more than 24 hours, there is a ten post minimum Lurker warning. You must make more than 10 posts in any given game day or else you will be given a Lurker Warning. If you have a second day where you fail to make more than 10 posts, you'll be mod-killed from the game.
  • Do not edit your posts. If you need to make a correction just quote your post and note the change.
  • Do not post after you're dead.
  • There will not be Day Actions or any Miller or other high complexity roles in this setup.
  • Your co-mod for this game will be Grandicap. Treat anything he says as if it were coming from me.

GAME DISCORD CHANNEL LOCATED >>HERE<<

Players/Player Posts
  1. Bluedeanie
  2. CarlCX
  3. CommonShore
  4. Dirt Road Junglist
  5. George Kansas (he/him)
  6. Gumball Gumption
  7. ilmucche
  8. LobsterMobster
  9. Mekchu
  10. merk (he/him)
  11. Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  12. The Science of Suck
  13. TheTofuShop

The following is a snippet from the Mafia megathread OP courtesy of Sandwolf:

What is Mafia?

Mafia (also known as Werewolf) is a party game of social deduction, in the vein of Town of Salem or Among Us, that has been adapted to a play-by-post forums game. Mafia games usually have two factions: Town make up the uninformed majority of the players, do not know each other’s identities or roles, and cannot communicate outside the thread. Mafia (commonly called Scum in the SA forums) are an informed minority of players that can coordinate outside the thread, and are able to kill other players at night. Both town and mafia players can have additional powers.

After signing up to play, players are assigned a role (via a Role PM) by the Moderator, who is the person in charge of coordinating the game and writing the underlying story. Roles are usually private and sharing them verbatim is not allowed.

Most games nowadays are run using Discord for communication with both the mod and with other players. You will probably be asked to join a Discord group prior to starting play, so be sure to have an account!

Games have two phases:

• Day phase: All players debate in thread and try to reach a consensus about eliminating a living player. Eliminations happen by majority vote; if a consensus is not reached before the end of the day, no elimination will happen. Votes are registered by the votefinder bot, and need to be formatted in the ##vote [playername] (bolded) format. You can also retract your vote using ##unvote. To change your vote to another player, you usually just need to vote again, but you also might be asked to unvote prior to voting someone else – always check the OP of your game to make sure of the system being used!

• Night phase: Threads are usually closed. If open, players will not be allowed to vote, and may be asked to not discuss the game, at the moderator’s discretion. During night phase, mafia players will be allowed to attempt to kill a player, removing them from the game. Night actions that are part of roles will also take place during that time.

Both Day and Night phases have deadlines that are set by the moderator. Always check those carefully; once a deadline is reached, no more actions can be input, and the game will proceed to the next phase.
Game ends when one of the factions reaches their win condition. Typically, for town players this will involve removing any threats to town; for mafia players, they will need to control the majority of the vote. Some players may have additional win conditions that will be specified in their role PM.

If you have any further questions about how to play Mafia, just ask in here or check out main thread!

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
in.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Signing up but I WILL ragequit if I am assigned Cesar Gracie

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Soccer Mom from Lodi that says "I hope GSP beats your rear end" should be a SCUM role

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is the stockton hey buddy a day action?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ilmucche posted:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

gently caress it, I'm in

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I have never played mafia and have the barest idea of how it works, but unlike most people in Stockton, I am ready to learn.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am down to play

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hell yeah

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Observer for sure. 209

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ilmucche posted:

illmuche are you in

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
i will play, op

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll play if you're still looking for folks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ilmucche posted:

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'll play if you're still looking for folks

gently caress yeah

I'll observe, Cena

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I'm in

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Hello friends. I am here to play mafia.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is #7 merk merk or is that me merk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Is #7 merk merk or is that me merk

merk classic

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'll play then

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

okay if we don't get a 13th signup by the end of tonight i will launch the game tomorrow morning with 12 players. for now everyone can join the game discord >>here<< so you can receive your roles and access any scum chats.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'll do it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

alright! game launches tomorrow morning Monday morning, nfl sundays suck for me lol

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 11, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

no spoilers for the diaz fight please. I'm going to watch it sunday evening

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Discord said no :sigh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

game starts Monday at 12pm Eastern US time

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JOHN CENA posted:

game starts Monday at 12pm Eastern US time

noon?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

high noon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

only if USADA is there with us

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Game will start in 10 minutes, Science of Suck and TheTofuShop, you guys need to join the discord to confirm your roles.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Bluedeanie, CarlCX, CommonShore, Dirt Road Junglist, George Kansas, Gumball Gumption, ilmucche, LobsterMobster, Mekchu, merk, Nep-Nep, The Science of Suck, TheTofuShop

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2022 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 5 hours.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##vote merk

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

hey votecounter its been a while, whats up lil buddy

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
is ilmucche merk?? is ilmucche not merk?? who is ilmucche?? somebody get me pictures of ilmucche!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

George Kansas posted:

is ilmucche merk?? is ilmucche not merk?? who is ilmucche?? somebody get me pictures of ilmucche!!

people have been asking these questions for like 2 years. I'm an italian exchange student, leave me be

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

all u motherfuckers are on steroidsscum

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The correct Stocktonian thing to do is to randomly assault someone and not actually care of it is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Votefinder taking a little trip to our sub, so cute.

##Vote Mekchu for the practice