Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LobsterMobster posted:

Re-read through most of the thread

I'm still not getting good feelings from CommonShore

But I have strong scum feelings from ilmucche and Bluedeanie

ilmucche's votes drifted a lot, but towards the end of d1 and d2, both voted in lockstep (Gumball, then Science of Suck), within somewhat short time frames of each other. Could be wild cork board conspiracy, but it read as a tad coordinated.

If it looks like a larger consensus is on the way, I'm willing to move my vote to either one of them.

On another note, I wonder why they killed lobster. I was on the fence but had mild suspicion of lobster. Depending on how I went into today I could have ended up pushing lobster today and doing their work for them. Posts like this make me wonder if lobster was on to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That’s just kinda my foundational thinking from the flip, but gonna sleep on this and figure out where to go from here when I’m back

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nep-Nep posted:

On another note, I wonder why they killed lobster. I was on the fence but had mild suspicion of lobster. Depending on how I went into today I could have ended up pushing lobster today and doing their work for them. Posts like this make me wonder if lobster was on to something.

I would guess that lobster got taken because they were starting to post more, but hadn't had a lot of vote attention. It leaves less info when looking at the votes and takes a stocktonite they weren't going to convince town to kill for them.

It's why I get to keep sticking around, everyone thinks I'm scum :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nep-Nep's posts and logic do track. :thinking:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think voting CS or ilmucche would make sense given what has been presented.

If either is town on the first vote, we lose and scum win. However if we're right it gives credence that our logic/deductions followed the right pattern?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

George Kansas posted:

hello all. i had a busy saturday but i am around now. i am glad bluedeanie was scum! i am still feeling ilmucche for scum. i suppose it's not a bad time to claim that i was lobstermobster's unconfirmed mason. we didn't talk very much because i hate unconfirmed masonries

smh if you're not using your masonry to smoke weed and chill with your masonbro. where's the diaz spirit?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

I think voting CS or ilmucche would make sense given what has been presented.

If either is town on the first vote, we lose and scum win. However if we're right it gives credence that our logic/deductions followed the right pattern?

I don't think we lose immediately if cs or I flip town. There should be another day unless there are 3 scum left right now, which if that's the case then both cs and I would have to be scum or they could have come in overnight and cleaned the game out.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My assumption is there is 3 scum, and no town don't lose if you or CS result in being town but it helps create a potential cascade that the scum can win from. As I said, I'm going to stick with my gut and aim for Commonshore on this vote unless otherwise convinced. I'm going to bed in a few hours so hopefully the rest of the town get on board with this or present a different vote and why. If not, town may lose a day vote due to miscommunication/lack of coordination.

Right now the votes seem to be

Commonshore (1): Mekchu
ilmucche (1): Gumball Gumption

With 5 non votes:

GK thinks its ilmucche but didn't vote.
ilmucche thinks Commonshore but also hasn't voted.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 25, 2022

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
i just don’t see myself voting any other way today except to avoid a nolynch, scummiest player left plus i feel stuck on figuring the rest of the game out until i see their flip

##vote CommonShore

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mekchu posted:

My assumption is there is 3 scum, and no town don't lose if you or CS result in being town but it helps create a potential cascade that the scum can win from. As I said, I'm going to stick with my gut and aim for Commonshore on this vote unless otherwise convinced. I'm going to bed in a few hours so hopefully the rest of the town get on board with this or present a different vote and why. If not, town may lose a day vote due to miscommunication/lack of coordination.

Right now the votes seem to be

Commonshore (1): Mekchu
ilmucche (1): Gumball Gumption

With 5 non votes:

ilmucche thinks Commonshore but also hasn't voted.

We've still got a full day and a half so there's time.

quote:

Votecount for Day 4

ilmucche (1): Mekchu, Mekchu, Gumball Gumption
CommonShore (1): Mekchu, Mekchu, Mekchu

Not Voting (5): CommonShore, George Kansas, ilmucche, Nep-Nep, The Science of Suck

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 26th, 2022 at 10:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah I misremembered the time remaining. Fair point.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Would you vote Ilmucche if it looks like that's going to get the closing vote later in the game?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

Would you vote Ilmucche if it looks like that's going to get the closing vote later in the game?

I have to say I probably wouldn't

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I have to say I probably wouldn't

That makes sense. Meant to direct this at Mekchu

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Mekchu posted:

oh you're right ##vote ilmucche

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
i'm not really doing the best scumhunting here, it really is just vibes for me. being right about bluedeanie makes me really think i'm right about ilmucche too. commonshore's questions and posting reads sincere to me, and i can empathize with their frustration- i feel like i would react similarly to certain prods made against me. ilmucche reads to me as someone who is commenting a lot on like, the theory of playing mafia, in lieu of actually sharing opinions about players.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

That makes sense. Meant to direct this at Mekchu

I'd be comfortable with that vote yes. Going off my breakdown of posts per day etc. I lean more towards ilmucche than commonshore but think they're both very sus.

##Unvote

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll vote ilmucche now to prevent any issues with deadlines

##Vote ilmucche

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

well lets see if I was right or if I killed us all

##Vote ilmucche

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

ilmucche (4): Mekchu, Mekchu, Gumball Gumption, George Kansas, Mekchu, CommonShore
CommonShore (1): Mekchu, Mekchu, Mekchu, The Science of Suck, Mekchu

Not Voting (2): ilmucche, Nep-Nep

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 26th, 2022 at 10:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 16 hours, 13 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:redhammer: And that's hammer, ilmucche has been executed!

quote:

You need to relax, it's it's time to smoke up. I ring up **MY WEED DOCTOR**, he'll get us some bud.

You are a TOWN-Aligned Doctor. During the night phase, you can TOKE UP with another player. If you do, they will survive any night kill that might target them. You cannot target yourself. You win the game when all threats to TOWN have been eliminated.

night time. Let's say 11pm eastern is deadline, roughly 20 hours from now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

George Kansas was slain in the night!

quote:

An inner monologue of two wolves, but one of those wolves is just more of a relaxed dog, it's time for **PEACE DIAZ** to take over and enjoy the little things.

You are a TOWN-Aligned Unconfirmed Mason. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. You will share a masonry with another player. You will not know their alignment.

It's day 5, we're going to be tightening up the deadlines.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): CommonShore, Gumball Gumption, Mekchu, Nep-Nep, The Science of Suck

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 28th, 2022 at 10:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gently caress's sake

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well now I am definitely suspicious of Commonshore. Probably also Gumball & Nep-Nep at this point too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That said my scum radar has been wildly off.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress it, going to have to go with my gut on this one.

##Vote Commonshore

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The vote patterns the last time around now have me thinking GG and Mekchu.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

but nep nep isn't 100% clear.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

But Nep Nep isn't 100% clear

##Vote Commonshore

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote commonshore

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got a sinking feeling that scum are definitely helping drive the votes for town but at this point with 2 potential scum left that's inevitable. Oh well.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##Unvote

I don't like how quick GG & Nep-Nep just jumped in to vote without much to say.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

thank you for you're service

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If there's 2 scum left, that means town are basically in a terrible position.

I'll come clean and say I'm VT.

I have no real idea who the scum can be since I was so convinced ilmucche was scum but turns out they were town.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If there's two scum left, this is the last day phase too.

Scum would skim by making it a 2:2 ratio, then kill a town at night meaning the game ends with 2:1 sum:town ratio.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

but nep nep isn't 100% clear.

Gumball Gumption posted:

But Nep Nep isn't 100% clear

##Vote Commonshore

Why did you post the exact same thing that CommonShore posted?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nep-Nep posted:

##vote commonshore

:redhammer:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What does this mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3 votes is enough to execute CommonShore, the game is over!

quote:

War. Peace. The Fans. The Bosses. The Press. My Losses. There's just no escape, it's making me mad! I turn to **MY TRAINING, IT'S ALL THAT I HAVE**!

You are a TOWN-Aligned Vanilla Player. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated. As a Vanilla Player, you do not possess any special powers except for your Vote. Use it wisely.

Mekchu and The Science of Suck have been end gamed by the scum!