Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CommonShore posted:

I have to do this because I know that Nick Diaz is like the only guy who ever thought to bring a lawyer to an NSAC hearing, so he may not be Nick, but he's probably aligned with him.

##Vote merk

##unvote

Well now hold on I want to vote for fake merk as much as the next guy but are you saying you want to vote for someone for being aligned with a Diaz ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

ilmucche posted:

##unvote

Well now hold on I want to vote for fake merk as much as the next guy but are you saying you want to vote for someone for being aligned with a Diaz ?

CommonShore's favorite Diaz fight is a kind of boring fight that Diaz lost, the choice is clear :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ilmucche posted:

##unvote

I'm saying that I got mixed up on what we were trying to do until I reread the OP.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

CommonShore's favorite Diaz fight is a kind of boring fight that Diaz lost, the choice is clear :colbert:

If you check the scoring criteria you'll find that the Diazes won all of those fights

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CommonShore posted:

I'm saying that I got mixed up on what we were trying to do until I reread the OP.

Not fully understanding the rules at hand is an extremely Diaz thing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Stellar job sticking to the theme by none of us reading the OP or discord. I don't have time to look at names right now but I also feel like we're waiting for a few folks to post, make those posts and come play da game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

The Science of Suck posted:

##vote LobsterMobster

day one scum get let’s goooo!

scum post! ##vote science of suck

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I read the intro

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

George Kansas posted:

scum post! ##vote science of suck

what is scummy about the post?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I read the discord, too

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Anyway, some people are voting for LobsterMobster. I have met Lobster irl and can confirm she is not scummy irl. however she is also not a weird lil goblin irl despite claiming to be so in this thread, so that's actually kinda sus if u think about it. Sorry Lob, I tried to clear your good name and came up short!!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gumball Gumption posted:

Stellar job sticking to the theme by none of us reading the OP or discord. I don't have time to look at names right now but I also feel like we're waiting for a few folks to post, make those posts and come play da game

Don't be scared, homies

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bluedeanie posted:

There's no such thing as a boring Diaz fight, only boring opponents who don't let the Diaz's do their best work in the cage/ring/street :c00lbert:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bluedeanie posted:

Anyway, some people are voting for LobsterMobster. I have met Lobster irl and can confirm she is not scummy irl. however she is also not a weird lil goblin irl despite claiming to be so in this thread, so that's actually kinda sus if u think about it. Sorry Lob, I tried to clear your good name and came up short!!!

Bluedeanie, you are a good person.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

what is scummy about the post?

non-committal between whether serious vote or joke vote. seeming to softly imply that you think they're scummy for joking about sitting back and not voting in early D1. seems like a solid early hedge vote to me!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

that's some early scumhunting. we still got what, like 2 full days?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Gotta start somewhere

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

In the 209 we dont jump to conclusions, we are always ready but you have to wait for the right offer. Cant just go after the first poster Mick maynard proposes. Gotta at least milk the offer first.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was gonna do some schtick but that ended up feeling like a lot of work

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
*work instead of worj

I hope that typo didn’t ruin your immersion

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello,

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

George Kansas posted:

non-committal between whether serious vote or joke vote. seeming to softly imply that you think they're scummy for joking about sitting back and not voting in early D1. seems like a solid early hedge vote to me!

hmmm… i don’t know what a hedge vote is but i think you have the wrong impression overall because my voting is always serious. democracy is no joke!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

I have to do this because I know that Nick Diaz is like the only guy who ever thought to bring a lawyer to an NSAC hearing, so he may not be Nick, but he's probably aligned with him.

##Vote merk

Other people brought lawyers, it's just that Nick brought a competent one.

##Vote CommonShore

How could you forget the greatest athletic commission hearing ever where Nick Diaz did the Chappelle Show "Fifth Amendment" sketch in real life.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 14, 2022

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Other people brought lawyers, it's just that Nick brought a competent one.

##Vote CommonShore

How could you forget the greatest athletic commission hearing ever where Nick Diaz did the Chappelle Show "Fifth Amendment" sketch in real life.

I didn't forget this that's why I changed my vote once I figured out that we're supposed to help Nick

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're a rat and I'm on to you.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I don't know what you all think you're talking about with rats and rules, we fight in a cage, motherfuckers.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I post, from an office, actually

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I post from a cage but the cage is mostly made of my emotions.

hmmm… i don’t know what a hedge vote is but i think you have the wrong impression overall because my voting is always serious. democracy is no joke!

I think the argument there is that it's an easy vote to go back and claim you were joking or claim you're making a real vote later on based on what suites you if you're scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Then that cements it tbh! Voting without ever saying why you're voting and then insisting that it's a serious vote....!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

People need to post more so we can scumhunt more. What does everyone think of my case? I don't mind if you don't like it, but share your opinions of me and of Science of Suck.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is why real democracies have secret balloting

##vote ilmucche

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CommonShore (2): Bluedeanie, Mekchu
LobsterMobster (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, The Science of Suck
Bluedeanie (1): CommonShore
ilmucche (1): ilmucche
Mekchu (1): Gumball Gumption
merk (1): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, CarlCX, CommonShore, CommonShore, ilmucche
The Science of Suck (1): George Kansas
Gumball Gumption (0): Mekchu, Mekchu

Not Voting (5): Dirt Road Junglist, LobsterMobster, merk, Nep-Nep, TheTofuShop

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 15th, 2022 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

George Kansas posted:

People need to post more so we can scumhunt more. What does everyone think of my case? I don't mind if you don't like it, but share your opinions of me and of Science of Suck.

I don't make much of it but it makes me feel okay about you, your explanation was sensible and it didn't feel overplayed either

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
In general it feels like nobody wants to make a move. What I'd note is that since GK made that post nobody has really jumped on it. What does everyone make of that?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Unless some scummy player just really overplays their hand, Day 1 doesn't typically yield super helpful information without Night 1 to help contextualize it, imhmpe (in my honest mafia playing experience)

My vote is staying on CommonShore even though it started as a joke post, because so far I haven't seen a better case for anyone else. I will also move my vote if it looks like it'll make the difference between bringing down the guillotine or not, as I think a no-execution Day benefits scum more often than not. Just letting you all know in case I change my vote and someone tries to call that scummy. It's not!!! You gotta believe me!!!!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That sounds like a good scum hedge for getting a good stockton citizen killed

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

ilmucche posted:

That sounds like a good scum hedge for getting a good stockton citizen killed

My Brother in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, everything is a hedge D1

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bluedeanie posted:

My Brother in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, everything is a hedge D1

I don't know much about hedges man but I do know trees hehehe

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

Unless some scummy player just really overplays their hand, Day 1 doesn't typically yield super helpful information without Night 1 to help contextualize it, imhmpe (in my honest mafia playing experience)

My vote is staying on CommonShore even though it started as a joke post, because so far I haven't seen a better case for anyone else. I will also move my vote if it looks like it'll make the difference between bringing down the guillotine or not, as I think a no-execution Day benefits scum more often than not. Just letting you all know in case I change my vote and someone tries to call that scummy. It's not!!! You gotta believe me!!!!!

same but the other way.

the problem is that I did some :justpost: action and got targeted because of it. It's a pretty common first-round scum strategy in social deduction games to argue that anyone who sticks their neck out for any reason is the one who is actually scum to get someone killed fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can we fake day actions and flip people off yet?