Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

girlfriend wants to plan a trip but i dont know anything about the place. according to the wikipedia article "Costa Rican cuisine is known for being fairly mild." hmmmm not really selling it there chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I've worked with people from Costa Rica. They seem nice enough but apparently everyone there is called Diego?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pretty sure someone has been op

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Costa Rica isn't a real place, you sheep. Much like Australia or birds, it's just something made up by the government to spy on you.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I have not been to Costa Rica.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How much does a rica cost though?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
A coworker of mine went a few months ago. She said it was very pretty there but the roads are terrible.

E: depending on what you want to do there are other Central American countries.
Belize, for example example. Belize kicks all sorts of rear end.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I heard Costa Rica has dinosaurs.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Costa Rica means "rich coast" in Spanish I hope this helps your decision making op

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

More like Cost Ya Rica am i right

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Traveling outside of your home village shouldn't be allowed

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah I went for 2 week vacation a while ago

Probably wouldn't recommend tbh

There are more interesting places and there are prettier places. The beach was nice but you can go to like, the Bahamas and get the same thing a lot closer and cheaper

edit: also yeah 2nding that the roads are terrible and spending like 4 hours back and forth from San Jose getting to the beaches on insanely bumpy dirt and gravel roads was awful

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

It's a very nice place if you enjoy looking at many lovely different species of birds that you would not find otherwise OP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Don't Stop Belizin'

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
thinkin bout making it one of our potential places to bail the gently caress out to when we retire

the other is portugal, but the financial barrier to entry there is way, way steeper

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Mrs. Hurley and I went there for our honeymoon for like 10 days it was awesome. We stayed in three different areas. One was Tortuguero on the Caribbean side which is on a canal in the jungle where we did some nature trips on a boat and saw a ton of cool wildlife. Then we went to Aranal where there is a huge active volcano and hot volcanic streams. Then we stayed the last few days at a big resort on the Pacific side, I forget the name. Lovely beach and we went horseback riding.

Yeah the roads are bad but you see cool stuff. People there love to point out animals to tourists. One guy who was driving us stopped the car so we could see a family of spider monkeys in some trees. At a rest stop a random local guy ran up to us excitedly to point up in a tree where a sloth was chilling. Another lady pointed out a little green (non venomous) snake.

Snakes though, watch out. There be vipers. And something called bullet ants that I did not want to encounter.

People will definitely try to get you on a zip line. Personally I don’t get it, I wanted to walk slowly and quietly through the forest to see some frogs and birds and flowers and stuff not whizzing through the air like a big loud jerk.

Pura Vida

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
A baby was eaten by compys there

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
No but I've been to Ame Rica

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint told me the cocaine is very good when he gets it from his guys there but the poo poo the tourists get us bunk

I wouldn't know I'm drug free

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My parents have been to Costa Rica. Same tropical environment as the rest of Central America, but much safer. I'd say go for it, your girlfriend's got the right idea

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I went, it's dope. Don't go to Nicaragua while you're there, though. It's the most depressing place I've ever been.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Went to Costa Rica with friends in 2019, and it was a truly lovely trip. We also did the three-location thing, hitting Arenal to see the volcano and luxuriate at the Tabacon Resort (which is built right into the volcanically-heated springs), Monteverde to see the rain forest and see a coffee/chocolate farm, and near Manuel Antonio to stay at a bomb-rear end villa in the middle of a nature preserve that also had food and bar service on the beach. Got to see lots of sloths, go scuba diving/snorkeling in pristine waters with dolphins and whales, and have capuchin monkeys try to see if they could sneak in to get our groceries:

Pretty much everyone in the group agreed that if we were to do this again, we would just spend the whole week+ in Manuel Antonio next time rather than split things up.

You definitely want to have a driver arranged to get you from the airport in San José to your destination (and from any one town to another), because yeah the roads are poo poo. It'll take at least 4 hours to get from one city/area to another. Pacific side of the country is cooler than the gulf side. It's not expensive, but it's also not super-cheap either.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

I haven't been to Costco Rica in a while but I'm glad they decided not to raise the price on their hot dogs

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Nope never been there. Used to have a shirt that was made there though. Said so on the tag. Was a pretty nice shirt.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

I don't want to visit countries that have monkeys in it, I'm scared. :(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

will i be able to eat a toucan served in their own bill?

id probably rent a proper moto too and figure out a 3-4 day loop i could do, when i went to thailand ripping around the northern mountain roads on a honda cbx500 was pretty fuckin cool

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

All I know is my mom retired there in some city full of other old white people.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

SPACE HOMOS posted:

All I know is my mom retired there in some city full of other old white people.
i live in a city full of old white people :whitewater:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

god please help me posted:

I don't want to visit countries that have monkeys in it, I'm scared. :(
No idea how to embed sound cloud but whatever.
https://soundcloud.com/michael-draper-14/pxl-20210625-092430067-1

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I met some guy that went there on a family trip and they went sight seeing to a cave when a rock somehow fell and brained/killed his mom

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lady Zil had a coworker go to Costa Rica for their honeymoon. She had fun up until the point she broke her arm ziplining through the jungle after slamming into a branch or something.

That is the only thing I know about Costa Rica.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

toby (from the office [usa]) injured himself zip lining in costa rica so im gonna avoid the zip lines, as i do any ways. gently caress that poo poo lol.

ill ski and mtb down some steep poo poo and if i gently caress up its on me, not some summer job fortnite phone playing teenager.

i also avoid carny rides.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ralph Hurley posted:

Mrs. Hurley and I went there for our honeymoon for like 10 days it was awesome. We stayed in three different areas. One was Tortuguero on the Caribbean side which is on a canal in the jungle where we did some nature trips on a boat and saw a ton of cool wildlife. Then we went to Aranal where there is a huge active volcano and hot volcanic streams. Then we stayed the last few days at a big resort on the Pacific side, I forget the name. Lovely beach and we went horseback riding.

Yeah the roads are bad but you see cool stuff. People there love to point out animals to tourists. One guy who was driving us stopped the car so we could see a family of spider monkeys in some trees. At a rest stop a random local guy ran up to us excitedly to point up in a tree where a sloth was chilling. Another lady pointed out a little green (non venomous) snake.

Snakes though, watch out. There be vipers. And something called bullet ants that I did not want to encounter.

People will definitely try to get you on a zip line. Personally I don’t get it, I wanted to walk slowly and quietly through the forest to see some frogs and birds and flowers and stuff not whizzing through the air like a big loud jerk.

Pura Vida

you sound like a loving loser that got taken for any spare change you had lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

you sound like a loving loser that got taken for any spare change you had lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

costa rica ml costa me nothing once cousin steve calls me back lol

just kidding i was violently assaulted there for making the above joke

10/10

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Costa Rica, not gentrified enough for Americans.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
It's not safe to go there.

Dinosaurs live there.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Meagles posted:

Nope never been there. Used to have a shirt that was made there though. Said so on the tag. Was a pretty nice shirt.

I also have a Costa Rican shirt which says 'Costa Rica Independiente Since 1821'

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just did 10 days in Manuel Antonio getting married. Rented a big staffed house, used our wedding as an opportunity to pressure our families into going on the big group vacation they have talked about for years but clearly have no intention of planning.
It was nice would reccomend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Isla nublar