Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Blake is incredible and turf is dogshit garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That's probably a wrap on the Sounders' season

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
ngl I'm delighted, but still not fooling myself enough to believe the Caps can't somehow choke this

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Disappointing regular season for sure, but I personally am still happy that the Sounders were able to win CONCACAF. I do wonder who is taking the fall for being the first Sounders squad to miss. Schmetzer? GM? The players? The fans?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That's one way to get a yellow card.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh noooooooooooooo~

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
more fool us expecting anything competent from Columbus after the 75th

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Wow WTF was that from the Rapids. Just didn't show up at all.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Can't wait to see the Sounders season basically end in a couple hours...then officially end on Sunday because Ruidiaz came off injured for Peru earlier today :shepicide:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
That is an insane straight red.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Insane as in "why did he commit that foul?" or "why did the ref give out that card?"? Because if it's the latter....that was a legit red. Rowe got all leg and was the last defender back.

Also holy gently caress, how did Vazquez not score there?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Also holy gently caress, how did Santos not score there?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Frustrating result, but that's just been the theme all year for the Sounders. Oh well.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Can't wait for SKC to officially end our season by dropping 6 on us on Sunday.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Oh hey, a Rapids match I can actually watch live...well, that is certainly a lineup. Not happy with our CBs I take it.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 1, 2022

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

US International Jesus Ferreira, ladies and gentlemen!

Well this is pretty boring. Western Conference champions to out of the playoffs, what a letdown.

At least Rubio is good now, nice goal.

Looks like decent attendance for a dead rubber in a poo poo season.

Ahahahaha, camera cuts to a fan after a foul, announcer says "eyyyyyyy, language please!" And that's a nice sendoff for Drew Moor, enjoy your retirement.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 1, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Philly can't play on turf for poo poo

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
enjoying Cinci (0) - Chicago (3)

no, I don’t have any idea what’s going on

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
now that I have hosed up and posted about it, this will end up 3-3

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

paddyboat posted:

now that I have hosed up and posted about it, this will end up 3-3

You alllllllllllllllmost jinxed it there

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

whypick1 posted:

You alllllllllllllllmost jinxed it there

the last touch goal would have been :discourse:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, at least Austin doesn't have to go to the northwest for the rest of the year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol Portland (he says before watching his team's season about to end)

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Gareth Bale leads LAFC to a trophy

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Decision day is shaping up real well

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Petition to have all of the other Sounders donate their game checks to Frei for keeping them alive.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

First Seattle SOG at 69'. Not nice.

Also the reason they're not going to the playoffs.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I didn't see much of that game, but what little I did see was the exact same garbage from Seattle that they've been doing all year.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

if you had told me back in April after that awful start that My Bad Team would literally only have to win their last game, no scoreboard watching necessary, to sneak into the playoffs again...

...I would probably have just asked what drugs you were on and yet, here we are with the stars aligned precisely thus

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With Columbus’ draw against Charlotte, it’s winner-take-all on Sunday against OCSC.

e: actually, if they draw and Cincinnati lose, the Crew and Lions both get in. That would not be fun for Cincy.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 6, 2022

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Orlando getting their rear end beat

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

G-Hawk posted:

Orlando getting their rear end beat

Good I’m glad

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

Edward Mass posted:

e: actually, if they draw and Cincinnati lose, the Crew and Lions both get in. That would not be fun for Cincy.

It would be quite funny though

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Absolute funniest would be Orlando winning though because of this

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Here's a Decision Day rooting guide for you all. It is 100% factual and should be the entire basis of your life...for 4-ish hours tomorrow:

Eastern Conference - 2:30PM EST
Columbus @ Orlando (FS1) - Orlando, see previous post.
NYCFC @ Atlanta - NYCFC if you want to see Josef Martinez lose his poo poo
Montreal @ Miami - Miami. I'm rooting against Montreal until they change their name back to the Impact and you should too.
New England @ Chicago - Chicago. I want to see maximum Grumpy Bruce Arena.
Cincinatti @ DC - Cincy. They've suffered long enough (it's also rather novel that they're playing against the Wooden Shield winner for a change).
Charlotte @ NYRB - :shrug:
Toronto @ Philadelphia - I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto forfeited this match just so Montreal can't get the #1 seed.

Western Conference - 5PM EST
Portland @ RSL (ESPN2) - RSL. gently caress Merritt Paulson. gently caress Gavin Wilkinson. gently caress Mike Golub. gently caress those guys 2...nah, make it 3 more times. And lastly, gently caress the Timbers.
Colorado @ Austin - :shrug:
Kansas City @ Dallas - Dallas. gently caress KC (but less than the above folks by an order of magnitude)
LA Galaxy @ Houston - :shrug:
Nashville @ LAFC - LAFC already got the Shield, so rooting against them just feels empty at this point.
Vancouver @ Minnesota - Minnesota. Because if they and RSL win, everyone's dream of a Cascadia-free playoffs will be fulfilled (even though I have no clue how Adrian Heath still has a job).
San Jose @ Seattle - I already know you all are rooting against Seattle, so I really don't need to type anything here but I will anyway.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Philly, Montreal and Cincy already on the board after 6'.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If Cincy fucks up a 4-1 lead against the Wooden Spoon winners and get themselves knocked out of the playoffs because of it they deserve it.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Here's a Decision Day rooting guide for you all. It is 100% factual and should be the entire basis of your life...for 4-ish hours tomorrow:

Eastern Conference - 2:30PM EST

Toronto @ Philadelphia - I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto forfeited this match just so Montreal can't get the #1 seed.

Insigne and Criscito both aren't playing today so, um, pretty much?

Montreal are up 3 on Miami anyway but all they'll get out of it is...a record for road wins in a season, if I'm not misunderstanding the TSN crew anyway.

Columbus are up in Orlando at halftime but we all know about Columbus and leads.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you're a fan of goals you really should be watching DC-Cincy. 5-2 now.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Columbus are up in Orlando at halftime but we all know about Columbus and leads.

I have a feeling Orlando's incompetence around the 18 might be a stronger force than Columbus' inability to hold a result. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

3-0 Philly now

4-0 my bad