Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Does Georgia Tech still run the triple option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Does Georgia Tech still run the triple option?

no, Tech runs "nondescript pro-style thing but with 2-star talent." Geeeooooff brought in Chip Long as OC and Jim Chaney as analyst to spice things up this season but alas, it is not 2018.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

no, Tech runs "nondescript pro-style thing but with 2-star talent." Geeeooooff brought in Chip Long to spice things up but alas, it is not 2018.

Boooooooooooooo

Hissssssss

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah the triple option was a Johnson thing, right? Not so much an institutional GT thing?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah the triple option was a Johnson thing, right? Not so much an institutional GT thing?

Correct.

Remember, the coach before Paul Johnson was Chan Gailey, as NFL offense brain as you can get. It's not like Georgia Southern where coaches must abide by the triple option or be run out of town. In other news, Clay Helton is the new head coach of Georgia Southern.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It would’ve been really funny if Calvin Johnson was playing on a triple option team, as if he didn’t suffer enough with Reggie Ball throwing to him.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

It would’ve been really funny if Calvin Johnson was playing on a triple option team, as if he didn’t suffer enough with Reggie Ball throwing to him.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hokies are not good. Should have won in Hampton, but blew it again like last year late. At least Dax and the D line looked improved. There seems to be only a single P5 player on offense and his name is Keshawn King. Gonna be a long year.

Vols will be fun, the defense still feels not good enough to really make waves, but if Hooker can efficiently score all the time it might not matter. Should be a fun one in Rocky Top.

LOL FSU/LSU.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Did Brian Kelly blame his players for the loss last night? I must have deleted game day final season pass from my DVR and the espn YouTube highlights I watched inexplicably ended after the review before the last play of the game.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Did Brian Kelly blame his players for the loss last night? I must have deleted game day final season pass from my DVR and the espn YouTube highlights I watched inexplicably ended after the review before the last play of the game.

Lol at halftime he was like "I don't think we can play worse than that - I mean, I dunno, it's my first game, maybe we can." So I'm sure he's blaming the players, the other coaches, the cheerleaders, the band...

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Kelly is in mid-season form:

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Nowak/status/1566645372172337152?s=20&t=gun7ub47F8lNDsTiI7xaSw

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just watched highlights of LSU/FSU :aaaaa:

Crazy how the blocked XP still had a chance of going in (it hit off the crossbar). That would've been the craziest thing ever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spencer Hall's description in Fullcast After Dark of a good coach vs. a bad coach is absolutely perfect.

Billy Napier: Hmmm, these in-game developments are very interesting sets of data that I can use to adjust my gameplan

Brian Kelly: WHY HAVE YOU MORTALS DEFILED MY MASTERPIECE????? I WILL SCREAM AT YOU UNTIL YOU EXECUTE EXACTLY AS I SAW IT IN MY DREAMS

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Godzilla07 posted:

Kelly is in mid-season form:

The field goal crew is happy Nabers was there to take the blame, because whew.

Field goal blocking is entirely Kelly or his coaches fault for messing up how it's taught in my mind, and they got run the hell over twice on short kicks. A blocked kick is one thing, two of them and one of them an extra point?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FSU beat LSU so bad people are quitting the team.

https://twitter.com/trapsquiat/status/1566789577444139011?s=21&t=2YXIa6789Fmki6AfI569Sg

e: this is a fake post! damnit

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 5, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Brian Kelly has a track record of winning, so it's still way too early to reach any real conclusions on the matter. But it would be very sad for LSU fans if they missed out on Billy Napier simply because of the administration's big brother / little brother conceits about ULM.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That is funny but it is not Brett McMurphy by the way.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I mean Boutte was absolute rear end that game

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

loving :lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

That is funny but it is not Brett McMurphy by the way.

Ah, they got me. Good one though

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

edit: ah drat

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Ah, well, nevertheless

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MayfieldQB1/status/1566126168578920448

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Kentucky's RB1, Chris Rodriguez, is still off the roster for week 2. Seems like there's something serious going on behind the scenes if Stoops is repeating his line that he has been advised not to comment?
The team has said the same thing about 1 other player.

In the past, if UK players got in legal trouble, (or got knocked the gently caress out by a rival player because they decided to fight an entire team on their own campus in the case of Drew Barker), it was reported pretty quickly.

It's really weird to have something with a UK football sound pretty serious and also be kept this secret imo.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky went from a deep RB room to a thin one real quick. Two injuries against Miami and still no Chris Rodriguez on the depth chart. That leaves essentially two backs heading into the Swamp. Not ideal. They do have a fullback they can employ, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some Deebo Samuel-like WR runs with the OC coming from the 49ers.

Levis and the receivers looked drat good though. Just need to clean up some missed blocks on the O line to give him more time.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Kayshon and and Malik Nabers both wiped their IG accounts from anything to do with LSU

https://twitter.com/harrison954_/status/1566637462553628672?s=21&t=NdpK44Gc0QPdsnXhTegemw

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

D.N. Nation posted:

A little difficult to weigh the UGA game yesterday because Bo Nix is fully entrenched in the Reggie Ball Memorial Pantheon of Dudes Owned by Georgia
Man you need a trigger warning with that, I just got a flashback of passes thrown 10 feet over Calvin Johnson’s head.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah, Paul Johnson ran the triple option at Navy and brought it to GT.

At the spring practice after he left, the offense lined up for the triple option, then changed formation to a more normal offense with wideouts and all, and the crowd cheered.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

...and they've won 9 games since.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

And tonight ain’t going to be number 10.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

LSU is the most feast or famine team past, present, & future

downout
Jul 6, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

"well MLAYYKSHUALLY it was a squib kick (ed: that they hosed up)" was Frost's postgame explanation while sniping at the fans. Which, with your job in the balance, is a choice.

I'm glad Wet Leg played a breezy set last night so I could get home in time to watch that FSU/LSU clownball. Perfection.

:lmao: :lol: Cuz he already knew ppl would be thinking wtf.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

important to note: Nebraska was playing North Dakota, not North Dakota State, if they were playing North Dakota State they would have lost by 20

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LLCoolJD posted:

Brian Kelly has a track record of winning, so it's still way too early to reach any real conclusions on the matter. But it would be very sad for LSU fans if they missed out on Billy Napier simply because of the administration's big brother / little brother conceits about ULM.

It wasn’t specifically because he was the coach at ULM, he simply wasn’t viewed as a big enough name. LSU boosters and the AD wanted a big name, that’s specifically why Woodward was the guy they hired. Kelly is a big name poached from a big name school. As long as he wasn’t at a P5 school Napier wasn’t getting a fair look.

I don’t know how things will turn out but I expect that if he survives that next couple of down years that Kelly will make LSU consistently good but rarely great. But the team is pretty hosed after back to back years of questionable coaching and massive talent attrition.

Blue Raider posted:

LSU is the most feast or famine team past, present, & future

The feast in 2019 was pretty loving good. I can dine out on that one for quite a while.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Billy Napier coached at Louisiana, not ULM.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

please do not dignify UL-Lafayette's ridiculous desire to simply be called "Louisiana", they are and forever will be UL-Lafayette

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

please do not dignify UL-Lafayette's ridiculous desire to simply be called "Louisiana", they are and forever will be UL-Lafayette

I don’t know a single person in the state who calls them anything other than ULL.

Edward Mass posted:

Billy Napier coached at Louisiana, not ULM.

True, as bad as Lafayette is, it’s deeply unfair to mistake it for Monroe.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
ULaLa was always the best way to refer to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

guys help I'm getting ideas that Texas can beat Bama