Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

downout posted:

here it is, timestamp like 4:13. Stround only gets a 5/10 on this effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TimnEbOz_zo&t=252s

didn't get the pancake, his guy made the tackle. I give it a 4/10 on effort, a 2/10 on execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

didn't get the pancake, his guy made the tackle. I give it a 4/10 on effort, a 2/10 on execution.

The effort got an extra 3 yards out of the play, maybe more.

Day probably doesn't even want his QBs out there doing stuff like this. From a numbers POV if the star QB goes down due to injury blocking for the run, then the team's season might be shot.

But I'm a big fan of initiative, and this looks like it.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
A local sportswriter claimed on the radio today that Frost has to get to 8 wins to keep his job, which is impossible. He'd have to win all of Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota.

He'd also have to win two of Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

Frost has never won three games in a row at Nebraska.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

There’s a real good “British royal conference realignment” joke out there it be made, but I can’t make it work.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Charles III moves up slightly in my power rankings. Could have moved up to #2 with a regnal name change, but goes from #4 to #3 all the time same. Did you really want to be a Charles in the potential face of upheaval in the Commonwealth? Things ended poorly for the last odd numbered Charles.

William is the new #1, from #2.

Elizabeth II stays firmly at #3 all time, behind Elizabeth and Victoria.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

We had nearly hit the 65th anniversary of the Queen taking in a Maryland-UNC game.

quote:

THE QUEEN IN NEW YORK TO-DAY

The Times
October 21, 1957

MYSTERIES OF FOOTBALL

A huge cheer from some 43,000 people greeted their arrival at the Maryland ground, where, seated between the two state Governors, the Queen was initiated into the mysteries of American football. She and the Duke of Edinburgh sometimes looked a little puzzled as the helmeted, padded young giants hurled themselves into tackles from which the ball rarely seemed to emerge; but there was all the colour of counter-marching bands, the prancing drum majorettes in their attenuated uniforms, and the contortions of the cheer leaders, whose purpose apparently is to whip the rival supporters into a suitable state of frenzy. At one moment a huge Union Jack was formed by a solid bank of spectators across the ground from the royal box. A chilly wind blew and the Queen, who arrived in a rose ensemble, soon put on a full-length $15,000 mink coat presented to her last week by an American mink breeders' association.

Other gifts were presented during the match, including old Indian arrows from Maryland and Oklahoma and footballs for the royal children containing musical boxes which play the Maryland and North Carolina state songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HRPqxmwxqA

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sash! posted:

Charles III moves up slightly in my power rankings. Could have moved up to #2 with a regnal name change, but goes from #4 to #3 all the time same. Did you really want to be a Charles in the potential face of upheaval in the Commonwealth? Things ended poorly for the last odd numbered Charles.

CHARLES AIN’T PLAYED NOBODY PAWL

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

We had nearly hit the 65th anniversary of the Queen taking in a Maryland-UNC game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HRPqxmwxqA

How many years since the Angels Mariners game?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Spacemonkey57 posted:

How many years since the Angels Mariners game?

1988, so 34.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sash! posted:

Harry and Meghan going independent was the first time it turned out better than staying in the conference.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

A local sportswriter claimed on the radio today that Frost has to get to 8 wins to keep his job, which is impossible. He'd have to win all of Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, and Minnesota.

He'd also have to win two of Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

Frost has never won three games in a row at Nebraska.

My $0.02 - Nebraska is going to struggle hard with GA Southern running the triple option this weekend. Our DL is bad and Frost's teams haven't played smart football. There's going to be a lot of blown assignments for big gains.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dango Bango posted:

My $0.02 - Nebraska is going to struggle hard with GA Southern running the triple option this weekend. Our DL is bad and Frost's teams haven't played smart football. There's going to be a lot of blown assignments for big gains.

Oh man it would be great to see Nebraska get destroyed by an option team.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Dango Bango posted:

They're the death of coaches.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Barrett Sallee was capable of a good take once?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

Barrett Sallee was capable of a good take once?

I mean that take is walking over a bar buried 6 feet deep

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Barrett Sallee is an extremely awful piece of poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dango Bango posted:

Is Southern running the option under Helton?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

General Dog posted:

Is Southern running the option under Helton?

Nope. They're doing a more traditional style offense.

It'll remain to be seen if it sticks. Chris Hatcher wanted to put in something more modern when he was hired at Georgia Southern, but was run out of town when he didn't immediately succeed. If Georgia Southern wants to recruit on any level, they've got to change. Very few high schools in the state run an option, be it a full-on tradition option or the Wing T. Those who do run those offenses usually do so because they're small schools without the depth (or staff) to compete any other way.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chieves posted:

Harry and Meghan going independent was the first time it turned out better than staying in the conference.

An American actress in the Royal Family is a worse fit than Rutgers in the Big Ten

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there is a college game going on right now

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1568048509215023107

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Didn't take it to the house. 4/10

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Nope. They're doing a more traditional style offense.

It'll remain to be seen if it sticks. Chris Hatcher wanted to put in something more modern when he was hired at Georgia Southern, but was run out of town when he didn't immediately succeed. If Georgia Southern wants to recruit on any level, they've got to change. Very few high schools in the state run an option, be it a full-on tradition option or the Wing T. Those who do run those offenses usually do so because they're small schools without the depth (or staff) to compete any other way.

Well poo poo. I remember them being ride or die with the option because of tradition. And the first article I saw backed this up (but in hindsight might have been outdated).

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Surprisingly quick for a big dude.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Apparently former TCU QB and Mizzou safety Shawn Robinson is now playing LB for Kansas State? Weird positional trajectory

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

StingTalk having a real one

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Which one of those is Pakled?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Is Georgia Tech getting hurt by academic requirements at all, or do they just not care about football that much?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Is Georgia Tech getting hurt by academic requirements at all, or do they just not care about football that much?

Anyone have the pic of the GT student sitting in an empty section at a football game with a stack of books and a laptop handy?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Yes.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

StingTalk having a real one

I'm glad that after all these years the Gruden Dream is still alive somewhere.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

at just over 6' and just under 300lbs, I think his ultimate destination is going to be DT/NT where you can use that lower leverage well. It seems like he's trying to make the transition via not going state-side, so that's interesting. I bet he could walk-on somewhere fairly easily, though, if his grades are good enough to land an international scholarship.

I don't think I'd consider it to be a super long training and transition phase, plus it won't hurt to get some practice and training in a country you can live in visa-free in a language you understand natively before crossing for a 16+ hour time difference and a completely foreign language and culture. I get it, I did the opposite :v: will have to keep my ears open to see if he does try and come over before spring/summer camps next year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Apparently every single GT major requires calculus which I guess is a hard sell

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Apparently every single GT major requires calculus which I guess is a hard sell

Calculus 1, or all of them?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

Anyone have the pic of the GT student sitting in an empty section at a football game with a stack of books and a laptop handy?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

going to my first northwestern game since 2019, I'll be there with my friends and their two small children who are going to melt down within 25 minutes tops of football, seems about right.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Madisonians, I know there's not gonna be a Mizzou bar, but are there any good spots to catch college football that aren't just going to be showing Badger games? I'd like to drunkenly yell at a TV and maybe see another Mizzou alum there

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
happy El Assico eve everyone!

https://twitter.com/IC_ActivityLog/status/1568301385006866440

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

that makes them cool and good imo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why are Iowa fans trying to make me like Iowa State?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thank you for your service. Lol