Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
More like Emo Benjamin. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Guess the cards said Eno is enough.

Edit: Oh cool Goedert is out. Guess I don't have a TE to spare after all!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 15, 2022

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna keep losing until things change around here!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

:same:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Same here but you can cut it off after the word "losing."

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Well we can't all keep losing, but I'm going to start losing again I reckon.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Look ma I'm a playoff team!*

*if I win this week. So in a way it's kind of like the playoffs start for me this week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Man, it seems like I'm in a lot of complicated playoff scenarios everywhere this year.

If I win, I'm in. Bellcow and Waleed's are the closest and both a game behind.

if I lose, I can still make it if Unreal Team and Average Joe's win their matchups against *drum roll* Bellcow and Waleed's. Currently, both Unreal and Joe's are projected to win. Not that that means anything in fantasy.

If both Waleed's World Class Team and Needs More Bellcow win and I lose, that results not in a 3-way tie at 7-7, but a 5-way, 7-7 tie as both of their opponents this week have 7-6 records. This could be as high as a 6-way 7-7 tie if team Badie loses to Dance Commander, which is currently projected to happen. I don't even care to sort it from there because apparently the tiebreaker in this league is head-to-head matchups and to hell with digging through all of that.

If I'm doing this right, in a six-way 7-7 tie scenario, the team with the most wins against common opponents is *drum roll* 3-Headed Chark Attack, with 4. That's my team, which is also dead last in PF. :holymoley:

Waleed's has four losses against everyone else in that tie. Needs More Bellcow, Unreal Team and Average Joe's could tie for 4 with wins of their own this week. I'm assuming from there it goes to win % but have no clue.

Fantasy Football: How in the hell is this all happening! :wtc:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 8, 2022

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I don't think the playoff seeding tiebreaker is head to head record, I think it is most points. Where it says "playoff tiebreaker, best regular season record" that refers to what happens if a playoff matchup is tied. (More important in leagues without fractional scoring, and much more important in fantasy baseball). The other option is just that the higher seed moves on.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I don't think the playoff seeding tiebreaker is head to head record, I think it is most points. Where it says "playoff tiebreaker, best regular season record" that refers to what happens if a playoff matchup is tied. (More important in leagues without fractional scoring, and much more important in fantasy baseball). The other option is just that the higher seed moves on.

That's boring and makes me sad. :(

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Quiet Feet posted:

That's boring and makes me sad. :(

H2H should only be a factor in games where you have the same people in a league for multiple years and there are divisions.

I just know it has taken every ounce of skill I have to be in playoff contention. The only players I've had who have not missed half their games or more were Russell Wilson, Saquon Barkley, and Chris Olave. And I cut Wilson pretty loving quickly.

This has been a fun league and I do not expect to make the playoffs.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Sataere posted:

This has been a fun league and I do not expect to make the playoffs.

Ditto on that. :)

Despite the crazy rear end season, I’m still glad we made this happen with such a short turnaround.

Good luck to everyone this weekend vying for the last playoff spots. :cheers:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I just hope you've all accepted the one true form of fantasy football- auction!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I just hope you've all accepted the one true form of fantasy football- auction!

Lol. I literally only joined this league because I wanted to do another auction draft. :shepspends:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just a quick note: Roster lock for non-playoff teams will be going into effect after games this week.

And congrats to spacejung and coronaball for already having locked up playoff spots. Been that way for a couple of weeks now, but taking the opportunity now to say kudos. :)

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

generic one posted:

Just a quick note: Roster lock for non-playoff teams will be going into effect after games this week.

And congrats to spacejung and coronaball for already having locked up playoff spots. Been that way for a couple of weeks now, but taking the opportunity now to say kudos. :)

It's a bit nerve wracking to have so much luck early in the season for a change, we'll see if it pays off! Good luck to all working to make the cutoff today.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

I don't think the change you made locks the people in the consolation bracket from add/drops, if that's what you were trying to do. I think you have to do it manually. I believe what you did just locks people who lose their playoff game ( or consolation game) from add/drops.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

coronaball posted:

I don't think the change you made locks the people in the consolation bracket from add/drops, if that's what you were trying to do. I think you have to do it manually. I believe what you did just locks people who lose their playoff game ( or consolation game) from add/drops.

Yeah, I think you’re right. Is that what you’ve had to do in the past in our other league that you run?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

Yeah, I think you’re right. Is that what you’ve had to do in the past in our other league that you run?

The times that I remember to do so, yeah. 😀

I set a reminder in Outlook this time!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Hey, congrats and good luck to:

coronaball
spacejung
Drunk Nerds
freeman
Quiet Feet
The Big Jesus

coronaball gets the $25 price for most regular season points. Due to the nature of LeagueSafe, you’ll get the payout at the same time as all the other disbursements.

The rest of yous: I’ll see ya in the consolation bracket. Teams are now locked.

If anyone has any issues, hit me up. The only team that may have a problem setting a lineup is Sataere since you’ve got a couple of dudes who may be coming off IR. If you need to drop someone, you know where to find me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gonna lose not because my opponent was insurmountable this week but because of my idiot tinkering. Oh well!

Edit: the Fantasy Gods made me win because now I look like a whiner. :mad:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 20, 2022

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Congrats to Quiet Feet and The Big Jesus for advancing. Good luck to you two and spacejung and coronaball in the semis this week. One step closer! :black101:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

generic one posted:

Congrats to Quiet Feet and The Big Jesus for advancing. Good luck to you two and spacejung and coronaball in the semis this week. One step closer! :black101:

Nice win, Quiet Feet! poo poo I hope I can get my entry fee back next week..

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Nice win, Quiet Feet! poo poo I hope I can get my entry fee back next week..

:yeah: thanks!

Well, you could have been a shoo-in
but you didn't pay attention to what you were doin'
And no one here can do it as good as me

Yeah, it was a clusterfuck.

Watch now Dillon gets injured/fumbles on a handoff first play of the game and the Bolts get a pick six , fumble six, and return TD on Monday.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Not lookin great for me… but maybe!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Watch now Dillon gets injured/fumbles on a handoff first play of the game and the Bolts get a pick six , fumble six, and return TD on Monday.

Well fortunately I didn't start the Chargers, started the Broncos instead; which as of Saturday morning I had planned to do even in a hypothetical winnable matchup. Nice!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just a quick note on payouts, since we’re only a couple of days out: Unless there’s a matchup that’s in correction territory, I’ll set the payouts on LeagueSafe Tuesday AM. For folks who haven’t used this payment platform before, you’ll get an email notification that your vote is required to sign off on disbursements. Once we hit a majority, funds will be credited to the appropriate managers wallets on LeagueSafe. You’ll have the option to get the payout in a couple of different ways (ACH or virtual check).

Please be prompt with your votes, so the winners can get to spending their hard earned cash.

Good luck this week, y’all. :cheers:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Feels wrong to bench my Eagles D for KC but man, that Broncos team has completely quit and they're going with a totally new play caller today.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

My theory on dropping Gabe Davis was that I would never start him over my 3 starting WR or even Cooper, and he might be a Trojan horse for one of my playoff opponents. Looks like we're putting that theory to the test!

If it hadn't hosed up my RB choices so badly this would be more like a 75/25 deal instead of a coin flip. Oh well.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I didn't like Gabe Davis to start the season and only felt a little foolish after that 30-point outburst he had a while back. On the other hand, I thought Isaiah McKenzie was going to be a consistent 10-12 point flex play this year so shows what I know. Looks like I'm depending one one of them tonight though so, ulp!

I'm just aggravated that the Jags scored 31 on the Texans and Lawrence got almost none of it.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Probably goes without saying, but given the circumstances, we’re gonna be in a bit of a holding pattern here till we get more info on how the league is going to handle the situation.

Also, gonna take this opportunity to plug Damar’s charity drive.

https://twitter.com/marcus_mosher/status/1610318098833211398?s=46&t=CyIkbMgHbIFkS-3pkb0qCA

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
coronaball and Quiet Feet, it looks like Yahoo sent out an email stating that they're basically waiting on a decision from the NFL as to whether or not the game will be rescheduled. Your match is pretty close, so I'd be inclined to defer to y'all on what you wanna do here. I'm not in any rush, but I would totally understand if folks are getting antsy.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I see two separate issues:

1. Money: Whatever I get, I will be sending to the Cincinatti Children's hospital. If Quiet Feet agrees, we can just chop the sum of the 1st/ 2nd payouts 50/50 and he can pick a similar charity in Buffalo or his hometown. (I'm aware of Hamlin's GoFundMe, but they likely have more money than they know what to do with at this point)

2. Championship: If the game is cancelled or called as-is, I win. If we go by Davis' pre-game projection, I win (by .04, if I did the math right!). And if it resumes in a Week 19, then we score Davis' points and see how it shakes out.

I think the NFL will have to come to a conclusion today or tomorrow, but those are my thoughts for now.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I think the only fair solution is to give all the money to the last place team instead.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1611183321588924416?s=46&t=t-S01Fzam3-UnzDvujzhWg

Alright, folks. That’s a wrap. Here’s where we’re at:

spacejung and The Big Jesus, I’d be inclined to call the game for spacejung. That lead is pretty pretty big. Would y’all agree?

coronaball and Quiet Feet, this one’s a little tougher. Gabe Davis could have made up the difference there. I’d be inclined to go with a 50/50 split of 250, so… $125 each. I’d like y’all to weigh in here, I’m not sure if you’ve already been chatting, so this is the chance to get some feedback in.

If the two pairs of managers can’t come to an agreement, we’ll go to a league vote. Said vote will hopefully be completed in-thread, but I’ll reach out to folks via DM if I have to.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

generic one posted:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1611183321588924416?s=46&t=t-S01Fzam3-UnzDvujzhWg

Alright, folks. That’s a wrap. Here’s where we’re at:

spacejung and The Big Jesus, I’d be inclined to call the game for spacejung. That lead is pretty pretty big. Would y’all agree?

coronaball and Quiet Feet, this one’s a little tougher. Gabe Davis could have made up the difference there. I’d be inclined to go with a 50/50 split of 250, so… $125 each. I’d like y’all to weigh in here, I’m not sure if you’ve already been chatting, so this is the chance to get some feedback in.

If the two pairs of managers can’t come to an agreement, we’ll go to a league vote. Said vote will hopefully be completed in-thread, but I’ll reach out to folks via DM if I have to.

Yeah that’s fine with me. poo poo way to end the season but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. If only diggs didn’t suck down the stretch… looking forward to auctioning again next year!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

50/50 is fine with me, that's exactly where we were before the Bills game started anyway.

I know in my bones that Davis had one of his 2 catches for 19 yards and 0 TDs games ahead of him though. 😀

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah that works for me. I've had a rough couple of days and don't think I have the leftover brainpower to think about it.

And Gabe was gonna get 1/6 for 66 yards and a TD

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Easy enough.

I’m gonna go ahead and set the payouts on LeagueSafe, so be on the lookout for the email notice asking for your approval.

Payments will be:

$150 to coronaball ($25 for most regular season points + the 1st and 2nd place split)
$125 to Quiet Feet
$25 to spacejung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

generic one posted:

Easy enough.

I’m gonna go ahead and set the payouts on LeagueSafe, so be on the lookout for the email notice asking for your approval.

Payments will be:

$150 to coronaball ($25 for most regular season points + the 1st and 2nd place split)
$125 to Quiet Feet
$25 to spacejung

Well played everyone, and congrats to corona and QF