Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Snowmankilla posted:

Ok! Thanks. I’ll read up. The waiver money is for all year, correct? So if I spend it all week one that’s it for me?

Yup!

You have to weight how much you think other teams are gonna bid. For instance, some 3rd string RB might go for a few bucks if the guys ahead of him are banged up. But if some lunatic drops like Javonte Williams after a bad game you might actually want to bid most or all of your budget on him if you need RB help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Any word from Kalensc? Cutting it kind of close.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Please don't melt, west coast goons. :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I live for serious competition: I'll regularly call my opponent Sunday morning and say "hey you're starting a player who just got declared out, I don't want you to take a zero there." I want my opponents in this league to have a step up from the start.

See, I have the opposite philosophy on this. If a manager can't be bothered to check their lineup then that is the level of competition they're offering and I'm gonna take it.

quote:

I also want to share the joy of salary cap drafting with as many people as possible.

Auction is good. The only draft I'd rather do snake in is the goon 20-team league because that already takes as long as a 12-team auction draft.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I liked how this draft turned out. After my beer league auction on the 14th went off a bit wonky, I went back to my previous strategy that's worked mostly well over the years and I like this team better than that one. Also helps that I had that prior draft to get a rough idea how players were being valued. Makes me think I'm on the right track for the season when a lot of the guys I've been eyeing keep getting bid up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Perhaps I should have talked more and I would have a starting WR. Or I should have ignored you and I would have a backup TE with Kittle seemingly out.

It was super fun and I hope I can flail around next year as well.

You could always trade for a TE with someone who has two startable ones. *cough*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Ha. Not sure Jones is worth a te right now?

I mean, that's an RB and a TE?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

generic one posted:

mega dy sorry I didn’t give you a heads up about Kamara. West Coast here, so I was really just getting up around the time the game started.

FWIW, I see Kamara in the starting lineup for teams in a couple of other leagues I’m in. Think folks just kinda forgot about the early game.

Not really your job to monitor people's rosters. Looks like that one caught everyone by surprise too in any case. Goon Beer League had a guy put up 155 with Kamara in an RB slot. He likely would've been in the lead for the most points in a single game prize if he'd had anyone else there.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm personally hoping Reynolds doesn't play because I'm ready to rock out with my Hock out.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm glad Davante and Carlson went off because it means no matter my choices it wouldn't have mattered, and thus I am blameless.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

Bold trade offer from Spacejung. His Dalvin Cook on bye for my D'Andre Swift. :v:

I love the team name

It could be awesome yeah, lets take a chance.

Because you never know, you never know, you never know until you go.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

As someone who is currently 3-3 and likely looking at 3-4 after this week, and who is a big proponent of spending your FAAB since you cant take it home with you, what in the absolute gently caress?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Chaos status: embraced

Yep. And he's still gonna beat me because I thought the Saints could put up a ton of points on the Cards and they did... but I guess there's no accounting for two pick sixes. :sigh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

Hate your team? Did you go budget on QB thinking there’s plenty of stat table guys?

I feel like I'm being called out

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Deebo and Hockenson both on the trading block.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hello, does anyone making a playoff push want a Deebo for a comparable WR I could actually play this week?

Edit: Taken!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 3, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So exactly what time do trades get processed? Me and Bellcow have one in the works and it says it'll be done on November 6th but doesn't say what time. Part of the reason I did this one was so I'd have a better option in my Flex/WR spot this weekend.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thanks for the info.

Watch out league I'm coming for that last seed, 1st round playoff loss! :toot:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

generic one posted:

Waivers/trades haven’t processed.

https://twitter.com/yahoofantasycc/status/1589243177516441600?s=46&t=E3_LIMINbTYK5Tht554Ptg

Quiet Feet, if Yahoo doesn’t have these pushed through before game time, I can use commish powers to make things happen. Please let us know who you’d like to swap out for DJM. I’d like to get that in the books ahead of time, just in case.

And if there are any other transactions that warrant discussion, let me know.

Yeah I noticed this morning. First thought was that maybe they did it like ESPN and they didn't go through until a full 48 hours.

Thanks for keeping an eye on things. Plan was to drop Justice Hill and slot Moore into the flex.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Looking forward to Hockenson inexplicably putting up another 40-point game on my bench.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

So not insane for Jackson to have 36.92 pts…

poo poo I hope he gets more. Want him and Likely to combine for at least 3 TDs for other league reasons.

Also lol at me when DJ Moore put up less than Hock who I was worried about this week.

Edit: I'm just gonna enjoy what Derrick henry is doing this week.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 7, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I just gotta say

LOL

LMAO

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I uh, don't think there was a winner in that DJ Moore for Deebo trade.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shame about Zach Ertz too. I paid $4 to draft him in Goon Beer League and that's seriously good value for a TE. Oh well, I have both Goedert and Hock here. Kind of a waste. Not like I need two TEs. *cough*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Guess the cards said Eno is enough.

Edit: Oh cool Goedert is out. Guess I don't have a TE to spare after all!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 15, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm gonna keep losing until things change around here!

Same here but you can cut it off after the word "losing."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Look ma I'm a playoff team!*

*if I win this week. So in a way it's kind of like the playoffs start for me this week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Man, it seems like I'm in a lot of complicated playoff scenarios everywhere this year.

If I win, I'm in. Bellcow and Waleed's are the closest and both a game behind.

if I lose, I can still make it if Unreal Team and Average Joe's win their matchups against *drum roll* Bellcow and Waleed's. Currently, both Unreal and Joe's are projected to win. Not that that means anything in fantasy.

If both Waleed's World Class Team and Needs More Bellcow win and I lose, that results not in a 3-way tie at 7-7, but a 5-way, 7-7 tie as both of their opponents this week have 7-6 records. This could be as high as a 6-way 7-7 tie if team Badie loses to Dance Commander, which is currently projected to happen. I don't even care to sort it from there because apparently the tiebreaker in this league is head-to-head matchups and to hell with digging through all of that.

If I'm doing this right, in a six-way 7-7 tie scenario, the team with the most wins against common opponents is *drum roll* 3-Headed Chark Attack, with 4. That's my team, which is also dead last in PF. :holymoley:

Waleed's has four losses against everyone else in that tie. Needs More Bellcow, Unreal Team and Average Joe's could tie for 4 with wins of their own this week. I'm assuming from there it goes to win % but have no clue.

Fantasy Football: How in the hell is this all happening! :wtc:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 8, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I don't think the playoff seeding tiebreaker is head to head record, I think it is most points. Where it says "playoff tiebreaker, best regular season record" that refers to what happens if a playoff matchup is tied. (More important in leagues without fractional scoring, and much more important in fantasy baseball). The other option is just that the higher seed moves on.

That's boring and makes me sad. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

I just hope you've all accepted the one true form of fantasy football- auction!

Lol. I literally only joined this league because I wanted to do another auction draft. :shepspends:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Gonna lose not because my opponent was insurmountable this week but because of my idiot tinkering. Oh well!

Edit: the Fantasy Gods made me win because now I look like a whiner. :mad:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 20, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Nice win, Quiet Feet! poo poo I hope I can get my entry fee back next week..

:yeah: thanks!

Well, you could have been a shoo-in
but you didn't pay attention to what you were doin'
And no one here can do it as good as me

Yeah, it was a clusterfuck.

Watch now Dillon gets injured/fumbles on a handoff first play of the game and the Bolts get a pick six , fumble six, and return TD on Monday.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Feels wrong to bench my Eagles D for KC but man, that Broncos team has completely quit and they're going with a totally new play caller today.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I didn't like Gabe Davis to start the season and only felt a little foolish after that 30-point outburst he had a while back. On the other hand, I thought Isaiah McKenzie was going to be a consistent 10-12 point flex play this year so shows what I know. Looks like I'm depending one one of them tonight though so, ulp!

I'm just aggravated that the Jags scored 31 on the Texans and Lawrence got almost none of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah that works for me. I've had a rough couple of days and don't think I have the leftover brainpower to think about it.

And Gabe was gonna get 1/6 for 66 yards and a TD