Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I’m Ben. But my username is not.

Also can someone explain to me like I’m dumb how waivers work? Do I get more money? Should I save some of my $200. I am new to salary cap and am going yo be horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

generic one posted:

The 200 is separate from the in-season FAB, so spend away on Tuesday! Once we get into the season, everyone gets a fresh set of bucks to spend on waivers.

Make sure to check out some of our fellow co-managers work over at Football Absurdity, they do great stuff for auction leagues! :)

Ok! Thanks. I’ll read up. The waiver money is for all year, correct? So if I spend it all week one that’s it for me?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That’s for the amazing advice drunk nerds!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

A bit nervous that I am reading all my advice from a person in the league I believe. Probably not a good sign that I have been a football absurdity/Beer sheets guy for years?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Sataere posted:

It is bad business for us to run a fantasy football website and give bad advice just to try winning a $25 league. Evan's BBQ strategies for auction drafts is the best auction advice available. This year, we've had a huge influx of auction guys coming into our discord thanking us because there is no good auction advice on the internet. Our goal is to grow auction drafts in the fantasy football community because snake drafts are dumb and boring.

Haha. I don’t think I’m getting hustled. I just read things like the bbq strat and realized all 12 of us probably can’t make that happen!

I am pumped to try a big boy draft!

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 6, 2022

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Well. I hate my WR and could have fixed that with better foresight. Overall fun draft and I learned a bunch. Thanks for being helpful!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Drunk Nerds posted:

This was a blast to stream, thanks so much. I hope we gave enough advice: My one regret is that I didn't emphasize that if you jump in voice chat we will deduce whatever strategy you are going for and help you maximize that plan.

Perhaps I should have talked more and I would have a starting WR. Or I should have ignored you and I would have a backup TE with Kittle seemingly out.

It was super fun and I hope I can flail around next year as well.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ha. Not sure Jones is worth a te right now?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Quiet Feet posted:

I mean, that's an RB and a TE?

You make a valid point.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

generic one posted:

Lost that week.

Won this week.

Guess my team aims to please. :confuoot:

SnowmanKilla, you should call for a tie, let’s see if this theory holds any weight.

I want to say I’ll beat you by 30.

But needs more bellcow, we have to tie this week!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So not insane for Jackson to have 36.92 pts…

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I was thinking of a tie to keep the thread magic alive.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

What’s the email from? I have not seen it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That worked! Thanks!