Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
And away we go!

League Deets:

• Format: 12 Team, Salary Cap (Auction), Yahoo
  • Rosters: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST, 1K, 6BN, 2IR
  • Scoring: .5 PPR, Yahoo default for everything else
  • Waivers: FAB with Continual rolling list tiebreak
  • Playoffs: 6 teams, Weeks 15, 16, & 17
  • Dues: $25, via LeagueSafe (link on the Yahoo league message board)
  • Payouts: 175 for 1st, 75 for 2nd, 25 for 3rd, 25 for most regular season points scored.
  • Draft Date/Time: September 6th, 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern

Below is a list of who's who, and whether or not they've paid in. I'll update the table with team names on Thursday after the draft, and then once a week on Tuesdays going forward, so that y'all have an easy reference guide. Our 12th manager, kalensc, hasn't logged into Yahoo yet, but I'm hopeful that's coming soon so we don't have to grab an alternate. We officially have 12 teams (phew)!

NOTE: If you pay and your name isn't going to be an easy match for tracking, please hit me up via PM and whatnot. :)

One last item: I'm absolutely not committed to the league name. If y'all wanna spin up some punny/dad joke-tier ideas, list 'em here, and we can vote on 'em.

Edit: Removing discord info because draft is a wrap, and replacing it with a mantra for this season:

https://twitter.com/thefantasyeng/status/1567197680803188738?s=21&t=ShUju4uDVLMYljpL1WuVsA

generic one fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Snowmankilla posted:

I’m Ben. But my username is not.

Also can someone explain to me like I’m dumb how waivers work? Do I get more money? Should I save some of my $200. I am new to salary cap and am going yo be horrible.

The 200 is separate from the in-season FAB, so spend away on Tuesday! Once we get into the season, everyone gets a fresh set of bucks to spend on waivers.

Make sure to check out some of our fellow co-managers work over at Football Absurdity, they do great stuff for auction leagues! :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

- DO hop in the voice chat. Not sure if OP is making one or, if not, I can link one. There is so much more to discuss in a draft where everyone has a chance to get every player, it's always riotous.

If you wanna fire one up, I will edit it into the OP and will happily join. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I gave them until 5pm Pacific today. I’ve got another goon interested, so if kalensc hasn’t accepted by then, we’re going with the alternate.

generic one fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 6, 2022

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
kalensc has officially lost claim on the spot. I sent the alternate the go-ahead via PM, but I've also posted in the main FF thread, just in case that falls through, too.

If anyone knows someone who wants to jump in, let me know. I do know some non-SA degenerates who might jump on the opportunity.

We're still waiting for payments from three people: Saetare, mega dy, and The Big Jesus. Everyone needs to settle up prior to draft time.

Edit: I’ve got a non-SA guy from one of my dynasty leagues interested, so the last spot will be filled one way or another. He’s good people. Might be able to convince him to sign up for an account.

generic one fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 6, 2022

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've been in at least a dozen money leagues with Sataere and he always pays up. He just takes a while because he works a ton. If it comes down to it I'll front his entry fee

Totally get it, and thanks for the info. :)

The Big Jesus posted:

I’ll get my payment in the morning. Haven’t used that site before and have been on the road all weekend.

S’all good. The mobile version of that site is a little clunky, so might wanna give it a shot on a laptop or something. Lemme know if you run into any issues!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

coronaball posted:

Tomorrow will be the hottest day in the recorded history of Northern California, we'll see if I have electricity at 5 PM! 💀

Dare I ask how warm it’s gonna be?

And a quick update: We are officially full up, folks. I tagged in my acquaintance from a dynasty league, sent the invite last night, and they're signed up and paid in. I didn’t want to wait any longer than we already had. Scrambling on draft day is no fun.

generic one fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 6, 2022

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Snowmankilla posted:

A bit nervous that I am reading all my advice from a person in the league I believe. Probably not a good sign that I have been a football absurdity/Beer sheets guy for years?

I mean… I think it’s safe to say most folks who get into this format are familiar with Football Absurdity, and all of what Drunk Nerds posted is great advice. I think it’s an awesome opportunity to get to be in a league with a couple of them. At twenty-five bucks, this is a pretty good learning experience that I think will make me a better manager, regardless of how well I do this season. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Levin posted:

I know it's pretty late to be suggesting this but how do people feel about cutting the kicker and perhaps even team defense?

So, getting the league filled up by draft day was already a bit of a scramble (I appreciate y’all for signing up with such a short timeline), so I kinda feel like looping everyone in on a significant last minute change wouldn’t be ideal.

I’d absolutely be willing to table that for a vote if we renew next season. Cool? :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

It wouldn't be much of a BBQ if everyone can't feast!

Hey, DN. Which voice chat channel you use? A see a few.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Levin posted:

Very demanding format but I can see why some vastly prefer it to snake drafts. Thanks Generic One for setting this up and the Football Absurdity crew for hosting us. I had fun and learned a lot. No idea how well I did but I suppose time will tell, I look forward to meeting you all on the gridiron.

Glad you decided to give it a shot, and more than happy to accommodate! And yeah, thanks to Drunk Nerds and Sataere for hosting. :)

I bailed on a couple of long-ish term snake draft leagues this season (I did help find replacements), so I felt like I had the bandwidth for an extra league this season, and I'm stoked we got it rolling with such a short turnaround. Unless you're balls-out recruiting on the findaleague Reddit sub (bleh), that can be tough to do. So, I appreciate y'all stepping up!

The reasons I love this format are many, but most importantly I think it's because of two factors: 1) The ability to get your dudes, and 2) the flexibility the format allows for constructing your roster. There aren't many ways to get Kupp and JT in a snake draft, but if you really want them in a salary cap league? Yeah, you can get them. You're gonna have to get creative in filling out the rest of your roster, but it's workable.

Then there's the flexibility aspect. If you wanna try rolling with a stud WR type of roster, you can decide to do that, and you're not steered toward one strategy or another based on who's available when your pick is up. I feel like it's a lot easier to adapt to what's goin on in the draft than it is in snake.

This is the first season I'm only doing salary cap redraft leagues (I am in several dynasty leagues that used snake drafts for the startups, but can't really count those the same way), and I don't see myself going back to snake drafts at any point ever again.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

mega dy posted:

Er, can we unlock waivers a day early? I am currently stuck without a kicker and starting the Rams DST vs Buffalo because I did not expect waivers to be locked through Friday.

Bass and Gay are both taken, so all the remaining kickers should be available on Friday. I think I could change the waiver period to one day instead of two temporarily, but that may have some downstream impact to what everyone’s expecting for tomorrow and Friday.

Y’all wanna weigh in on this one? I’m open to suggestions here.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

coronaball posted:

Adds/drops don't lock for the week on Thursday. (There are some leagues that do have it set that way and it's terrible)

Ooooh, yeah, maybe that’s it. We won’t be doing that here. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Football is BACK :toot:

Good luck to y’all.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
mega dy sorry I didn’t give you a heads up about Kamara. West Coast here, so I was really just getting up around the time the game started.

FWIW, I see Kamara in the starting lineup for teams in a couple of other leagues I’m in. Think folks just kinda forgot about the early game.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

Not really your job to monitor people's rosters. Looks like that one caught everyone by surprise too in any case. Goon Beer League had a guy put up 155 with Kamara in an RB slot. He likely would've been in the lead for the most points in a single game prize if he'd had anyone else there.

Yeah, not speaking as the commish there, just as their opponent. I’m not going through and checking everyone’s rosters and alerting them if they’ve got a player out in this league.

As a manager though, I do try and give my opponent a heads up if I see they’ve got someone in their starting lineup who’s out. I’m weird like that. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Levin posted:

Needs More Bellcow needs to let me win this week

Denver DST has got you off to a pretty, pretty good start! :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Nice win, Levin. Knew Kelce was gonna get you those points. :clint:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
:lol: drat. I didn't catch the actual bid amount when I first saw the add. Embrace The Chaos is our non-SA member. We're in a couple of dynasty leagues together. That backfield is an absolute mess, so who knows, Kyren could end up being the dude when he gets back.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

spacejung posted:

*blinks in $0 Josh Kelley*

Kelley’s on the Chargers, though? Maybe I’m missing the implication there.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

spacejung posted:

Not sure one was worth $73 more all I'm saying

Oh, I totally get that. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

mega dy posted:

Auction is a bitch.

There’s definitely a learning curve, but there’s been a lot of funkiness this season. Some real bad football is being played out there.

Hopefully for the first timers (I think we got a few), the buy in was low enough to where it’s still a worthwhile experience. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Needs More Bellcow, you've got to beat me this week. You have the second most points scored but a losing record. This league is causing a cosmic imbalance, the rippling effects of which could destroy our whole universe.

Life doesn't make sense anymore, and only you can fix it.

:lol: You’re a good dude.

I’ve had a number of these types of seasons, and I’m sure plenty of others have, too. First few times it’s frustrating, but once you come to accept and be cool with this being a game with a lot of luck involved, and recognize there are a lot of factors entirely out of your control, you learn to just roll with it. I’m still having fun, and that’s all that matters.

Any given Sunday, y’all. Good luck this week. :clint:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Levin posted:

Needs More Bellcow needs to let me win this week

Lost that week.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Needs More Bellcow, you've got to beat me this week.

Won this week.

Guess my team aims to please. :confuoot:

SnowmanKilla, you should call for a tie, let’s see if this theory holds any weight.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Snowmankilla posted:

But needs more bellcow, we have to tie this week!

:sickos:

I’m gonna be so disappointed if this doesn’t happen.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I really should have made a move for a RB, but gently caress it. Who needs more bellcow? Not me, apparently.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Should be a little after midnight, around the same time waiver wire transactions hit. Just set your lineup Sunday morning. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Waivers/trades haven’t processed.

https://twitter.com/yahoofantasycc/status/1589243177516441600?s=46&t=E3_LIMINbTYK5Tht554Ptg

Quiet Feet, if Yahoo doesn’t have these pushed through before game time, I can use commish powers to make things happen. Please let us know who you’d like to swap out for DJM. I’d like to get that in the books ahead of time, just in case.

And if there are any other transactions that warrant discussion, let me know.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Looks like they just went through, so you should be set to make that change on your own. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Yeah, gently caress me. I definitely said I felt like Deebo and DJM were probably gonna be about equal value by the end of the season, I just didn’t think it was gonna be this bad of a value.

At least I managed to trade them away where I had them in my dynasty leagues! Silver lining! :D

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Yeah, Ertz and Kupp getting injured were the nails in the coffin. Ah, well. Hope those dudes come out the other side of rehab just as good as they were before. :cheers:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
More like Emo Benjamin. :lol:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm gonna keep losing until things change around here!

:same:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Sataere posted:

This has been a fun league and I do not expect to make the playoffs.

Ditto on that. :)

Despite the crazy rear end season, I’m still glad we made this happen with such a short turnaround.

Good luck to everyone this weekend vying for the last playoff spots. :cheers:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just a quick note: Roster lock for non-playoff teams will be going into effect after games this week.

And congrats to spacejung and coronaball for already having locked up playoff spots. Been that way for a couple of weeks now, but taking the opportunity now to say kudos. :)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

coronaball posted:

I don't think the change you made locks the people in the consolation bracket from add/drops, if that's what you were trying to do. I think you have to do it manually. I believe what you did just locks people who lose their playoff game ( or consolation game) from add/drops.

Yeah, I think you’re right. Is that what you’ve had to do in the past in our other league that you run?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Hey, congrats and good luck to:

coronaball
spacejung
Drunk Nerds
freeman
Quiet Feet
The Big Jesus

coronaball gets the $25 price for most regular season points. Due to the nature of LeagueSafe, you’ll get the payout at the same time as all the other disbursements.

The rest of yous: I’ll see ya in the consolation bracket. Teams are now locked.

If anyone has any issues, hit me up. The only team that may have a problem setting a lineup is Sataere since you’ve got a couple of dudes who may be coming off IR. If you need to drop someone, you know where to find me.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Congrats to Quiet Feet and The Big Jesus for advancing. Good luck to you two and spacejung and coronaball in the semis this week. One step closer! :black101:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just a quick note on payouts, since we’re only a couple of days out: Unless there’s a matchup that’s in correction territory, I’ll set the payouts on LeagueSafe Tuesday AM. For folks who haven’t used this payment platform before, you’ll get an email notification that your vote is required to sign off on disbursements. Once we hit a majority, funds will be credited to the appropriate managers wallets on LeagueSafe. You’ll have the option to get the payout in a couple of different ways (ACH or virtual check).

Please be prompt with your votes, so the winners can get to spending their hard earned cash.

Good luck this week, y’all. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Probably goes without saying, but given the circumstances, we’re gonna be in a bit of a holding pattern here till we get more info on how the league is going to handle the situation.

Also, gonna take this opportunity to plug Damar’s charity drive.

https://twitter.com/marcus_mosher/status/1610318098833211398?s=46&t=CyIkbMgHbIFkS-3pkb0qCA