Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Tomorrow will be the hottest day in the recorded history of Northern California, we'll see if I have electricity at 5 PM! 💀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Not sure I understand the problem. I don't have a kicker either...I'll simply add one on Friday or Saturday. Adds/drops don't lock for the week on Thursday. (There are some leagues that do have it set that way and it's terrible)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

It's just a London fuckup. There was a hint that it might happen when they activated Latavius on Saturday. But unless you saw that, there was absolutely no reason to think Kamara wouldn't play.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Just realized not all leagues replace starter drops with free agent pickups. Had the points I needed to win from my new defense on the bench. But that’s on me. Imma coach these boys up from here on out.

ESPN does, but Yahoo does not and it's real stupid.

"Hmmm yes I would rather have an empty slot than the guy I just added"

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Weirder poo poo has happened in the NFL than Kyren Williams becoming useful in the second half of this season. I just lol'd at the "bid of 73 was more than your bid of 4" part. Yes, indeed it was! 😀

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I don't think the playoff seeding tiebreaker is head to head record, I think it is most points. Where it says "playoff tiebreaker, best regular season record" that refers to what happens if a playoff matchup is tied. (More important in leagues without fractional scoring, and much more important in fantasy baseball). The other option is just that the higher seed moves on.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

Just a quick note: Roster lock for non-playoff teams will be going into effect after games this week.

And congrats to spacejung and coronaball for already having locked up playoff spots. Been that way for a couple of weeks now, but taking the opportunity now to say kudos. :)

I don't think the change you made locks the people in the consolation bracket from add/drops, if that's what you were trying to do. I think you have to do it manually. I believe what you did just locks people who lose their playoff game ( or consolation game) from add/drops.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

Yeah, I think you’re right. Is that what you’ve had to do in the past in our other league that you run?

The times that I remember to do so, yeah. 😀

I set a reminder in Outlook this time!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

My theory on dropping Gabe Davis was that I would never start him over my 3 starting WR or even Cooper, and he might be a Trojan horse for one of my playoff opponents. Looks like we're putting that theory to the test!

If it hadn't hosed up my RB choices so badly this would be more like a 75/25 deal instead of a coin flip. Oh well.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I see two separate issues:

1. Money: Whatever I get, I will be sending to the Cincinatti Children's hospital. If Quiet Feet agrees, we can just chop the sum of the 1st/ 2nd payouts 50/50 and he can pick a similar charity in Buffalo or his hometown. (I'm aware of Hamlin's GoFundMe, but they likely have more money than they know what to do with at this point)

2. Championship: If the game is cancelled or called as-is, I win. If we go by Davis' pre-game projection, I win (by .04, if I did the math right!). And if it resumes in a Week 19, then we score Davis' points and see how it shakes out.

I think the NFL will have to come to a conclusion today or tomorrow, but those are my thoughts for now.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

coronaball and Quiet Feet, this one’s a little tougher. Gabe Davis could have made up the difference there. I’d be inclined to go with a 50/50 split of 250, so… $125 each. I’d like y’all to weigh in here, I’m not sure if you’ve already been chatting, so this is the chance to get some feedback in.

50/50 is fine with me, that's exactly where we were before the Bills game started anyway.

I know in my bones that Davis had one of his 2 catches for 19 yards and 0 TDs games ahead of him though. 😀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

We gonna run this again so I can get a real championship instead of some weird split championship/asterisk thing? I'm in if so!