Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Great work setting this up generic one and thanks for the helpful advice Drunk Nerds. This is my first auction draft ever, be gentle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Sataere posted:

It is bad business for us to run a fantasy football website and give bad advice just to try winning a $25 league. Evan's BBQ strategies for auction drafts is the best auction advice available. This year, we've had a huge influx of auction guys coming into our discord thanking us because there is no good auction advice on the internet. Our goal is to grow auction drafts in the fantasy football community because snake drafts are dumb and boring.

I mean, that's exactly what someone trying to con hard working goons out of their 25 bux would say... but yeah who cares, it's not a BML and it's up to each of us to decide how to utilize the resources available to us.

I know it's pretty late to be suggesting this but how do people feel about cutting the kicker and perhaps even team defense?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Very demanding format but I can see why some vastly prefer it to snake drafts. Thanks Generic One for setting this up and the Football Absurdity crew for hosting us. I had fun and learned a lot. No idea how well I did but I suppose time will tell, I look forward to meeting you all on the gridiron.

Some things for me to consider should I do this again next year:
- Have a list of players I think will be available for $1-3 that I wouldn't mind having on my team
- Spend a little more on whoever is filling my flex spot

edit: Funnily enough I ended up with a fair number of the same guys in my redraft league: Travis Kelce, David Montgomery, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Brandin Cooks and James Cook. Might need to change my name to something cook related if either or both do well.

Levin fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 7, 2022

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Needs More Bellcow needs to let me win this week

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Sataere posted:

Will you give him more bellcow if he does?

I would give him all the bellcow. So it comes down to Kelce on Monday night, welp, at least I have a shot and keeps things interesting.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

generic one posted:

Nice win, Levin. Knew Kelce was gonna get you those points. :clint:

Thanks! I sure didn't but it was definitely a welcomed, and pleasant, surprise. Checked playoffs and we're only allowing 6 teams to advance so still a long shot but I ain't done yet.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Apologies to those who have made an effort to propose trades to me. Life has been hectic and I haven't been able to give fantasy football as much attention as I would like. Rest assured, I'll continue to play out the remainder of the season though.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Well we can't all keep losing, but I'm going to start losing again I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

My apologies for being so delinquent this season. I believe with the exception of one error I at least got my lineups in but I definitely failed to respond to trade offers and pay attention during the playoffs. The auction draft was a lot of fun and I hope to participate again next year if the league continues. Thanks generic one for doing all the heavy lifting, hope you all have a great year.