Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Shard posted:

Wait what does Nick Jackson have to do with anything???

I think the reporter is named Nick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Nick is actually behind Fightful, and SRS is just a sock puppet

So like, you're saying Nick is behind a SECOND paywall?!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

Nick Punk

wait wait wait now who's Nick Punk???

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MotU posted:

punk gonna lose a fistfight to every wrestler and then the cameraman or something

Hes already taken an L to a photographer in the UFC Octagon so this would be nothing new to him.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ganso Bomb posted:

That workers right line from Hangman never even felt like a Colt dig to me, it just felt like a young guy telling an old guy that he was a selfish prick and only looking out for himself

Holding grudges makes you paranoid

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Punk brought up the evps all on his own. that's why he's the champ.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/LightMatane/status/1566660104707051520

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tarnop posted:

Holding grudges makes you paranoid

Is this about me??

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

listening again and cracking up at Grave Meltzer's demonic voice

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i need a xanax after all that

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

That workers right line from Hangman never even felt like a Colt dig to me, it just felt like a young guy telling an old guy that he was a selfish prick and only looking out for himself

this is what I got from that promo too. i even just went back to check to make sure I wasn't misremembering and I found no mention of colt from hanger. I thought it was just a shot that punk talking about the sasha/naomi walkout but not really showing his support through his actions backstage. basically hanger saying "i change with the loving boys" like cm punks hero bret hart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You could practically hear the waves of gratitude radiating from Tony when Jericho showed up and calmed everything down.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I think I'm gonna have to cancel my Fight Forever pre-order until they can confirm that I can book the media scrum fights in the GM mode too

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tarnop posted:

He didn't have to talk about it

oh my bad lol. i thought the reporter asked him a question about it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lethrom posted:

I think I'm gonna have to cancel my Fight Forever pre-order until they can confirm that I can book the media scrum fights in the GM mode too

lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i need a xanax after all that

Yeah tonight was downright dizzying. What an insane business.

I have no idea what to expect in the next few days nevermind weeks or months.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628632205932888065/1016224823329968170/FuckinShit.mp4

https://twitter.com/righteousreg/status/1566665732242284544

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna make a storyline on Fight Forever greater than chocolate drop. Just gonna be a 5 second clip of someone kicking CM Punk in the balls

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this is what I got from that promo too. i even just went back to check to make sure I wasn't misremembering and I found no mention of colt from hanger. I thought it was just a shot that punk talking about the sasha/naomi walkout but not really showing his support through his actions backstage. basically hanger saying "i change with the loving boys" like cm punks hero bret hart

Same! I forgot that it came after the walkout stuff.

Wrestling has me up way too late, I’m gonna have bags under my eyes like CM Punk tomorrow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lethrom posted:

Ahaha, that would be incredible. Including pitch adjustment for Dave Meltzer's voice.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Seams posted:

oh my bad lol. i thought the reporter asked him a question about it.

I'm pretty sure he was asked a question about it. He could have said "I'm not going to talk about that", and he could have not brought it up again two or three times in response to unrelated questions.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Dave Meltzer Simulator: Now with real paper shuffling DLC!"

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Lethrom posted:

Expecting a media scrum minigame that works like the shareholder meeting minigame in Yakuza Like a Dragon

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lethrom posted:

You play as Tony and it's some kinda Bemani hell game where you have to tap inputs to superstars shooting your back of the house to pieces

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
did anyone say Lower Octave Meltzer

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Upper Echelon coming soon to WWE. people in aew are absolutely working SRS

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1566665883392540672

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

emotions are really hard to control, specifically anger, and it's obvious that that is still an extremely lovely part of his brain. he has the receipts, scott colton betrayed our champion.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the first question of the scrum was cut off and we, the fans, dont know what was said. it opened with punk asking a journo something about doing improv and then Punk asks if he's friends with Colt.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Fightful has non-paywalled transcripts.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Thanlis posted:

Fightful has non-paywalled transcripts.

yup, Punk asked Nick a question about "who'd you do improv with?" and Nick's response is "Uhh Scott Colton :smug:" so that dude was there to stir poo poo

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

buy-in: great
ppv: great
scrum: great

AEW doesn't miss

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I agree it wasn’t said literally, but I do think it’s a bit too naive to suggest it wasn’t about Punk and Cabana. Hangman’s friends with Cabana, he said he wanted to “embarrass” Punk but not in a match, which would have to do with his reputation. What would hurt his reputation? Airing the dirty laundry in front of an audience of millions would do the trick; I agree that holding grudges breeds suspicion, but also it’s not like, a severe leap in logic. They laid out enough rope for Punk to hang himself and he’s only now tied the noose.

FWIW I am not on Punk’s side in this but I still do think it’s a weird fight to pick with a guy making money. That said, it’s really funny that Punk also picked a fight with The Rock once upon a time and didn’t think about the money then either.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This meet and greet also set Punk off on Hangman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSaizncuovY

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fez_machine posted:

yeah, the quote about "oh boy i don't take advice heh" was apparently something that pissed punk off, he obviously feels like he's going to be a mentor and source of wisdom that will shape the company and young talent, i feel like Punk desperately wants an "elder statesman" jaunt like Jericho is on, and it seems like The Elite are doing "their thing" and maybe not cool on collaborating or going to the like, 2 dozen legit legends that are employed by AEW to shape the product and i can see how it'd be a bit of a tense environment to work in. the elite are like, wrestling auteurs

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wwe fired the bullet that killed aew almost a decade before aew existed.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

this is how i felt when i used to buy jon jones paperviews

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

fez_machine posted:

This is the most innocuous thing in the world to lose one's poo poo over, lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

This is the most innocuous thing in the world to lose one's poo poo over, lmao

hey there, names phil brooks, nice to meet ya

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they also had a program together and obviously worked on poo poo but the chemistry was pretty lacking so they probably didn't get on well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Every time I look at some AEW stuff on twitter I see the latest tweet from Cody Rhodes of him with a cigar in his mouth, and it really makes me grin.