Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm happy to see the acclaimed starting to pick up some momentum and get the crowd behind them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Toss the tag belts on the Acclaimed at the next All Out in Chicago and I feel like you can't miss, at least for a huge pop "these guys seem like stars" moment at the bare minimum.

Even better if we get a rare "Face fakes an injury and then beats his opponent's rear end" moment with the match ending on Bowens going insane after exaggerating how bad his leg is doing up to that point just to throw his opponent's off. That's probably best done in a rematch vs. Swerve and Strickland though, so that might happen sooner.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Run this back at Grand Slam with a title change

Yeah that's a good call, and would be a good time for Bowens to suddenly have two working legs in the buildup to the finish.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

AEW Wrestlers are becoming Kaijus to go to war with Victorian Britain? Okay!

That video package is just as good as a live wrestling event in the U.K. like Clash as the Castle right J-Ru? The U.K. fans are surely appeased by that video package!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Hahaha hell yeah, no need to wait just right off before the match I love it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oh gently caress bump on the pyro grid is an insane spot, can't believe that I don't think it's been done before.

I love that Christian has in character worked himself into a nice PPV payday without having to actually put on a proper match.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tony think CM Punk winning in Chicago will cover up all the HEEEEAAAT and he’s probably right

At this point I want him to lean into the skid and have Mox win. Hell have Jericho win too, just make nobody happy.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

MJeff posted:

Every match started going against what the crowd wanted when they started chanting Detroit Sucks..... 🤔

Justice for Michigan fans like me! Chicago must finally pay for its crimes!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm really not liking Danielson being sung to the ring by a hotboi singer, I must admit.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The golden lamb of a Punk win will cleanse this PPV of all its heel wins!

I do really like that Jericho didn't just purely rely on heel shortcuts or anything, the guy took insane punishment for like, the longest sequence near a finish I can immediately recall, but was still hanging in there.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

It's been awhile since I've seen Miro really cut loose, I hope he shines like hell and has a glorious match here.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

PREMIUM TIER EXCLUSIVE: POPULAR AEW ROSTER MEMBER HAS HEAT WITH HANGMAN ADAM PAGE, ACCUSES OF BEING DANGEROUS IN RING. $14.99 TO ACCESS CONTENT.

gently caress gently caress where can I put in my credit card number to get access to these scoops?!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Okay I'm counting Miro kicking off this match owning the entire HoB on his own as him shining like hell.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I"m really liking the camera work on this PPV. I feel like they either have some new people involved there or are just actively trying to do new and cool things.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Welp, that was just casually the most newsworthy AEW scrum of all time in the first 5-10 minutes alone.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

We don't want guys going into business for themselves. Oh ok, Tony.

Was just coming in to post this quote. I hope he was at least a bit self-aware when he said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Every time I look at some AEW stuff on twitter I see the latest tweet from Cody Rhodes of him with a cigar in his mouth, and it really makes me grin.