Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
goddamn my dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Seemed a little tall to be MJF?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Matt Jackson’s broken back must be the longest running injury gimmick in wrestling history at this point, no?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Really just aggressively don’t care about Jay Lethal

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Chaotic Neutral Powerhouse????

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Bumper Stickup posted:

Best match of the night so far. No I will not be taking suggestions to the contrary.

agreed

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Christian still owns the urn holding all of Luchasaurus’s power!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

That is so much blood

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I hope Punk attacks his arm, I like that match

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I hope Punk attacks his arm, I like that match

Lol I see the future!!!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The only reason I was ever okay with Page bringing up the Punk/Cabana stuff was because I figured Punk okayed it to help the build. It was super stupid dumb for Page or anyone to think that bringing up a deep personal wound for a guy who is known to hold terrible grudges is a good idea. Punk seems like a complete rear end in a top hat, but he is right that wrestling is about making money, and there are like a thousand ways to build a match between talents like Page and Punk without bringing up off-limits poo poo.

However, Punk seems like a classic Al-Anon kinda guy, except the kind that doesn’t work a program, so seems very hard to approach about anything that might be confrontational or threatening. Doesn’t do himself any favors and certainly hasn’t processed any of the wounds that he’s had. Came off like a real douche tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

this is what I got from that promo too. i even just went back to check to make sure I wasn't misremembering and I found no mention of colt from hanger. I thought it was just a shot that punk talking about the sasha/naomi walkout but not really showing his support through his actions backstage. basically hanger saying "i change with the loving boys" like cm punks hero bret hart

I agree it wasn’t said literally, but I do think it’s a bit too naive to suggest it wasn’t about Punk and Cabana. Hangman’s friends with Cabana, he said he wanted to “embarrass” Punk but not in a match, which would have to do with his reputation. What would hurt his reputation? Airing the dirty laundry in front of an audience of millions would do the trick; I agree that holding grudges breeds suspicion, but also it’s not like, a severe leap in logic. They laid out enough rope for Punk to hang himself and he’s only now tied the noose.

FWIW I am not on Punk’s side in this but I still do think it’s a weird fight to pick with a guy making money. That said, it’s really funny that Punk also picked a fight with The Rock once upon a time and didn’t think about the money then either.