Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Muppets>Fraggle Rock>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sesame Street

Oh, you like shows for 8 year olds more than shows for 3 year olds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sesame street was great when I was a small child, I assume it is great for small children today. All things in their right place.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Grover is pretty cool, even if he doesn’t know how to design a house. And what is Elmo’s gimmick in the first place? He just vibrates when you tickle him too much.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

What is this bullshit cookie monster erasure

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

goatface posted:

Sesame street was great when I was a small child, I assume it is great for small children today. All things in their right place.
it is. we watch it out toddler. still very entertaining for all ages

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

What is this bullshit cookie monster erasure
cookie monster is the best character on sesame street, followed in no particular order by grover and Rosita.

Rosita is a muppet they added in the 90s, a chill little Mexican immigrant kid who plays guitar and randomly solves complex mechanical engineering problems.

edit to say that in recent seasons cookie monster operates a food truck. he gets requests for meals but is always out of one ingredient (usually cuz he ate it) and goes directly to the farm/factory to get more. so you get to see peanut butter factories and dairy farms and such. like a little bit of Marc Summer's Unwrapped but helmed by a gluttonous muppet. good stuff.

sudonim fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 6, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gonzo is better than both

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sudonim posted:

cookie monster is the best character on sesame street, followed in no particular order by grover and Rosita.

Rosita is a muppet they added in the 90s, a chill little Mexican immigrant kid who plays guitar and randomly solves complex mechanical engineering problems.

edit to say that in recent seasons cookie monster operates a food truck. he gets requests for meals but is always out of one ingredient (usually cuz he ate it) and goes directly to the farm/factory to get more. so you get to see peanut butter factories and dairy farms and such. like a little bit of Marc Summer's Unwrapped but helmed by a gluttonous muppet. good stuff.

add oscar and his worm to this and your right.

also telly is the worst character, he is a nerotic weirdo who never shuts the gently caress up about triangles.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Dapper_Swindler posted:

add oscar and his worm to this and your right.

also telly is the worst character, he is a nerotic weirdo who never shuts the gently caress up about triangles.

I agree with this about Telly, his whole thing is being neurotic and the weird triangle poo poo. I watch a lot of sesame street with my kid and agree that Rosita is awesome.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Buffy Sainte-Marie ?

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

hallo spacedog posted:

I agree with this about Telly, his whole thing is being neurotic and the weird triangle poo poo. I watch a lot of sesame street with my kid and agree that Rosita is awesome.

Telly just need some Xans

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Elmo is a suckup, and I have to say that Oscar the Grouch is better than 10 Grovers.

But someone post the Groverhouse gif pls, that's a good one.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drHHMimDR8A

my son likes the one where elmo and grover get a puppy and it has some good songs in it including one about "cookie monster doggie treats" and I change the words to cookie monster doggie turds and my son always laugh cuz that's mad funny, the idea of cookie monster walking around with a cart, selling doggie turds

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

hallo spacedog posted:

most charaters rule outside zoey and telly. also this exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI1AMomhO6A&t=6s

some monsters saw bad poo poo in iraq and vietnam

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

BigBadSteve posted:

Elmo is a suckup, and I have to say that Oscar the Grouch is better than 10 Grovers.

But someone post the Groverhouse gif pls, that's a good one.

Thanks to Elmo in Grouchland we now know that Grouch is Oscar's race, not his personality, so anyone making fun of Oscar for being a Grouch and living in a trashcan was actually being racist

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Dapper_Swindler posted:

most charaters rule outside zoey and telly. also this exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI1AMomhO6A&t=6s

some monsters saw bad poo poo in iraq and vietnam

jesus!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah, like its good that that stuff exists to help kids but holy gently caress. so is their a muppet section in veterans homes/va/graveyards. did muppets fight for other countries/terrorists.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the muppets were sold lies after 9/11 and now have to live with the horror of their experiences

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The muppets weren't smart enough to actually research before joining up to go kill people to steal their oil and so are complicit.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i just feel bad for the muppet children

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Were these muppets using drones to kill muppet families in the middle east?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kntfkr posted:

the muppets were sold lies after 9/11 and now have to live with the horror of their experiences

how many muppets names are on the wall in dc? its like "john alfred, clarence lincoln, muffles the monster, sneezy"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-LPZQgM5cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J0-ZatDHug

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I tried watching a sesame street on youtube and it was really bad. It seemed to just be a couple long storylines. No animated pinball 12345 678910 1112 nanananana songs or anything like that.

In short, it was better when I was a kid. Also, elmo wasn't around. I will say that the autistic muppet is way cool and I wish she'd been around back in the day.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQyTpPu0gvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3evXJqb54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ05oOZiZOA

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

jesus!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They created Elmo and Cookie Monster to avoid having to pay the Muppet people for all the legacy muppets. Elmo’s a shameless embodiment of our society’s capitalist misadventures.

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.
Grover is of course better than Elmo, but Telly is the real MVM.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted in the old Sesame Street mega thread "Grover is a bitch" but I can't find the specific post. Seems like an oddly aggressive take IMO

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Vegetable posted:

They created Elmo and Cookie Monster to avoid having to pay the Muppet people for all the legacy muppets. Elmo’s a shameless embodiment of our society’s capitalist misadventures.

Cookie Monster has been on Sesame Street since season 1

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I wasn't a big Telly fan as a kid, but watching old clips and seeing him being an anxious wreck now makes me think that I saw way too much of myself in him.

Anyway, post your favorite Grover / Sesame Street monster moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKu3NE7Omkw&t=69s

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Cookie Monster has been on Sesame Street since season 1

You’re right, and his regular coke-fuelled beatings of any child who dared to look him in his offset eyes are well documented

C has never meant cookie; C has meant “crushing blows to the facial bones and genitalia” for DECADES

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

He ate a whole loving typewriter once

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cookie Monster never actually ate any of the Cookies he had.

He just crumbled them up in his blue furry hands.

Cookie Monster is the epitome of conspicuous consumption. And thus will be the first against the wall come the revolution.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Jillian poo poo posted:

You’re right, and his regular coke-fuelled beatings of any child who dared to look him in his offset eyes are well documented

C has never meant cookie; C has meant “crushing blows to the facial bones and genitalia” for DECADES

More like Dan Schneider Monster

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BrigadierSensible posted:

Cookie Monster never actually ate any of the Cookies he had.

He just crumbled them up in his blue furry hands.

Cookie Monster is the epitome of conspicuous consumption. And thus will be the first against the wall come the revolution.

Cookie Monster ate all the cookies.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Smugworth posted:

William Henry Hairytaint posted in the old Sesame Street mega thread "Grover is a bitch" but I can't find the specific post. Seems like an oddly aggressive take IMO

there is a sesame street mega thread.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there is a sesame street mega thread.

If there isn't there should be. So I dub this the Sesame Street MEGAthread.

To start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUL4T8WcFdA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mods, please change thread title to Sesame Street MEGAthread: Grover kicks Elmo's rear end