Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm still waiting for patches because I'm over having to reboot the game after every mission or so so mission triggers actually trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Soonmot posted:

PC? I haven't had any freezeups or animation fuckups since the last patch on PS5
PC.
Only had one freeze but it's a non-stop, never ending parade spawns never triggering that can only be fixed by exiting and restarting the game.
For at least two missions I nailed it down to Notoriety. Gain Notoriety and hit a trigger to start the mission whatever and it clears Notoriety, then certain enemies never spawn. The mission where you have to burn files at the storage unit place, the helicopters would never spawn if gained Notoriety on the way to saving Jim.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
As one of the weirdos that played the games in release order as they came out, I liked the escalation of the games.
Starts as a GTA clone, 2 up the ante with the Boss being in charge, 3 ramps it up again with the bullshit you get up to (I'm sad they didn't merge the two endings together for 4 though), and 4 pushes it to the limit because what would be the next step? Saints invade a foreign country?

3 is my least favourite out of the set mostly because of the characters. The new folks that weren't Oleg, meh. Matt and Kinzie got better in 4.