Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kin posted:

It's weird, I've been playing the new SR game for the last week or so and it's like, OK.

I paid full price for it on release and yeah, I don't think it's worth that, but it's very much saints row, just without the old cast of characters.

Some of the gleeful responses to Volitions closure make it seem like the game ripped open the chests of children and took a poo poo in them.

It's just very much more of the same SR from 3 onwards, just with less dildo jokes and no Gat, etc. If I'd picked it up for about £20 or £30 I'd have probably been content.

It's a shame, I was really hoping the new SR would be great but I avoided pre-ordering it after getting burned by Agents of Mayhem. From what I hear it was a similar launch, game was incomplete but had some fun stuff to it. I'll definitely give it a shot on PS+ but this doesn't bode well for the future of the game/franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mordja posted:

Agents of Mayhem was supposed to be set in the post-SR4 rebooted universe, right? Did it have many references to that fact?

It treated it like a whole new game with very subtle references. It took place after Gat out of Hell with the "Johnny chooses to reboot the universe and ends up a cop" universe