Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Hell yeah, System Shock rocking out with the absolutely worst soundtrack imaginable. I love it.

drat, you really weren't kidding, huh? Some of it has this weird funky feeling to it that you can kinda zone out to, others are just very, uh, bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That guy that was immune to the laser rapier was only so because you ran out of energy.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wow those bomb cart guys respawned aggressively. Though it did look like they stopped actually going after you while you were at the area with the puzzle, as long as they hadn't seen you yet.
It's also crazy how passable the music is in these later areas, while the start of the game had some real terrible stuff.

I think the map now also highlights danger floors, I don't remember it doing that for radiation/poison zones before.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for showing off the game!

I think it had some very interesting ideas, especially for the time. But the execution is very rough.
I'm honestly surprised with how many first aid kits they had scattered about the bridge, both before and after the separation. Especially considering the game got really stingy with healing opportunities around the middle.

I wonder if they intended for the radiation in the room around the cyberjack to keep hurting you as you were dealing with cyberspace, but just couldn't get it to work/keep it from killing you too fast to be able to get around in there. Because otherwise, it seems like a bit of a weird inclusion. They give you a level 3 suit on the bridge level and and energy recharge so it's not like you could feasibly be caught without.

Speaking of cyberspace, the cyber cortex reavers seem to be less of a problem than the normal cyberspace enemies, what with being enormous targets that you only vaguely have to point towards and their apparent lack of ability to see you until you've already taken a ton of shots at them.