Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

You gotta be loving kidding me.

Face/Off is NOT a good movie. It’s like a Michael Bay movie without all the subtlety.

I love Nicholas Cage and will watch anything with him in it. Even poo poo movies. poo poo movies like Face/Off.

How the hell does it have a lower Audience Score??????

How did 82.8 out of 90 certified movie critics decide this was Fresh???

And don’t get me wrong, I am sitting here watching it for the third time. I am entertained… but it’s poo poo.

Am I missing something here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You’re wrong op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I gave this thread 2% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 2 on Something Awful

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

It’s like a Michael Bay movie without all the subtlety.

This is where I knew you were making a joke thread

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Christ it even has the Howie Scream in it totally unironically.

https://youtu.be/aUTe2ndjRew

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Post Nic Cage movies that should be higher rated by critics OP. This oughta be good.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Post Nic Cage movies that should be higher rated by critics OP. This oughta be good.

Leaving Las Vegas has a lower critic score than Face/Off :suicide:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Rotten Tomatoes is not a reliable indicator of if a movie is good or not.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kntfkr posted:

Rotten Tomatoes is not a reliable indicator of if a movie is good or not.

nor is this the op of this thread because op is wrong and maybe an idiot???

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Con-Air is the superior Cage joint

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i can never remember which movie really bored me, even as a lover of Bad Media. was it Broken Arrow or Face/Off? I'll never know because I'm afraid I'll end up watching the boring one again first.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Strange Poon posted:

i can never remember which movie really bored me, even as a lover of Bad Media. was it Broken Arrow or Face/Off? I'll never know because I'm afraid I'll end up watching the boring one again first.

I've only seen Face/Off once and I was extremely high, but I was also very much not bored.

I liked Cage in Willy's Wonderland, and Parents. I'm a sucker for comedy horror.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If anything, a 92% is way too low for Face/Off.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Leaving Las Vegas has a lower critic score than Face/Off :suicide:

sorry but I'm having a hard time believing that's better than Face/Off based on Nic smooching a girl

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it speaks to the human condition, particularly about face offs

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
The movie is called Face/Off and the antagonist and protagonist have a face off, have their faces taken off, and have another face off. Sounds like it did everything it said that it was going to do and more. What more do you want?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Christmas with the Kranks inexplicably has a 5% score so I understand your anger, op.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

On HDTGM, they said that Nicholas Cage went straight from wrapping Con-Air to shooting FaceOff and the first scenes he and Travolta did were ones where they was already body swapped so they had no baseline for how they were supposed to playing each other's characters.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Let us also not forget The Rock

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

On HDTGM, they said that Nicholas Cage went straight from wrapping Con-Air to shooting FaceOff and the first scenes he and Travolta did were ones where they was already body swapped so they had no baseline for how they were supposed to playing each other's characters.

Nicholas Cage is that good.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The way Nic and her daughter keep touching their faces in a super weird way elevates the film to fine art.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
John Woo

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The movie is good OP

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

StoryTime posted:

The way Nic and her daughter keep touching their faces in a super weird way elevates the film to fine art.

The film employs a lot of imagery like this that tends to go over peoples' heads at first, but rewards repeat viewers when they pick up on the fact the film is actually about faces.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's a good movie

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
The prison bits are fantastic and Nicolas Cage is very convincing as a man with the wrong face.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It's good

Nic is a god

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I mean Con Air should be unwatchable but he just makes it work even with a stupid accent and Jesus hair

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

More like "Rotten Tomatoes - 92% Off"!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Face/Off and Leaving Las Vegas are both 82 "Must-Sees" on metacritic, lol. i have a feeling neither has aged all that well and they're still exactly equally good.

srsly tho, Face/Off is good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Comparing Face/Off to Leaving Las Vegas is psychotic and trolling and I'm not going to stand for it.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Face Off is one of the most purely entertaining movies ever and its extreme lack of subtlety is part of the reason why.

You've got doves, you've got slo-mo, you've got a kickin rad prison sequence and an intro that's just peak Nic Cage doing Nic Cage things for around 15 minutes. There's also the weird sexual tension Travolta has with 'his' daughter and an unironic, 'all the bad guys do evil laughs around a table' scene.

Face/Off owns

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
op must have a humiliation fetish because thats the only reason i can think of for making this thread

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Comparing Face/Off to Leaving Las Vegas is psychotic and trolling and I'm not going to stand for it.

i agree. the boys on the Friendly Fire podcast had it right when they came up with a unique rating system for every movie.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Is Leaving Las Vegas the movie with that actress with the super hot legs? Something Elizabeth Shoe or something like that?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Piggy Smalls posted:

Is Leaving Las Vegas the movie with that actress with the super hot legs? Something Elizabeth Shoe or something like that?

Elisabeth Shue. Loved her in Adventures in Babysitting

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
It gave us this Patrice O' Neal/Jim Norton classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXOryOXC40

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

pablo gbscobar posted:

Face Off is one of the most purely entertaining movies ever and its extreme lack of subtlety is part of the reason why.

You've got doves, you've got slo-mo, you've got a kickin rad prison sequence and an intro that's just peak Nic Cage doing Nic Cage things for around 15 minutes. There's also the weird sexual tension Travolta has with 'his' daughter and an unironic, 'all the bad guys do evil laughs around a table' scene.

Face/Off owns

Lots of great lines for quoting in everyday life, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mY53e6zVA

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Nah this one has gravity boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

my favorite cage film is The Rock. i don't think it's the best, just my favorite.