Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/mikekadlick/status/1763412537863778744

LOL Bob Kraft LOVES murderers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

"You must have had a good reason"

Bob Kraft legit believes his players should be allowed to extrajudicially murder people.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

"You must have had a good reason"

Bob Kraft legit believes his players should be allowed to extrajudicially murder people.

Pretty much the same way he feels about the IDF.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If it was to further Patriots football that would be an acceptable reason.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What response exactly was he expecting to the question "did you murder a bunch of people"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Docjowles posted:

What response exactly was he expecting to the question "did you murder a bunch of people"

"look, Mr Kraft, have you ever seen the movie The Equalizer"

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Docjowles posted:

'Just practicing for the Colts next week, Mr Kraft'

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Docjowles posted:

Are you wearing a wire

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

absolutely dumb as gently caress, love to hear his opinion on massages too

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wow Bob Kraft gettin' jerked around!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
70 years old seems kind of late to learn that a serial murderer might lie in order to "snooker" you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

indigi posted:

70 years old seems kind of late to learn that a serial murderer might lie in order to "snooker" you

He thinks there is a lot of anti semitism in the US too. He's a fool.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Ok now I’m interested in the Pats again

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kraft has become so powerful he’s leaking hit pieces on himself

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gave him the ole flim flam.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
aaron INNOCENT

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Nice

https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1764286966164603010?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Fucks sake

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I love Christian Wilkins and his joie de vivre but I don't think you need to be spending a zillion loving dollars on a guy who isn't a particularly good pass rusher.

IMO you are better off replacing him with multiple guys, especially when you still have another high-importance role within the defense(NT) you've got to fill.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
He plays 90% of snaps every year and is good, that's incredibly valuable

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

He plays 90% of snaps every year and is good, that's incredibly valuable

We're talking about spending $30-35m a year on two guys to play ~90% of your snaps on the IDL. There's some real risks to that- risks to injury, risks to them declining in their 30's, a probable inability to field much in the way of depth, etc.

If you're going to throw around $20-25m or the equivalent this off-season to add to Zach Sieler there's certainly a possibility you might have a net better performance, similar performance but less cost, or somewhere in between and lessen some of those risks that you'll be paying a lot for a performance that isn't worth it due to a risk of putting all your eggs in one basket.

At that price point, do you have an alternative of say, Justin Madubuike and T'Vondre Sweat, or something like that?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pretty weird that Wilkins is allowed to molest people.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We’re gonna draft a DT.

https://twitter.com/pschrags/status/1764355384322511053?s=46

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Uh yeah, duh, the run on WR and OL will mean some elite talent at DT and EDGE will fall down the draft board. That’s just good value baby.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Everyone’s going nuts for the tackles and the receivers and I’m over here looking at centers butts

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

nah they are just gonna draft the wrong OL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1764629720144994504

Rats trying to get off the ship. It remains incredible that they are running it back.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

quote:

I still do think there will be a market for Zach Wilson’s services, but I don’t get the sense many teams are going to be willing to give up trade capital for a player the league knows is on the chopping block, especially for one that would likely be fighting to be a backup anyway. The main sticking point: The $5.4 million cap hit any acquiring team will take on. The Jets wouldn’t save any money by cutting him, so one possible outcome would involve the Jets attaching a draft pick to Wilson to get another team to take him off their hands.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Yeah, I mean that's not surprising. Wilson and a 7th for a 6th rounder might be the saddest trade in NFL history.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

How much damage is Douglas going to do to the Jets' future before he gets fired this year. That is really the only question.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, I mean that's not surprising. Wilson and a 7th for a 6th rounder might be the saddest trade in NFL history.

A.J. Jenkins for Jonathan Baldwin one-for-one has to be way up that list.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pats trading N'Keal Harry for a future 7th rounder was also a major LOL

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Apparently this happened.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/1764837047926145227?s=46

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Congrats on your $700k in cap savings, Bills posters

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Surprised; the narrative was he expected to be the eventual replacement for Morse. But i don't think he was overly happy about not being a starter. The bigger saving is in 2025, and I'm guessing they like how Kromer has developed Alec Anderson.

I don't know how much they pay Kromer but it should probably be more.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 5, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That FA WR market is getting rough. Not that Douglas will be able to do this but they really should be all over the trade market for WRs in the cast that guys like JJ or Aiyuk ever become available.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

That FA WR market is getting rough. Not that Douglas will be able to do this but they really should be all over the trade market for WRs in the cast that guys like JJ or Aiyuk ever become available.
I'm very concerned here. I wouldn't be shocked to see Pittman get tagged and Calvin Ridley get re-signed prior to FA. That leave like Hollywood Brown and Gabe Davis as the cream of the WR crop? loving gross.

Plus like half the league is looking for WR upgrades so prices are going to be high.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, but another loaded draft class

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm very concerned here. I wouldn't be shocked to see Pittman get tagged and Calvin Ridley get re-signed prior to FA. That leave like Hollywood Brown and Gabe Davis as the cream of the WR crop? loving gross.

Plus like half the league is looking for WR upgrades so prices are going to be high.

I feel like the most logical plan is to (try to) throw money at the OL in free agency, sign a mid-tier WR or two (think Curtis Samuel/Tyler Boyd tier), and then take the best available offensive player at 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Other names to look at that aren't unmitigated poo poo and might be available via cuts: Tyler Lockett, Chris Godwin, Brandon Cooks.

Douglas will likely through 20 million a year at Gabe Davis though because of AFC Shitbrain and complete incompetence.