Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Professor Funk posted:

I stand with mcmagic

(Also I could think of no better way to kick off the 2022 AFCE thread.)

Arguing about mcmagic is pretty much our #1 pastime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

that CB depth :chloe:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There are no NFL teams with CB depth lol. It's like Tackle depth.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Arguing about mcmagic is pretty much our #1 pastime.

Amen

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also lol that Kader at this point is simply unhealthy or he'd challenge Noah's spot. Noah is truly useless. How on earth did Devonta Smith say that he was the best cornerback he faced in college?

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

There are no NFL teams with CB depth lol. It's like Tackle depth.

Woah, the Patriots have a long list of mediocre dudes to throw at you.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Metapod posted:

I hope everyone remembers to let the season simmer a few weeks before saying an embarrassing take

Where's the fun in that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Woah, the Patriots have a long list of mediocre dudes to throw at you.

How many of them are from Rutgers?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami had some depth at some point but alas

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I know that no one is happy with their CB depth, but the drop off from X and Jones to Noah Igbinoghene is practically unprecedented.

I'm curious how they're going to scheme around his incompetence. If he's left to his own devices against somebody like Parker, for instance, he could singlehandedly lose the game for us.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

How many of them are from Rutgers?

Only Devin McCourty. Nobody else from Rutgers has survived the years for some mysterious reason.

They also have this guy from Texas

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I know that no one is happy with their CB depth, but the drop off from X and Jones to Noah Igbinoghene is practically unprecedented.

I'm curious how they're going to scheme around his incompetence. If he's left to his own devices against somebody like Parker, for instance, he could singlehandedly lose the game for us.

They'll just have Holland manhandle Parker a few snaps. Bingo bango

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Only Devin McCourty. Nobody else from Rutgers has survived the years for some mysterious reason.

They also have this guy from Texas

So he plays football when not fronting a Metallica cover band?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
No!!! (Though I assume this means Bam Knight will be back on the PS)

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1567229830546001923?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

No!!! (Though I assume this means Bam Knight will be back on the PS)

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1567229830546001923?s=21

I thought the Jets were collecting all the midget WRs?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. Hard m.

Try to educate yourself you hateful bigot

https://dwarfathletics.ca/m-word/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Inject this into your veins, Dolphins fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gni8yDtYM00

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Inject this into your veins, Dolphins fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gni8yDtYM00

Chris Simms when he says he thinks Zach Wilson will be good: broke rear end

Chris Simms when he says the Dolphins are better than the Patriots: strong and independent

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Chris Simms when he says he thinks Zach Wilson will be good: broke rear end

Chris Simms when he says the Dolphins are better than the Patriots: strong and independent

Well yeah

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

is pepsi ok posted:

Tua is a good boy who always does his homework and helps little old ladies cross the street and this is how he gets treated. Says a lot about the people ITT.

This is all I’ve been trying to say the whole time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:hai:

https://twitter.com/thegaluminati/status/1567183150761103361?s=21&t=o_b_HPskfHhyQOCL20ZiTQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:itshappening:

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1567260492304900097

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Do Jets fans want him to start week one? I feel like if it were my team I’d rather him wait another week.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Do Jets fans want him to start week one? I feel like if it were my team I’d rather him wait another week.

If he's 100% healthy, why wouldn't we want him to start? This whole season is literally about evaluating him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Whats the point in hiding him?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m not interested in starting Joe Flacco if we have a healthy and able Wilson. As long as you’re not risking reinjury then start him.

The downside here is only 3 days practice instead of 4 in a game we’re unlikely to win anyways.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I just can’t imagine he’s already healthy, I guess is my hang up.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I feel like the difference between Wilson and Flacco is negligible enough where they shouldn’t have any incentive to rush him back before he’s cleared. If he’s cleared to practice he’s cleared to play.

That said, I’d still be surprised if Flacco didn’t start W1.

Nov 6, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

I just can’t imagine he’s already healthy, I guess is my hang up.

I think it's our natural inclination not to trust NFL teams when they tell us a player is 100%.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it’s just classic gamesmanship from Saleh

ravens won’t know which bad QB to prepare for

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I don't really dislike the dolphins. Of all the bills' division rivals, they're probably the only team I could see myself supporting if they went on a run. But with all that said, outside of Tom Brady, I've never been more invested in seeing a QB eat poo poo than I am with Tua. He's such a stupid weenie and I want him to poop his pants on gameday

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

whatis posted:

I don't really dislike the dolphins. Of all the bills' division rivals, they're probably the only team I could see myself supporting if they went on a run. But with all that said, outside of Tom Brady, I've never been more invested in seeing a QB eat poo poo than I am with Tua. He's such a stupid weenie and I want him to poop his pants on gameday

Mr. Tagovailoa I beg you, leave your son alone.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

whatis posted:

hey you fucker

you’re the weenie!!!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

whatis posted:

I don't really dislike the dolphins.

First off excuse you.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I'm not old enough to pretend to remember the old rivalry. I like teal and thought the uniforms were cool as a kid

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If the Dolphins suck I just want them to beat the Jets and Pats and take one from the Bills. Anything else is a bonus I guess. I like new things so I'm down if y'all Bills go and hoist the Lombardi for once.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

whatis posted:

lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
We aren’t beating the Bills but we can continue to sweep the Pats and Jets that would be cool.

Whatever happens this season it should be the end of Tua chatter one way or the other and I look forward to that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man I don't know if I've ever jonesed so hard for the start of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I guess if I had to be honest the most damning thing about Tua is how little I think about him in general.

I feel horrible for saying this Dolfans, but I just don't take the dude seriously at all. I feel bad in the sense this is the starting QB for our hated rival so I should feel strongly but it's been a weird few years. For instance I loved Ryan Fitzpatrick (I have a Ryan Fitzpatrick card in...a Dolphins uniform on my wall at my office) but it's just like with Tua I mean he's always the little guy getting beaten up.
He was able to overcome his dad, but what about #17?