Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I am grateful that despite the Pats self-immolating into a total dumpster fire, there’s still an argument they aren’t the most embarrassing team in the AFCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only people that care about what’s going on in New England are Pats fans. You’re yesterday’s news.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Sunday Morning posted:

we got four plays with rodgers in the game to make a judgment - hint it was really really bad

Football is a game of small sample sizes but lol four plays?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Pontius Pilate posted:

Football is a game of small sample sizes but lol four plays?

You guys take your Jets posting a lot more seriously than I do

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I’m not even a jets fan, just a sane person, but that’s getting tautological

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Well I wasn't really extrapolating four plays into a season. I thought the facetiousness of the post was fairly obvious given the whole four plays thing but I guess I was wrong.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I will give Zach and Boyle this, they can actually move in the pocket. Over 40 Rodgers coming off an ACL injury is going to be like having Flacco back at QB all over again.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

That's what worries me the most about the upcoming season - for those four plays at the start of 2023 Rodgers was running for his life and did not look great doing it. A year and Achilles repair later, I doubt things would have improved.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If I were Rodgers I would be terrified to try and play 8-9 games on that Achilles stealing turf next season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If I were Rodgers I would be terrified to take a snap lest I be smooshed into a pink paste by 300 pound freak humans.

But these are not normal people and your fears don't apply.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mcmagic posted:

The idea that the Jets would get worse production with Rodgers than with Zach Wilson or Tim Boyle is deranged.

Rodgers will produce better as long as he’s upright.

Whether he can stay upright behind a bad o line and unable to move is a completely different question

Though I guess we are just assuming he will produce better because he has at times in the past. So your more hoping than saying anything concrete

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

TheBizzness posted:

The only people that care about what’s going on in New England are Pats fans. You’re yesterday’s news.

Not true, many of us care very much about watching one thousand years of darkness descend upon that organization and take great pleasure in seeing them, and they're terrible fans, eat mountains of poo poo. For instance, when Chandler Jones buried Mac Jones on the field and scored a walk off touchdown in Las Vegas I got an erection that lasted for days.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

CharlestheHammer posted:

Whether he can stay upright behind a bad o line and unable to move is a completely different question

Though I guess we are just assuming he will produce better because he has at times in the past. So your more hoping than saying anything concrete

Jesus Christ it's going to be a long offseason.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 29, 2024

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Presumably the Jets will be making some additions at OL through the draft and/or free agency. Unless Rodgers forces them to burn all roster spots on the likes of *spins wheel* Robert Tonyan and AJ Dillon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Presumably the Jets will be making some additions at OL through the draft and/or free agency. Unless Rodgers forces them to burn all roster spots on the likes of *spins wheel* Robert Tonyan and AJ Dillon.

Yeah, but they'll be Bakhtiari and uh..... Josh Sitton

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Ricky Williams trade for Adams.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CharlestheHammer posted:

There are so many good ways to poo poo all over the Jets that they 100% deserve man. This silliness about Rodgers ain't it. Him playing is like one of like the 3 things they have going for them as a franchise.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

If this was actually proven, would it be like, kicked out of the NFL type punishment? Especially with the move into gambling there's no way they wouldn't come down very hard.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Jesus Christ it's going to be a long offseason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's going to be both a long offseason and a long season just like it's been for most of the last 13 years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

If this was actually proven, would it be like, kicked out of the NFL type punishment? Especially with the move into gambling there's no way they wouldn't come down very hard.

I don't think there's any rule against being a turn coat that would bring the league down on him. The Jets might be able to go after his salary for conduct detrimental to the team.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Show us the proof damnit

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mecole obviously did all of this, it is pure Mecole. Hope the tremendous idiot is back on the Chiefs next year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TheBizzness posted:

Show us the proof damnit

It went something like....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

There is no rule against it. It will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like though... or if he even gets one. Teams might just chalk it up to typical jets dysfunction though.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pats Combine news dump dropped

https://theathletic.com/5305304/2024/02/29/patriots-nfl-scouting-combine-draft/

quote:

The Patriots really want to draft a quarterback with the No. 3 pick. The front office wrapped up its pre-free-agency meetings a week ago and seems to be on the same page that the best way to jump-start this rebuild and yield long-term success is to find a young quarterback in the NFL Draft to build around. The Patriots’ decision-makers know there are a lot of holes on the roster beyond the quarterback position. They know there’s one roster-building sentiment that suggests they’d be wise to improve the rest of the team before dropping a rookie quarterback into it — that a rookie quarterback won’t be set up for success until the rest of the roster is better. But the Patriots look at it like this: If you get the rare chance to draft one of the top prospects at the game’s most valuable position, it’s worth taking a big swing even if the surrounding roster isn’t great. The quarterback position is simply too important to risk passing on one in hopes of maybe landing one a year or two later.
People close to the team said Mac Jones could benefit from leaving the scar tissue that has built up with the Patriots over three offensive coordinators in three years, poor play and several benchings. And the Patriots seem eager to begin a new chapter with a young quarterback who might be better served with an older, veteran backup who’s enthusiastic about helping the young quarterback understand the game and life as a professional.
Their top priorities in free agency, according to team and league sources, are, in order, wide receiver, offensive tackle and tight end.
Speaking of wide receiver, the Patriots could soon be shopping DeVante Parker. Due to the contract extension Belichick gave the now-31-year-old wideout last season, it’s not easy to cut Parker before June 1. If they do, they’d incur more than $6 million in dead cap while opening little additional cap space. But in what could be a bit of a loophole, they could clear more than $3 million in cap space if they trade Parker.
One of the biggest changes for the Patriots as they switch to a new offensive scheme under Alex Van Pelt concerns offensive-line technique. Their new offense will lean on a zone rushing attack, according to a team source, which means they will place more value on athletic linemen as opposed to bulldozing blockers who win with strength. That bodes well for left guard Cole Strange, who has been just OK since the Pats made him a surprise first-round pick in 2022 after he posted top-end athletic scores during the combine.

It's lying szn but supposedly taking a QB at 3 is almost a foregone conclusion.

Try to trade Mac Jones and DeVante Parker (good luck with that)

Obvious free agent targets are obvious but not exactly a lot of top guys to go after, and will they want to join this lovely rebuild

Moving to zone blocking scheme. Line play kinda sucked so sure why not

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

mcmagic posted:

There is no rule against it. It will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like though... or if he even gets one. Teams might just chalk it up to typical jets dysfunction though.

There's really no rule against it? Is there anything to stop teams trying to like, bribe practice squad or bubble guys to give up the game plan or playbook? I guess the difference is one is initiated by the other team and this seems like Hardman did it himself.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I like that Hardman leaked the game plans to two of the Jets best offensive games.

I’m gonna need proof before I believe a single thing coming out of the Jets building.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They fired their backup quarterback for leaking, they fired their assistant GM or whatever for leaking, and now they're saying their backup return guy leaked.

What the hell is going on over there?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Step 1 anti vax
Step 2 government is always listening
Step 3 Super Bowl

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

There's really no rule against it? Is there anything to stop teams trying to like, bribe practice squad or bubble guys to give up the game plan or playbook? I guess the difference is one is initiated by the other team and this seems like Hardman did it himself.

Just do Belichick’s patented move of signing some cast off scrub from the opponent the week before you play them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

They fired their backup quarterback for leaking, they fired their assistant GM or whatever for leaking, and now they're saying their backup return guy leaked.

Very bad leadership at every level.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I thought there's a rule against players communicating with opposing HC/Coordinators/FO during the season (unless they're family), but if he was just texting other players that might not be against the rules. or if he taught the gameplan to a gorilla who knew sign language and then that gorilla told e: should have went with parrot

indigi fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 29, 2024

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua “50 mil a year” Tagovailoa won a pro-am today.

The Dolphins can not stop winning at everything that isn’t an important football game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tua was pretty decent and Dunlap told my
Group that he is “everything he seems. Nicest professional athlete he’s ever met”

All he does is win (exhibitions)

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Let's see if he's there top of the 2nd https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1763562595850543561

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

fsif posted:

Honestly my general feeling is Saleh is paranoid and has no ability to handle the NY media. Whenever they are the slightest bit critical of him he gets a deer in the headlights look and gives a mind boggingly bad answer. Then he scrapegoats whoever as leaking stuff. He might make it as a head coach somewhere else, but the media in NYC is breaking him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Honestly my general feeling is Saleh is paranoid and has no ability to handle the NY media. Whenever they are the slightest bit critical of him he gets a deer in the headlights look and gives a mind boggingly bad answer. Then he scrapegoats whoever as leaking stuff. He might make it as a head coach somewhere else, but the media in NYC is breaking him.

The leadership problem goes way above Saleh. He has nothing to do with Rex Hogan leaking stuff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I agree that it's much more pervasive in the org than just the coaching staff, but if Salah really has no ability to keep anyone in line or at least massage the messaging through the media then he's still an ineffective HC. like even if the owner and FO are more responsible, he does deserve some of the blame because head coaches need good relationships with beat reporters and media skills, and it's clear he lacks both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

indigi posted:

I agree that it's much more pervasive in the org than just the coaching staff, but if Salah really has no ability to keep anyone in line or at least massage the messaging through the media then he's still an ineffective HC. like even if the owner and FO are more responsible, he does deserve some of the blame because head coaches need good relationships with beat reporters and media skills, and it's clear he lacks both

He's the worst coach in the NFL but anyone with the clout and ability to actually succeed here would never be hired by the current organization because there are too many incompetents who are worried about losing their jobs and incompetents who want to preserve their input in decision making.