Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

Not going to White shows that they aren't serious about winning this season.

even Flacco could have done... literally anything more than Wilson did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Diva Cupcake posted:

Whatever support he had from the fan base is being lit on fire.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1594443254451372032

what an immature child :laffo:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sirtommygunn posted:

he's not taking the coaching

it's this and you can't convince me otherwise

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mcmagic you think any team that isn't like 8-2 is a "garbage" or "dogshit". Like do you not have eyes? The Browns and Lions are both feisty teams that get up for their opponent every week and play hard.

To be fair the Vikings are 8-2 and are also garbage/dogshit! :v:

TNF is gonna be hilarious

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

The coin better be wrong today.

The coin is never wrong :unsmigghh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, the San Diego game is absolutely ripe for the taking, so if Tua continues this slump then we've got some real problems.

11-6 makes the playoffs. Just gotta win 3 more games.

They should dumpster the Chargers, SF has an absurd defense and the Chargers... have another Bosa oh no

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

They have a terrible defense, a mediocre at best QB and one all world WR. Very weird team. They are 100% losing their first round playoff game. It would be cool to be in a division where you just get a bye into the playoffs and a home playoff game lol

They also have two stud RBs in Cook and Mattison that can in theory keep the ball out of Cousin’s hands but usually don’t? Weird team.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kalli posted:

I mean, who would they move to right now? It's December, it was a hosed decision, but they're stuck with it for a month and they fire Patricia immediately or the fans gonna get real rowdy.

Pretty much. Damage has already been done.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fsif posted:

What the gently caress happened to Tua

Tua picked "strong WRs" and "weak to Bosas" in the character creation screen

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If the Bills actually resign Beasley I hope they lose out (more than I already do). Gross-rear end anti-vaxx bullshitter

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fsif posted:

This entire thread seems more like they dread watching their teams play than they actually look forward to it.

I've kinda reached a zen state about it, it would be great if the Pats lose out and kick Matty P into the sun but I have zero faith in the Raiders winning or the Fimsh winning in January in NE so they may make the playoffs anyways? Whatever

The Bengos should obliterate them but they could also just give up 69 sacks

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Wilson will probably look okay against the Lions’ dumpster fire D which should enhance the flavor of next week’s QB controversy

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Wilson is gonna do just enough for the rest of the team to carry them to a couple of wins and the media is gonna love him and Jets fans will lose their minds.

Okay but consider the funnier option: he throws a pick-6 on his first play against the Lions :hmmyes:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Can a player be ejected for punching their own player? Asking for Elijah Moore’s sake

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I should probably be upset in some way over that ending but I can't stop laughing at Mac getting pounded into the dirt :laffo:

I don't see them winning another game at this point, fire Patricia please

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

is pepsi ok posted:

Saleh declined to speculate on his Week 17 starter. Chances are, they will go back to White (fractured ribs), but he still hasn't been cleared for contact. If he's not cleared, the Jets will have a tough decision.

"We haven't seen the last of him," Saleh said of Wilson.

You haven't because you work with him, but that doesn't mean we have to :hmmyes:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Schiavona posted:

The defense stepped the gently caress up (even with some dumb Johnson plays), and we saw a running game that we never see.

The Bears defense will make any run game seem good :v:

Stevenson was involved in both disasters the last two weeks, it sucks he's like the one bright spot of this offense :(

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If the Dolphins don't win this weekend I'm gonna have to watch an 18th game of Matt Patricia running the offense? :barf:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mac-jones-reportedly-facing-possible-145523851.html

ZAPPE SZN let's goooooooooooo

Zappe's bad too but I don't care just bring on the chaos at this point

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1607498083138420739?s=20&t=jHFUMMQpamx8s_e0UhXtJw

Goddamnit, there was some speculation about him taking a hit at the end of the 2nd and maybe that being part of the issue, but that really sucks all around.

Threea :smith:

Dude should be done for the year let alone week.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://mobile.twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1608596223279218688

I wasn’t aware this was an issue!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

lol the entire pats secondary is basically out, Hill and Waddle going for 200 yards (each)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

We were all fooling ourselves when we got behind hiring a defensive coach. Defense doesn't matter.

Defense matters but it's not enough when you have the 30ish ranked offense

Breece Hall stays healthy and the Jets are at least the 5 seed

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Phobeste posted:

jetty garoppalo. rolls off the tongue

New York F-35s

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I don't think it would be the right decision but I also don't think it's such a crazy thought. We spent big in FA and spent a bunch of draft capital bringing in proven NFL talent, and the record looks like it might be worse than last year. The offense looked really hot against some very bad teams but there have also been a good number of games where it's looked rotten, and the less said about the defensive side of the ball, the better.

I honestly believe Flores, for all his faults, overperformed his talent level here in Miami in terms of wins. I think McDaniel's first year has underperformed the talent level.

That said, I don't think you're likely to bring in anyone better. Give McDaniel and Grier another year, dump Boyer, when the team is 8-8 again this time in 2024 give them both the boot then.

Getting his franchise QB murdered is probably enough reason on its own to get rid of McDaniel if Ross wants to

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Has Matt Patricia been fired yet?

Pats could have easily been like 12-5 with an actual offensive coordinator. Yes Mac is mediocre but even a mediocre offense instead of atrocious gets a few extra wins. What Patricia did with Bourne this season was criminal.

Defense is shockingly fine? I did not think it would look this strong with JC Jackson leaving

Our Special Teams coach can join Patricia in the rocket.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

CubanMissile posted:

Easily 12-5, lol

They easily could have beat the Raiders, Bengals, Packers, and Vikings with a slightly better offense, maybe 12-5 is a stretch but 11-6 was definitely feasible.

Honestly that game yesterday was winnable if they didn't spot them 14 points on freaking kickoff returns, the Bills, while good, have issues.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 9, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I’m obviously a horribly biased pats homer but I think with a better OC that is a playoff team. That’s more of an indictment of the rest of the division and conference than anything else.

It only would have taken one more win so yeah absolutely, they had almost all the tiebreakers. One and done in the playoffs, probably, but they really should have made it with their schedule.

Fire Matt Patricia.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I don't think it's a fantasy that Matt Patricia sucks

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fsif posted:

No it was just the "they could easily be" mixed with changing the result of every one score game to a win. Agreed that it's not particularly controversial to say the Patriots probably make the playoffs without Matt Patricia.

I don’t really care about words tbh, those were all winnable games sorry, and as noted poster Kyoon Griffey Jr. noted, they only needed one of the four.

Anyways Miami gonna lose by 3TDs this week

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 9, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

TheBizzness posted:

:cry:

Dolphins 17-0 if you change the score of every game they lost down only one score half way through the 4th quarter

I mean if you sat your franchise QB after the Buffalo game instead of giving him permanent brain damage you’d probably be hosting a home playoff game yeah

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

the Jets should absolutely backing up a Brinks truck to his house, yes.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Phobeste posted:

I don’t mind this, happy for jerod. The defense will get worse but bill is there and the personnel is okay now especially if they draft some guys

I'm happy for Mayo but I wish he wasn't going to the poo poo from an rear end Browns. Literally anywhere else man :smith:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

There are kids in high school who weren't born the last time the bills drafted a good RB.

Marshawn Lynch was 2007 :v:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

if the Jets end up with Wentz :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

To be fair I'd play poorly with Matt Patricia or Joe Judge yelling at me too :v:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Raiders are paying Jakobi for the TD he threw to Jones last year

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sirtommygunn posted:

lmao if we get Rodgers and he just refuses to throw to Garrett in favor of his old buddies

The Elijah Moore meltdown Week 4 is going to be tremendous

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So you're saying this will happen if they're both last in their divisions :hmmyes:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tim Whatley posted:

Lmao hope you like false starts Dolfans

https://twitter.com/JumboHart/status/1657761467943247876?t=CxXK0k86IjnTfJiefvPOHw&s=07

And yeah I give it three weeks before he’s hurt again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Maybe Diggs just wants the OC fired? :shrug: