Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Metapod posted:

I hope everyone remembers to let the season simmer a few weeks before saying an embarrassing take

Where's the fun in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

My takes weren't hot enough to be recognized :smith:

Good effort post otherwise, thanks for that.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets finding ways to crush hope for this year without even playing a game, incredible.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If he kept up the "well he could start this week maybe" for 3-4 weeks and just kept sending out Flacco that would look extremely bad.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Bills look like a Superbowl team with some rust to shake off and the Rams look like they'd struggle to reach 6 wins this season.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm so excited for the Jets to make me just as happy as all the Bills fans are today.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm ready to watch the Jets get embarrassed once again.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Let Mike White play

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

People killing Flacco like any QB can produce with this let alone Mike loving White.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1569025617592741888

He's making his own pressure by playing slow. The sacks were both his fault.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Thank god we kept Flacco or this loss might have been embarrassing and unwatchable.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Another Sunday, another Jets loss.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Jets taking like 35 mins in a garbage time drive lol

Then they miss the wide open touchdown by dropping an easy pass on 4th down, perfect Jets football being played today.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I can't wait for Wilson to come back so we can at least throw it more than 5 yards down the field as we get crushed.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

-twitter video-
The Jets are such loving losers that they are even redefining down "moral victories" from playing well and losing a close game at the buzzer on a late kick or something to playing well for like 32 mins of game time in a game that was 24-3 going into garbage time.

'they pointed to their 6 yards per carry average in the first half' then why the gently caress didn't they run more often? The one time in a loving decade that running the ball and playing good defense looked like it might bear fruit, the ball was always in Joe's hands on 3rd and short. 59 god drat passing attempts.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

SpitztheGreat posted:

I honestly have to ask the question: Is Saleh (and his staff) really that much better than Gase? After 18 games they look absolutely lost and this team has no identity.

I don't think they're any better than Gase's crew, save for a lack of embarrassing press conferences. I thought Saleh should be one and done but everyone else believes you gotta give guys 2 years if they haven't done something newsworthy, no matter how obviously bad they are at their job. Wish I got that kind of benefit of the doubt!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You can't expect us to be good, we were so terrible 4 years ago that we went 4-12! Now see, Joe Douglas improved the roster, and I coached them up, which is why last year we went, lemme see here, 4-13.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/jamiestuartTV/status/1569751460371472384

What do they want to have happen? They loving poo poo the bed at home in the opener, they looked lke the worst team in the NFL..... What do they expect the media to say about them? They have been a bottom 3 franchise in the NFL for the last decade. They haven't made the playoffs in MORE THAN TWICE AS LONG as the next team. WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THEM?????????????????????

If the media doesn't have anything nice to say they shouldn't say anything at all

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Genuinely starting to wonder who is actually watching the games with takes like "Joe Flacco is a more exciting QB than Mike White".

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah it's been real miserable for a long time.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Joe Flacco gives us the best chance to win (editors note: actual record with team is 0-8).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You really seem to think Mike White is better. This is funny.

Mike White has won a game as a Jet.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How was Hackenberg so loving bad that not even the Jets would play him?

They picked him for his FOOTBALL IQ but it turns out you need a bare minimum of accuracy to succeed in the NFL and he didn't have it. The football IQ thing was also extremely fake. both things anyone would have known from watching him play a single loving game but clearly the Jets scouts were watching a specific youtube video instead.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets forgot they have to cover the other team's #1 wide receiver. Literally nobody even looking at him.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This Jets game has been decent, I've even enjoyed parts of it. I hope they don't drop the ball in the second half.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I would not have trusted Greg to kick a 57 yarder after last week but it worked out.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Perhaps punting and relying on the defense that had managed to only get the Browns to 4th down TWICE the entire game was not the right call. What a poo poo way to end the game.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

QB who gives the Best Chance to Win is now 0-9 btw.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

QB who gives the Best Chance to Win is now 0-9 btw.

Everyone laugh at this dumb & wrong rear end in a top hat

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Unbelievable finish. Browns just gave up on the Davis touchdown, hosed up the onside kick, and then played prevent defense with over a minute left in TYOOL 2022 until the Jets were near the goal line. Browns coaching staff should take full blame for that loss.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah I still think Saleh played that game poorly but wins will always deflect criticism no matter how fluky.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Kalli posted:

The reffing in that game was worse then the fail-mary that ended the ref lockout.

The scab refs made the right call on the 'fail mary' though. Not their fault the simultaneous catch rule is awful.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

it's not a catch until the feet are down, by which point control over the ball is contested. It does not matter at all who touched it first while they're jumping up, it matters who comes down with it, and both of them had it. Simultaneous catch.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think this exact rule went against the Jets twice in the Jets/Cowboys 2011 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnQ20V88rw&t=4335s

Cromartie clearly has it, Miles Austin grabs it, they go to the ground and neither can take it away, touchdown Cowboys.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 23, 2022

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well, they have to pay a lot in taxes and unlike rich people they don't make their millions in ways that can be hidden by an army of accountants.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Trying to tackle a dude who has 50 lbs on you by just lowering the shoulder rather than wrapping up. Dumbass Whitehead

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If Wilson's out for the game this is over. gently caress

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

If the Jets DL can't have a good game today against this terrible OL they are officially frauds.

Every year the Jets dline is hyped up and every year the Jets dline makes no impact.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

What do you even say to that? Gardner passes Chase to the inside man because its a pick play but the inside man continues to play the inside receiver.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

In everything that can be coached, the Jets consistently fail, and the only bright spot is that a few players have enough talent to look good through this poo poo.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

THATS your 4th down target Joe? Elijah Moore on a go route when he's so well covered you couldn't even see him behind the defender on the broadcast???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Having a bad time watching this Jets game.