Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

If they lose to Burrow and Lamar thats fine but a Jets team that is supposed to be on the upswing should be able to beat bad QBs like Trubisky and Brissett.

Trubisky is still an upgrade over last years Ben. Plus it's been a few years since Ben flat out carried the team. Tomlin is a good coach who can get the most out of his guys.

I say that while I still despise the Steelers and afaic they can go winless for the next 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Hopefully the whole Zach Wilson is ready is just smoke to try and mess with the Ravens. I do wish the season started against any other team though. Even though Flacco is bad, he can at least make easy completions and the offense looked competent last year with him. But the Ravens know him inside and out and are probably going to absolutely wreck him.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Next thread needs a new rule, no posting old Mcmagic takes until after page 10

Edit: if this was a benching they should have brought in someone better to backup. I would expect Flacco to look fine & consistent in camp. But I don't think he will hold up in real games. Plus his age is worrying for when he gets hit.

It just doesn't make sense at all considering they were floating the idea he could play for week 1.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 7, 2022

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I am still mad because I was supposed to see Rammstein on the Pledge Of Allegiance tour, but they got arrested in Baltimore the night before because they played their set almost nude (it was a Halloween thing). Instead we got an extended set from American Head Charge who are just as bad live as you would expect.

gently caress Baltimore

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Zach still has believers who know more than me.

Trey Lance started 2 games last season and still had 5 TDs Vs Wilson's 9 in 12 games. Lance is going to start on a team that just got to the AFC Championship game and has a system that is incredibly QB friendly. I would think Lance has a better shot at a good season then Wilson.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

ZERO VOTES SYZPID

e:RammsteinChat has me punchy today.

Lol it's all good Diva. I think the Niners were in the weird position of trying to get trade value for Jimmy G while also knowing they could get stuck with him so there wasn't much Lance hype.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Lol I am in the midst of moving and just looked at the Box Score. Old as dirt Flacco throwing over 50 times is insanity. Probably could have gotten Jimmy G for a 7th and his caphit comes off after the season. Nope, Flacco is the answer for almost a Quarter of the season. The guy who did not even want to be here.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

fsif posted:

Wait WHAT

When you have Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco you gotta give him the ball and let him win the game

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

This coaching staff has no idea what they are doing.

This dogshit GM and the coaching staff couldn't shut up about how they wouldn't miss a beat with Flacco so I guess we should take them at their word. They have no idea what they are doing no matter who the QB is. Losers who will never win anything.

Mcmagic man, we tell you this all the time, the coaches/front office are never going to say that a player sucks in a press conference. That's why it was so shocking that the Colts bad mouthed Wentz even with him on a different team.

Even if they know Flacco sucks they aren't going to say it because if they are looking to trade for a better backup QB if a team knows they are desperate they are going to get squeezed.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If your going to hire a defensive coach, at least hire someone from a defense first team. Plus if your going to get a first time head coach who was a DC previously, at least get a known quantity for OC. Getting a first time OC because his brother is good is in hindsight a horrible move.

Saleh's defenses weren't that impressive until the unit was loaded with Talent

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Going to be hilarious when Geno finishes the season with better stats then Flacco/Wilson combined

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I just saw that Scott Frost was fired. I figured he was never leaving Nebraska. Haven't the Jets been interested in him for HC just about every time they have had an opening?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

Mcmagic I am honestly concerned that you aren't going to survive this season.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
White and Flacco both suck. At least between the two White is playing for his career, Flacco is just there for a check. But it's all just re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic.

They should have traded for or signed someone better then White, instead of gambling that Wilson would be back from his injury early. Now they won't trade for someone because "Well Mike White knows the system so we're more comfortable with him" but they could have gotten someone up to speed, considering Wilson got hurt game 1 of the preseason. So now it's just shrug shoulders we're stuck with Flacco. Hopefully if Flacco sucks this week they at least give White a game to play cause he can't be any worse.

As much as I would have liked them keeping Streveler around, it's not like his CFL stats were all that impressive. I would have been happy with him as a 3rd string or practice squad guy and that's about it.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was thinking about it, and the best season during the last decade was the one team that had a good backup QB going into camp. It's amazing.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like, I know he played a bit in one of those now defunct spring leagues. Can’t remember which one because it’s totally irrelevant and not worth remembering. And I know he looked like absolute garbage in it. Which only makes me sadder that we didn’t get to see him against an NFL defense.

He played a lot for the Eagles in preseason when I think Carson Wentz was still recovering from his injury and they didn't want to risk Nick Foles. Hack looked just as bad playing against second half last game preseason scrubs as he did in the AAF. He was truly incredibly bad and I don't doubt for a second that he threw multiple balls into the reporters area during both Jets camps he was at.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I feel like it's been years since the Jets had a trick play go right.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

They had like 5 go right literally last year lol

LOL, I kind of stopped watching after the half of most games. Oh well, my memory is shot too.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
LOL they reported that Flacco was going back and forth with the offensive unit telling them "We're going to get it back" before that drive. So of course they immediately go 4 & Out.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
LMAO WTF I Can't believe I'm still watching this game. Man, so crazy. I was worried all those Flacco passes over the middle for 5 yards that were dropped were going to eventually kill us. Dam how long has it been since the Jets started the season 1-1?!?!?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Joe Flacco's first game winning drive since 2016

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

LOL @ the Ravens giving up 6 TDs to Tua. They suck.

Is there more then 5 QBs that you have a positive opinion of in the whole NFL?

I enjoy seeing Tua win, especially against the Ravens. I really want to see him succeed just because people are so angry about him.

If there's 1 thing I'm going to complain about with the Jets atm, it's seeing Hill & AJ Brown catch anything that comes near them and wishing the Jets would have made a move for one of them or another top tier WR that was available. But yea I'm going to be happy about this win till Wednesday.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
AFC East 2022: Laughing at your 99.9% Win Percentage

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

The Dolphins got lucky that Hill forced his way to them rather than the Jets but you put those 2 WRs around any QB with a pulse and he'll likely look good.

Maybe it helps that the Dolphins look much more competent then the Jets along with the Dolphins having an offensive minded coach. Why would anybody with options choose the Jets over 2/3rds of the league?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

I saw this come across Old Takes Exposed but look at these hilarious overthrows.

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1241734061003100160

Diva why do you have to out McMagic's twitter account like that?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I am all in for the second coming of Chad Pennington in Tua

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

2017 was the Josh McCown Jets and the Jay Cutler Dolphins and both teams offenses have only gotten worse since then, and the Patriots have taken a step back too. So that's an easy 6 games a year without giving up more then 1 pass TD.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

TheBizzness posted:

If only the Jets could get a sweet, wonderful, young man to play QB like the Dolphins and Bills have found.

Next year is the year we draft the right guy. 3rd times the charm

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Yea I love Mangold, probably top 5 Jet for me. I always found it weird that he gets hurt once and that was basically it for his career. I remember there was some talk of him signing with the Giants that year and then nothing.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

gently caress Russia straight to hell to be honest so I’m fine with this sticker.

Jets going to win.

seconding this, it's almost kind of surprising to see someone who was in the Trump admin supporting Ukraine.

Ehud posted:

I guess Woody Johnson’s wife is from Ukraine?

That probably has something to do with it.

Oh it's this. Googling him now I've discovered that he gave both his kids with her the middle name Woody. To be Jack Woody Johnson and in High School.

Also I can't blame Saleh for talking to Trump? I'm sure Woody gave him the call, or Trump knows enough that his handlers just tell people "a former president wants to speak to you" so people actually answer.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Because why is a sports team in the US inserting itself into a war that is on the other side of the world that is pretty much just a bonanza for military contractors? It's weird and gross.

On one level I agree with you, cause magically the United States has endless money for a war across the world but not for it's own citizens. But I feel like you can separate that from the fact that the Russians in Ukraine have been pretty monstrous (without going too deep into a political discussion in this forum) and just showing support for Ukraine doesn't really cost anything or mean anything to the teams and the NFL. It's probably less evil then when the NFL goes all Pink to support breast cancer and keeps a ridiculous amount of money raised via pink merchandise for themselves instead of actually going to a good cause.

Also old article, but it's not like the Jets are the only team/athlete showing support for Ukraine

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jeremyhayes/how-athletes-are-supporting-ukraine

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I stopped watching at the Half cause I knew the Bills/Dolphins game was going to be so much better and I regret nothing. My GF was also groaning about having to watch anymore of Flacco.

I am angrier at the Jets for not going for the TD before the half. Your down by 2 TDs and you get the ball back after the half. Take a shot, you have nothing to lose. Playing for the FG was cowardly. I expected 0-3 to start the season, so I guess this looks better, but you take away those insane 2 minutes with Cleveland and this team might honestly look worse then last year.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I forget did Doug Pederson even interview for the Jets job? I probably wanted them to but I feel like they never even showed any interest in him. The Jags have been better coached in all 3 games this season then the Jets at any point under Saleh.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Is Hoyer really still QB#2? Maybe it's time to trade Flacco or White.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I love early season power rankings when writers have undefeated teams lower then winless or 1 win teams.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Wasn't it a few seasons ago the Jets brought in Hoyer for a workout and were like "nah we will go with the 2 practice squad guys"

This Jets team feels like the Kotite era team. The talent is there but the coaching is not. I wish they would just open the safe for whatever Payton wanted to come here. But they will probably give Saleh one more season for no good reason.

Given how cursed the team is they will probably hire Super Bowl winner mike mccarthy after Jerry fires him for Payton.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The Pats are going 0-4 with Hoyer. Why rush Mac back when you can just play out the season with Hoyer and Zappe and get a high pick?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Dolphins are #1 in my power rankings.

Jets are #2 cause those 2 minutes in the win a week ago were the greatest 2 minutes of the season.

Subscribe to my patreon for the rest of my rankings.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Fully guaranteed contracts is the only way your going to stop this. And even then probably not guys in the final year of their deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think I'm skipping the Jets game today for the Eagles/Jags. I hate the Steelers, and I have had my full of Mitch Trubistky games already.