Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tua is a good boy who always does his homework and helps little old ladies cross the street and this is how he gets treated. Says a lot about the people ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think everyone outside of a small subset of Bills true believers were forced to admit that one.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Kalli posted:

I mean Cam did start out pretty well last year though? He just almost immediately got covid / hurt and proceeded to look like dogshit. Opening two games were pretty optimistic.

Yeah using him with their power run game was legitimately scary until he broke down. It's why I didn't buy any of the talk about them drafting Mac. I thought they had something there and were gonna pursue a Ravens style offense.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

bills have 4 turnovers and they're still gonna blow out the superbowl champs on the road, jesus christ

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think the Dolphins can work around the Bills d-line with quick passes and play action.

I do not think they can possibly keep pace with their scoring though. As long as Allen is still in the psycho-mode he was in during the playoffs last year the Bills D just needs to not be a total disaster.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Back in 2010 my gf (now wife) got us really good tickets to the Jets game on MNF for my birthday. Well we lost, and a couple weeks later she surprised me with tickets again (this time against the Steelers) because she wanted me to see the Dolphins win. These were, very understandably, much worse seats because money was tight back then.

So I tell one of my coworkers that I'm going to the game on Sunday and he says he'll be there too because one of his vendors is from Pittsburgh and they got a skybox at the game and invited him, so we made plans to meet up at halftime. We get to the game and we're way up in the nosebleeds, but the Dolphins jump out to an early lead and things are looking good. At halftime I give my buddy a call and we meet up at the concessions. He tells me there's plenty of room in the skybox and invites me and my gf to come by.

I go and tell my gf the ~good news~ and she stares into my soul and says "what's wrong with the seats I got us?" Now on one hand I'm clearly loving up here. But on the other hand, I've never been to a skybox before and the Dolphins are winning so I can't pass up this opportunity.

We get there and of course the Steelers start mounting a comeback. They end up down 2 on the goal line late in the 4th. Then this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRInQyUV16k

The refs gently caress up what is a clear fumble and recovery, the Steelers get the TD, everyone in the skybox is celebrating and high fiving, my gf is staring daggers into me, and I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

One other quick story: my friend's wife went all out for him on his 40th birthday and got him first row lower bowl seats plus a limo to the game. It ended up being the Tebow Appreciation Night game.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1568618171493392385?t=YAbYj4gJEhliMVJxX4cUHw&s=09

Let's check that forecast for tomorrow:

Lookin good :coolfish:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Driving down to my dad's to watch the game. Last time I did this we lost 35-0 and Tua had his ribs smashed into dust so, hoping for a better outcome here.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lol, so glad the commentators creamed themselves over the Pats getting a few first downs

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:coolfish:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

tarbrush posted:

What I like about this new offence is the fact that we're getting random bullshit big plays.

It's still not great and Tua looks bad, but that one part is nice

Tua looks great, the line looks like poo poo

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

He's 18/23 for 210 and a TD with someone in his face every other down, what more do you want lol

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Adam Archuletta is dumb as a loving brick

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm so happy :unsmith:

Big shout out to the unexpected MVPs Edmonds and Kohou

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think the Pats are going to beat most the teams that they can run on. The Dolphins defensive front is really really good.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1569303383948795905

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fsif posted:

Okay but that post DID get me to check the one true advanced metric, Trent Dilfer's QBR. Guess the Patriots offense WAS worse than the Cowboys's!

(Allen is 2nd behind Mahomes, Tua is 5th!)

That stat just loving loves Tua for some reason. The explanation I always saw last year was that he's really good at avoiding sacks, which he did avoid a few, but he also took a few due to holding on the ball for too long.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Any word on Terron Armstead’s availability?

I haven't seen any updates on him, Jackson, or Little.

The only news on Jackson was that it was an ankle injury. Little went back in the game so I guess he's ok but he sucks so who cares.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I definitely agree that decision making is the most fixable of Tua's problems. I don't why it is but he plays safe smart football for 90% of the game and then the other 10% it's the keystone cops out there.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1570444601143578625?s=20&t=HCfN6Vr2nqt6yahFrizbmg

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hoping the Ravens learned zero lessons and made zero adjustments since the last game.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't belive this line is actually holding up so far. Tua looks great with no pressure in his face.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Welp. That kinda looked like Tyreek should have had it but I need to see another angle.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

CubanMissile posted:

Gonna be a long day phins fans.

They said on the pregame that the Dolphins haven't won in Baltimore since 97 :negative:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ehud posted:

miami will never be good again and that's fine because we all have a lot of other things in our lives that we find fulfilling

The Heat own and are an extremely well run organization. I always hang my hat on that.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I don't think he got it but I feel like the call is gonna stand

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Hell yeah, get that 4th down stop and we're back in this

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

YEAH BOOOOOOOOOY

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

We even got off the goal line. Huge!!!!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Waddling irl right now

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's so loving exciting when Waddle or Hill get the ball in space

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Unreal. That drive was everything I dreamed of in the offseason.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

fsif posted:

Tyreek the decoy

He's been worth every penny. What a game changer.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Those one step slants were the adjustment they made in the last game and it was working, they just ran out of time.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yikes

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Getting flipped over on your back counts as reestablishing your balance lmao

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

jesus the entire defense misread that

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dolphins defense has 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, and 0 PDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Tua has actually played pretty decently outside of that pick before the half. I'm sorry Tua.

Me getting off the Tua Train: