Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They made the playoffs with a worse QB last year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If we want a more contemporary example, you did just say that calling Zach Wilson bad means that you had your brain broke by Bills fans' wishful thinking.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Hold on now, fsif. you're twisting his words. he said it was way too early to give up on Wilson despite your post basically treating Wilson being a bust as a fait accompli.

I'm trying to launch a new mcmagic meme and I don't need nuance getting in the way.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man I don't know if I've ever jonesed so hard for the start of football.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Redeye Flight posted:

Noted Posters: Magicpants

Stopped posting after the Patriots lost in the Wild Card round.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Promise to bump that thread with me if they win the SB?

I'll meet you there, brother.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao Irvan come on.

Half of them homered out on the losers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just went to look up this thread at the beginning of the Josh Allen ascent. After the Week One victory over the Jets, taste called his shot:

t a s t e posted:

Please, he’ll get there [to the AFC conference game] this year

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cool now do Oliver

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1567528706066857985

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh wait, best take from that thread…

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Cam was pretty amazing tonight. Guy still has his arm. That loss was much more impressive than just bulldozing a bad Dolphins team.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm not disputing that Cam was good in that particular game, but like, come on. It was a fairly reasonable take at the time that ended up being dead wrong going forward.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay yeah, it definitely didn't qualify as "best take from the thread."

Anyway hope you guys have been enjoying my blurbs on Rotoworld:

quote:

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson (knee) will miss at least the season's first four weeks.

Saleh said he wants Wilson to recover physically and mentally after suffering a preseason knee injury that required surgery. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Wilson "had no setbacks" in his recovery. As NFL Network's Gregg Rosenthal said, "This feels like a benching." After a miserable rookie season in which he posted the league's lowest completion rate over expected, Wilson reportedly was inconsistent throughout Jets training camp. Perhaps Saleh is conceding that the team's offense is in much better hands with Flacco or third-stringer Mike White under center.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I didn't think too much of the "Flacco will start the first four games" at first but it is actually incredibly weird if Wilson's already healthy. They are legitimately giving Flacco a chance to win the starting job outright.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

But all of the reports said that Wilson looked good in camp and was generally much improved?

Then why won't they start him if he's healthy?

Like Week One on limited practice, fine I guess (although just about every other starting QB would still get the nod)… but an additional two weeks? For a player that's healthy? He's not a rookie!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Because he’s obviously not fully healthy? Who said he was fully healthy?

The Rotoworld blurb and this Connor Hughes hit led me to believe he was 100%, but not 110%. Anyway, if he's not healthy then that's that, but it's still odd that Saleh would do A Gamesmanship for a very unlikely Week 1 start but doesn't leave himself gamesmanships on the table for Weeks 2 and 3.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Also plz don't get your football news from Rotoworld blurbs.

I saw it then cross-checked with a beat reporter that said, "The Jets have insisted from the very beginning to wait until Zach Wilson is 100% before he returns to the field—apparently that's not totally true. Robert Saleh said on Wednesday that they actually want him to be 110%." Come on! How else was I supposed to interpret that?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Oh I was referring more to the bit about it being a stealth benching and that Wilson had a bad camp (which is something flatly refuted by pretty much every Jets beat guy).

I mean if Saleh at the press conference did say "Yeah he's 100%, but not 110% and we're not starting him until at least Week 4" that would definitely be a stealth benching. But Saleh didn't say that. My afternoon is ruined.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills by a billion

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Can't believe in five hours I get to see Josh Allen.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bench Crowder and free Shakir

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Guess we don't need Daboll

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pretty into this game so far

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

McKenzie back to the bench for another 9 weeks

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean so far the defense looks kind of loving good

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't feel like Moss has been that bad this game? He's not the guy that fumbled lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It was more a bad throw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

man the Bills are really going to go into the half without the lead, huh?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Jordan Phillips is apparently the best defensive lineman in football

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoisedAngryAidi-mobile.mp4

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Dolphins gonna win the division.

I'll cope by saying a tie game is pretty good for a half with three loving turnovers

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Well we have a pass rush that can finish now

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just make Singletary the lead back lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah but I really want the Allen bombs

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

he's so loving good

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

th3t00t posted:

:smug: you were saying?

lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

th3t00t posted:

12 touches 24%(leads the team) for 36 yards 8.5% of the bills total yards. And 1 fumble

3 yards a touch.

Can we stop feeding a sub replacement level scrub like he’s a star?

And they're still up 21.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

t a s t e posted:

This is a demolition. 4 turnovers and they still beat the brakes off the rams

They did so much stupid poo poo this game and are sleep walking to a rout against what was considered the second best team. gently caress me

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

th3t00t posted:

if the plan is to give Moss 24% of the offensive touches this season it’s going to cost us wins.

And it’s not like it stopped Josh from taking hits either. Which was everybody’s argument for wanting to “establish the run” with Moss.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you. Just further driving home the point that they left a lot of meat on the bone with their offense and they STILL dominated.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pasaluki posted:

Wow what a game.
Dorsey did a great job at playcalling too

Gotta wonder a little bit how the Giants are feeling right about now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's nice to hear about Elam. Thanks for sharing the updates, Crazy.

Kalli posted:

I mean Bills good, but Rams are probably about 40% superbowl hangover 40% weaker roster, 20% September doldrums from not like, you know, doing anything in the preseason. I'd give the last more credence but well, hasn't affected the Rams before.

Either way, it's week 1, I'll consider the Rams as done if they're playing like this in October.

Let me make a really pedantic fanboy point here and say the "Super Bowl hangover" isn't usually used to refer to the team that wins the Super Bowl and that the Super Bowl champion was like 4-16 in their kick off games.