Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If they lose to Burrow and Lamar thats fine but a Jets team that is supposed to be on the upswing should be able to beat bad QBs like Trubisky and Brissett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yes. Mcmagic is doing his yearly thing where he has penciled in every offseason move and draft pick the Jets have made to work perfectly, so if they lose to anyone last year that was below .500 it's an abject disaster.

I literally never do that other than in your weird fever dreams about owning me in this thread.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Trubisky is still an upgrade over last years Ben. Plus it's been a few years since Ben flat out carried the team. Tomlin is a good coach who can get the most out of his guys.

I say that while I still despise the Steelers and afaic they can go winless for the next 5 years.

He still sucks and losing to a team QBd by him would be disappointing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I said that any player the jets drafted this season is going to step in and be great right away? Really?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You're gonna go back to the post from 5 years ago about the skill group right? Is that the best you've got?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I feel like Diva and I are usually more positive/optimistic about the Jets than mcmagic is? Other than the skill position post of course

As I explained a million times, the skill position post was made assuming that the Jets were getting a healthy Bell who had been a hall of fame caliber back for the entirety of his career before he signed with the Jets. Of course the fact that Bell was washed at 25 years old for some reason made it look dumb.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

In general.. he's not! But I think he has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to evaluating young players and journeymen acquisitions - particularly in how they compare to similar players on different teams. So then he falls into the trap of expecting the Jets to always beat teams with quote "loser quarterbacks". In reality it's like, dude you have no idea what this Jets team is going to be, so don't start penciling in automatic wins over the Steelers.

I didn't loving pencil in anything!!!! I said IF the jets are an improved team they SHOULD beat bad QBs!!!! It's a completely reasonable non controversial thing to say!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There are no NFL teams with CB depth lol. It's like Tackle depth.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Woah, the Patriots have a long list of mediocre dudes to throw at you.

How many of them are from Rutgers?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

No!!! (Though I assume this means Bam Knight will be back on the PS)

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1567229830546001923?s=21

I thought the Jets were collecting all the midget WRs?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Do Jets fans want him to start week one? I feel like if it were my team I’d rather him wait another week.

Whats the point in hiding him?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

whatis posted:

I don't really dislike the dolphins. Of all the bills' division rivals, they're probably the only team I could see myself supporting if they went on a run. But with all that said, outside of Tom Brady, I've never been more invested in seeing a QB eat poo poo than I am with Tua. He's such a stupid weenie and I want him to poop his pants on gameday

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Redeye Flight posted:

MCMAGIC CONTENT WARNING: McMagic is the Jets' most prolific poster in this thread and possibly the most prolific poster in the thread, period. He is also CONTROVERSIAL. McMagic is absolutely guaranteed to hold the hell out of whatever opinion might be in question at the moment, and will defend it at length whether it is right or wrong (he's a pretty aight poster). It is important to recognize when this is happening and do not engage. Allow veteran thread posters to handle the situation. This is especially true when the Jets are actually playing football.

Note that thread may contain multiple other AFC East fan regulars and irregulars who I have not mentioned due to forgetting them like a dipshit.

Is this the really perception of me? That I do hot takes that i don't really believe in and just argue them just to argue? I feel like if an opinion I have ends up being wrong I usually just admit it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I don't think he said you had hot takes. Just strong opinions.

What the hell is the point of watching sports if you don't have strong opinions lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You don't think Colts fans were livid at the way last year ended?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

I don't think mcmagic is a hot take artist, he is just take bunkered on whatever he says most of the time. Sometimes he will admit he was wrong, but he will usually just go down with the ship. For example, he would never admit Tua is good

I admitted Josh Allen was good..

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Douglas really got caught with his pants down on the OL. Didn’t he heh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

I feel like that's better news than I was expecting. Obviously still a small disaster, though.

self inflicted disaster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mark Andrews is going to have like 300 yards and 8 TDs today because when the opposing team's best offensive weapon is a TE the Jets NEVER are able to stop them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Who's the 3rd OT with McDermott down lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Grant Hermanns lmfao

Week 1 and we're already doing this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Just don't get blown out.....

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Flacco looks about a billion years old.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It wouldn't be week 1 without red zone streaming being hosed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cory Davis is such loving poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Davis should have caught it but that was a bad pass caused by bad pass protection.

A starting NFL WR has to catch that. It hit him in the body. They should bench him for Wilson like right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gently caress this team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is every Jet game for the last 11 years. Defense starts out ok, pathetic non competitive offense can't do anything and the D quickly wears down.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Imagine starting overrated droplord piece of poo poo Corey Davis over Garrett Wilson.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is Mac Jones eating poo poo? thats nice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Clearly PI on Moore not called and of course our kicker is dogshit because that has to be.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's deep into the 2nd quarter and the Jets have 0 points. Typical.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I agree with Mcmagic that this was sort of the script from last year, but the Ravens have 59 yards so far. Defense is *dominating*. That never happened last year even where they had their finger in the dam for a quarter or two.

The Ravens offense is terrible, their starting LT and 2 best RBs are out. They have Lamar, Andrews and a bunch of bad WRs and horrible RBs. They aren't good. Their D isn't any good either and the Jets have 0 loving points.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Let Mike White play

Yes. It can't be worse than this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It loving rules to bail out practice squad WRs on balls that are 0% to be caught with game changing PI calls. NFL baby.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bryce Hall lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don’t even think that was bad coverage. He made a play.

I mean he got outfought for the ball by a no 4 WR.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's actually the law that the Jets have to get like the 36th best QB play in the league every year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Salah thrilled at that FG. 3 POINTS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dig up all those completely full of poo poo quotes from Douglas and Saleh about how much Flacco is a starting QB and how much faith they have in him playing lol.