Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Braden Mann is unmitigated dogshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL @ no hold against Clemons there. Refs loving over the Jets in midseason form!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Well thats the game. Defense played pretty good for like 2.3 Quarters so moral victory, right!??

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm fine if they fire Saleh and Douglas. This team is dogshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Joe Douglas is 13-37 as the Jets GM. Fire him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

Couple of really head scratching plays by Tua, same as last year.

Can't even enjoy tua being bad because even as much as he sucks of course the Jets have a worse QB.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jets taking like 35 mins in a garbage time drive lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

60% of a real NFL team! All Breaks No Gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buncha loving losers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Everyone involved with a QB throwing it 52 times with a 5.4YPA should be fired. That is not NFL football in 2022.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fuller has been ruthlessly mugging Jet WRs all game and they give him the gift OPI.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol this loving kicker

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets need to beg Sean Payton to take 20 million a year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The Jets need to beg Sean Payton to take 20 million a year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Congrats I guess at having competent starting corners.

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1569068270770069504

Yeah and they STILL gave up THREE long TD passes to probably the worst passing game in the NFL because CB's don't loving matter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets basically lost that game because of: (1) three big plays in the passing game, one on blanket coverage by Hall, one where Whitehead was out of position, and the deep ball where Bateman ran right by Joyner (2) Mann's dogshit 20 yard punt, and (3) several drive-killing mistakes, mostly the Davis drop and the Conklin/Breece fumbles. The corners definitely matter.

They lost the game because they are playing a 97 year old at QB who physically can't run a decent 2022 caliber NFL offense. And because their OL sucks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

When you have Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco you gotta give him the ball and let him win the game

This coaching staff has no idea what they are doing.

This dogshit GM and the coaching staff couldn't shut up about how they wouldn't miss a beat with Flacco so I guess we should take them at their word. They have no idea what they are doing no matter who the QB is. Losers who will never win anything.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 12, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Mcmagic man, we tell you this all the time, the coaches/front office are never going to say that a player sucks in a press conference. That's why it was so shocking that the Colts bad mouthed Wentz even with him on a different team.

Even if they know Flacco sucks they aren't going to say it because if they are looking to trade for a better backup QB if a team knows they are desperate they are going to get squeezed.

Their ACTIONS are that they traded actual draft assets for Flacco then signed him again as a FA this year for a high paid backup contract when they had Mike White here. They didn't acquire another backup when Wilson got hurt, they chose to start Flacco over White and Streveler and when we all saw Flacco playing like he played today they didn't even think of benching him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1569090287225503744

The Jets are such loving losers that they are even redefining down "moral victories" from playing well and losing a close game at the buzzer on a late kick or something to playing well for like 32 mins of game time in a game that was 24-3 going into garbage time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gase won 7 games in his first season. Saleh will likely never do that. Lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Saleh's Jets teams have done literally nothing on the field in the time he's been here to make anyone think he's a good coach.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 12, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah I didn't really notice Mitchell much during the game, which is definitely a positive. Hopefully Fant will play better once he's not getting ping-ponged between the tackle spots.

The most concerning performance was Tomlinson's, easily. Seemed like was getting put on skates every snap in pass pro.

No NFL teams have 5 great OL in 2022. QBs are under pressure all over the league and you have to be able to make plays under pressure. Enter the Jets who think they can start a 97 year old QB who can't move AT ALL and think they have any chance of winning games. Just complete and utter incompetence from the GM who double and triple downed on Flacco to the coaching staff who didnt even think of starting White and Streveler over him and didn't even think of pulling him when it was clear that they had no chance of scoring points at all yesterday. They CHOSE to start a QB who needs perfect protection to be successful at all when NO QBs IN THE NFL get loving perfect protection. They are all incompetents and unserious people who have ZERO idea how to actually win in this league.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 12, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol Flacco had the 2nd best PFF grade in the AFCe this week.

PFF has beclowned themselves.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

LOL at the expansion team comment.

I have two views on this. On one hand, he’s a coach, what do you expect him to say? On the other, the Robert Saleh motivational soundbites are going to get stale fast this year if the team doesn’t get its act together.

That expansion team won more games that he has. What does that say about his coaching?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1569485301315416066

<3

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Seahawks have less talent (or at least equal talent) than the Jets do and Geno loving Smith as their QB and they are like 10 billion times more ready to play than the Jets were. I'm like 95% out on the Jets coaching staff at this point.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 13, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1569491772358950913

Good season Jamal

Jason Myers still good like 4 years after the Jets let him walk for no reason.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 13, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

What would make you happiest: a Joe Douglas avatar, a Bob Saleh avatar, or a Mekhi Becton avatar?

Save your money lol.

Do you think the Jets win that game if Geno is playing QB?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Paul Hackett was a terrible OC and should be ashamed.

Paul Hackett's jet offenses look like the 98 Rams compared to the offensive football we've watched for the last 11 years other than 15.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/jamiestuartTV/status/1569751460371472384

What do they want to have happen? They loving poo poo the bed at home in the opener, they looked lke the worst team in the NFL..... What do they expect the media to say about them? They have been a bottom 3 franchise in the NFL for the last decade. They haven't made the playoffs in MORE THAN TWICE AS LONG as the next team. WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THEM?????????????????????

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 13, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean great but I can’t imagine much quality still out there to be had.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1569778489267523589

I mean I'm just an idiot on a dead comedy forum but why do I have a better idea how to build an NFL OL than a GM who gets paid 6 million dollars a year?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1569827902287450114

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Teams ALL OVER THE LEAGUE were facing talent deficits and injuries including the Ravens who were without their 1 and 2 RBs and LTs and the Jets literally looked like the worst team in the NFL and this fanbase is just fed up with it. You had bad teams all over the league in games and the Jets were completely non competitive on offense and special teams and it's just not good enough. Too many mistakes. Too much shooting yourself in the foot.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Were they actually non-competitive on offense? Serious question and I'm not trying to be glass half full. They shat the bed in some key moments, but I don't know if that means they were totally hopeless on that side of the ball. Without some of those mistakes they maybe lose 24-17 or something like that, and I think fans have a totally different reaction to the game in that scenario.

And that's not to say we shouldn't be pissed about the game. There was a ton to be frustrated about, Joe Flacco throwing the ball 60 times and the obsession with 13 personnel in the first half (at Garrett Wilson's expense) top among them. But I don't think they got boatraced by the Ravens like some seem to be saying.

And yes, mcmagic, I know moral victories aren't enough, they need to win games, etc.

They had 3 points until after the game was over and in garbage time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

So you ignored my post, got it.

From my perspective, any team that loses and plays like poo poo can point to a few plays and say "oh man if those went differently or if we didn't gently caress up in X number of ways we would've been in the game!" The results are what they are.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

100%, I'm not disagreeing with that. Losing is losing regardless of how it happens. The Jets aren't a good enough team to make a bunch of mistakes against a team like the Ravens and win. The coaches and the team should be held accountable for that.

But I don't think the alarm bells need to be ringing, either. I think playing mostly competitive football (except for on STs; I agree they were poo poo there) and losing because of 5-6 key plays is a better outcome, especially for a young team that should should improve over the course of the year, than getting pummeled from the first snap. I'm not throwing them a parade or anything, it was a lovely deflating loss, but small victories are still victories at the end of the day.

Nice.

I just don't agree that in the 2022 NFL if you're scoring 3 points when the game is in question you are playing anything close to competitive football. The rules massively favor the offense, you added a bunch of supposed offensive playmakers and you still don't look like a NFL caliber offense. Teams all over the league are scoring points with bad QBs and mediocre skill players other than the Jets. And this isn't the Ed Reed and Ray Lewis Ravens, they were the 32nd ranked passing D in the NFL last year!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1570075940927021057

Here come the injuries.

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1570077278335537158
I feel like my brain is turning into mush................. NO QBs IN THE loving NFL HAVE CLEAN POCKETS. NONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF ALL YOU NEEDED WAS A GUY WHO COULD WIN FROM A CLEAN POCKET YOU COULD GO SIGN DAN MARINO AND HAVE HIM PLAY QB!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 14, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mike Francesa said on his podcast today (don't ask me why I listen to Mike Francesa's podcast) that the Jets are going to be sold in the next few years.

Professor Funk posted:

Mcmagic I am honestly concerned that you aren't going to survive this season.

I will be less upset once it's clear that it's just another dogshit season and all the (modest) optimism for the new season goes away.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 14, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

This seems completely made up. Why would any NFL owner sell unless forced to or by death? They print money and their multi-billion dollar asset appreciates far faster than anything else they could park their money in.

I give this 0 chance.

Maybe this is wishful thinking but Woody Johnson is also 75, doesn't have any kids old enough to actually take the team over and is more interested in chud politics than the Jets and the team has also just been horrifically bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The prestige for billionaires is in the bragging rights to other billionaires, not the plebs. Woody owns an NFL team in New York while they don't.

Plebs care about things like winning games.

I think this is wrong. There is no group of people where the Jets aren't a laughingstock. Wasn't Woody just trying to buy some dumb PL team a few months ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mike White is a bad QB and just as immobile as Flacco. He's not going to be the long-term backup and he's probably not even going to be on the team beyond this year.

You can make a thin argument to play Strevy until Zach gets back based on mobility and his nothing else to lose style gameplay, but let's be honest he's probably also not good. He only played in the preseason against Home Depot employees. He's a scout team QB with no actual practice reps. He also requires you to make adjustments to your offense that you probably don't want to make with Zach coming back in a week or two. Playing Flacco is fine for another week. Hopefully Zach can play against the Bengals.

I don't know how you could have watched the way Flacco moved and think it's a good idea to start him against the Browns and that DL. No QB in the NFL is as immobile as Flacco, including White. It's not like he was getting the ball out quickly anyway and White did that when he played last year. They have literally nothing to lose. Playing Flacco and thinking you have any chance to win that game seems just completely insane to me.