Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Can we go back and finish that game of solitaire now?

Anticheese posted:

But I can't tell if it's an intentional Star Citizen joke.

Neither can I. If the player character had mentioned it was still in development, even in (appropriate-cyberpunk-distancing) years later, well then that'd be our answer

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

By popular demand posted:

I have a distinct feeling that we won't find the kid merely having good consensual fun in there.
:magical:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Just like the current day online experience most of the people you meet are terrible wastes of time and oxygen.

Yeah, I'll give the story this so far, all we're missing is someone telling us we're doing everything wrong and should be doing it this way, and a person deciding to die on some unrelated hill.

It really is the online world.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
That's a RIP for Dark Vengeance the Ex-Esports Superstar :rip:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Inadequately posted:

Well, that was our first case over with. Not the most glamorous of cases, but on the plus side we’ll see much less of the Haggis family going forward, and no more of Pervertland. Surely there can’t be anywhere to go but up, right?

Well, I'd give a click and a blink (the universal gamer signal) to that, but your previous comments suggests somehow we can go down from here.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Ah, stuck in literal lootbox farming hell. A job that's existed since real money could be extracted from online multiplayer games, now with more dystopia!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Well this is quite a bit more interesting than the situation on S&M world. We got several distinct plots to uncover.

Lotta drama in this harvest moon

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, I guess we'll enjoy this case while it lasts before Video James's potential career is wasted.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Inadequately posted:

Premium my rear end! I want a drink, you digital prick!

This could almost be a thread title

[quote="Inadequately" post="526613197"]
Well, one invisible stalker is out of our hair for the moment. Incidentally, it is theoretically possible to win the duel, but it requires the enemy to screw up basically every defense. Still, we acquitted ourselves pretty well for our first hacker duel!

Also our last one. This system never shows up again in the game.

:sigh:

And so the missed potential makes itself known.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
If Video James is the Sheriff, does that make Ken the Deputy?

Regardless, it was a promising start. Time to see how this train eventually wrecks.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Inadequately posted:

That's a serious accusation. You shouldn't make those without strong proof, and I assume you don't have any, do you?

I can't believe the President from Perfect Dark is an Out-Ranger.

RIP Ken: sidekick for roughly the total of 1 case's work. :rip:

This case feels really rushed so far. I can understand the narrative concept of such a shocking case being introduced like this to replicate the disorienting nature, but it feels like we just kinda bounced around rapidly and never got a lot of establishment. Particularly so on setting details.

Also I love that VJ gets all dramatic every single time he leaves the apartment. I should start doing that.

VJ is a giant nerd and it's great

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Inadequately posted:

A lot of this game, particularly specific terms, is explained in the Codex, and I'm skipping most of that barring anything plot-relevant because I don't feel like typing that all out.

Yeah, fair enough, especially if you'd have to transcribe it and it's all buried in in-world explanations.

Makes you wonder why Video James couldn't just pull up the future version of Merriam-Webster on his phone or something.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
This was more of a case of chasing a single lead in "who the gently caress shot me and did they shoot Ken" and getting the answer of "yes, but after he was already dead because reasons." And of those reasons, Ramona's is definitely more relevant than Tick establishing a backstory with Ken just to die and make it pretty much nil anyways.

If this was setup for some later stuff, it'd be fine I guess, but unfortunately it seems like it's all pretty cut and dry here. The characters who die will die anyways, we walked out with more connections exhausted than gained, and we got jack all for it. I mean, it makes plenty of sense to investigate this over the sketchy program, someone presumably shot Video James to stop his investigation, but one can only wish it was more satisfying or that it really accomplished anything.

At least there was Rick.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, the cat result is a pretty direct show of where this is going, somehow.

Of course, the developers decided to make the Hon Clan as evil as possible it seems. What kind of monsters would give out multiple pointless fetch quests!?