Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Give me a VR/AR headset!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

George Kansas posted:

I believe the credible leaks/rumors peg this as something closer to a December special event, not today.

:mad:

Yeah, not expecting any news on it today but that is probably the one piece of tech I'm actually excited about. I really hope that market rapidly accelerates when Apple enters it.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ShoogaSlim posted:

it's legitimately cool that an apple/smartwatch can give you a heads up about potentially/actually serious health issues

but don't all the disclaimers all basically say that it's not for serious medical use? or have they gotten some actual certifications to make it legit?

The small print actually says "We'll take credit for a positive outcome. Negative outcome? Well, we warned you."

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
That landscaping looks like garbage.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Honest question from someone not in the Apple universe: can the watch be a legit "life alert" for senior citizens? My folks are getting older and I worry about them falling and not being able to stand up without help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

ShoogaSlim posted:

not an apple watch owner but i am pretty sure this + more is included

mattfl posted:

Apple watch has fall detection and will take voice commands like Call 911... so ya!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The watch has had fall protection for a few years now to cover exactly this.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes. It has a fall detection and can be set to automatically dial 911.

Thanks!