Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah, I'm guessing the new Pro watch will last "36" to "48" hours. And be $949 for the base, and $1079 for the cellular version. And I will laugh very heartily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

10:16 am Series 8 has all-day 18-hour battery life.

lmao of course, gently caress off

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Odd about the lower power mode. It isn't in the watchOS 9 beta up to this point. Must be something they're going to add later?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Eh, without AOD, I am down to 50-60% battery when I put it back on the charger after 24 hours. 40% with some activity tracking. AW6 44mm.

I have to charge my S6 at 5pm or else it dies. It sucks poo poo.

Instead of engineering better battery life, they just disable features to make it last longer. Genius.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh yeah, nothing about a new SoC, huh? Same as S7?
What a big nothingburger release, yikes.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

mattfl posted:

This is some sort of rugged watch right?

It's a $1000 watch that will last 3 days, or 1 week with low power mode

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

They said it's SIP 8, whatever that is.

I think we all know you're disappointed in whatever they're releasing this year.

Oh, guess I missed that. I'm just watching a live blog on macrumors, not the actual video.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lol 36 hours

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

nerox posted:

Can't wait to buy amazon knockoffs of those new bands.

The official ones are gonna be like $89 I'll guess

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

60 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE

* if you enable low power mode that disables a bunch of stuff, including the flagship AOD feature we introduced a few years ago

** but not yet, available "later this year"

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

I just want an iOS 16 release date

Next Tuesday, going by previous years (I think), unless you're on the public beta track, then GM probably later today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dynamic Island is such a stupid loving name, but the feature is really really cool.

Also, they said dynamic island so many times the phrase no longer has any meaning to me.