Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Inner Light posted:

What do people use their watch for?

I had mine as a step counter and as a message reader so I didn’t have to pull out my phone. I never really used any more features besides that, and eventually I felt my watch made my connectedness to my phone too “tight” and didn’t want a haptic/visual prompt telling me to look at my phone. Then having a dedicated charger that I had to use each night was kinda a drag. I sold it to a friend for a fifth of what I paid then I bought a cheap Casio from Walmart.

That all said, I’d love a reason to get an Apple Watch again. Meh idk what I’d want to bring me back into Apple Watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
The Ultra looks really nice. I love the way it looks.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Night mode looks sick. Shame about battery life

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
It’s water sports ready, someone tell Trump

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
$800

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Would someone climbing K2 actually use an Apple Watch

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hell I'm not even seeing any reason to upgrade my XR right now.

Same! iPhone 15 will likely be my upgrade model.

The whole stuff about the better low light performance - that was for the non pro models right? That’s where my XR model kinda sucks comparatively.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Let’s wrap this up Tim Apple I have a meeting in 50 minutes 😰

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Taima posted:

The emergency sat thing is loving huge for the people who use it, like my brother, who hikes in rugged terrain tens and hundreds of miles from any phone.

Yeah this looks extremely cool. If my dad goes back to doing wilderness stuff again, this would be sick.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

SlowBloke posted:

Lol at the fees after those two free years

What were the fees? I missed that part.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Kirios posted:

Honestly I see most people with Pro phones any ways - the cameras show a clear identifier that you're not a poor.

Do you think you can buy a pro-conversion kit from Amazon/Ali Express so you can stick on a dummy camera to look rich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I feel pretty fortunate, wallet-wise, that nothing about the Pro models since the iPhone 10 have been a must-have for me. As long as I can take good selfies or photos of cats, I’m cool. My only big ask is better low light shots, which the base 14 has?