Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

What do people use their watch for? I have my phone in front of me on my desk or with me on couch / in bed all day long. I have considered getting the iWatch just for running outside without my phone but that one single benefit isn't worth hundreds of bux for me.

I get that not taking the phone out of a pants pocket or bag is a benefit, but idk if I have a strong use case to rationalize the purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Music is loving JAMMIN

e: thank you for the iWatch replies, I will see if your perspectives change the value prop for me, appreciate it!

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Xabi posted:

So is the end-to-end sales pitch just BS?

Uh, no, it's not BS.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

SlowBloke posted:

36/60 hrs native justifies whatever price, in low power mode they can stuff it.

60 hours is using low power mode for Ultra.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Definitely an S year. Next year will be notchless phone to anchor it as a non S year. I wish satellite comms included non-emergency texting, but I imagine that was unachievable as part of Apple's agreement with satellite providers to not cannibalize their partnered texting service providers that they have prior agreements with.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

fourwood posted:

The Best Buy deal last year meant upgrading from 12 Pro to 13 Pro for $100, if they do that again then why the gently caress wouldn’t I upgrade

Is this more financially advantageous than the iPhone Upgrade Program, which was previously the best program for consumers? Whats the catch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

SlowBloke posted:

FUUUUCK the operating temperature for the new phones is 0 to 35C, they are going to melt in the summer.

That sucks, my iPhone 13 Pro goes into over-temperature hibernation not infrequently in the car in summer. Seems like 14 might be significantly more sensitive.