Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Not sure why anyone thought they’d change the battery life at this point.

e: lol especially if they’re gonna release a long-life “pro” model or whatever the gently caress

fourwood fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

some kinda jackal posted:

So, was that it for features? I didn't really see anything that would push me to buy S8 over S7...
Ovulate more, scrub.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

"most accurate gps of any smartwatch"

surely garmin/dedicated sport watches aren't counted in this category, right? aren't those high end hiking watches specifically made to track you in the middle of nowhere and, like, call a chopper if you're lost or hurt or whatever?
GPS won’t help you much if you need to call a chopper.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Dynamic island is a shitass name but the usage is pretty sweet actually.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

ZeeBoi posted:

okay what was that subway glitch thing

Some Severance teaser.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

The Best Buy deal last year meant upgrading from 12 Pro to 13 Pro for $100, if they do that again then why the gently caress wouldn’t I upgrade

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Inner Light posted:

Is this more financially advantageous than the iPhone Upgrade Program, which was previously the best program for consumers? Whats the catch?
The catch is you have to trade it in at Best Buy and sit there with the tech guy while the whole transfer process happens and hope to god you didn’t forget to backup your 2FA app or whatever.

But yeah I don’t think you can find much of a better deal than $100/year cost of ownership.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Ugh yeah T-Mobile has 13 Pro trade in at $600 credit + $400 over 24 months, awfully cheap especially if inflation comes down hard.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

ZeeBoi posted:

Would going from Watch Series 4 to Series 8 be a good update or should I wait for next year's Series 9?

Al-Saqr posted:

I think you can survive for another year or buy a discount S7
Yeah basically what Al-Saqr said. But S8 if you’d use ovulation tracking but discount S7 or hold out for 9 otherwise.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

AlternateAccount posted:

It absolutely isn't. The 30 pixels over the top of the DYNAMIC ORIFICE are useless.
Right which is way worse than the notch with 0 useless pixels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Any solution to the notch basically involves them jettisoning Face ID and/or the selfie camera until technology allows them to hide that behind the display so solve that for them and then you can have your dream phone.