Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The #1 smart watch in the world (out of 2 smart watches).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Low power mode is cool although I think the only time I'm not getting a day plus already with my battery is when I'm using betas and the phone and watch have some issues communicating with each other.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ultra is pretty cool but as a crippled poor I would not be able to use most of this. I hope the waypoint thing trickles down though since I do occasionally leave the road.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

"most accurate gps of any smartwatch"

surely garmin/dedicated sport watches aren't counted in this category, right? aren't those high end hiking watches specifically made to track you in the middle of nowhere and, like, call a chopper if you're lost or hurt or whatever?

I can't really speak for the garmin watches but those middle of nowhere chopper things look like mini 00 phones. You could maybe put it on a cable around your neck but it would be a heavy watch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Speaker in the case is kewl

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Non-pro looks like what used to be the S cycle.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well I'm glad I didn't buy the emergency satellite thing I've almost bought a dozen times for the 2 times I offroad a year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is very S cycle although with that said I've liked a lot of S phones.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Smart notch for you sickos that still notice the notch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Anything that moves the notifications out of the upper lefthand corner is welcome to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hope always on is tied to focus because I could see using it at work but it's not something I'd like at home.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

meanolmrcloud posted:

Aren’t they just going to ditch all of this software nonsense when they go notch/islandless?

Probably, although they could also just put a software box up there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Some of this camera talk sounds like audiophiles talking about music but if they make night mode even better I'm in (it's already really good).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

nerox posted:

Is it during extreme watersports with your apple watch ultra?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Astro7x posted:

When they say up to $1,000 off through major carriers... really curious about this.

I got an iPhone 12 Pro, traded it into Best Buy and got an iPhone 13 Pro for $110 after taxes. If I can trade in my iPhone 13 Pro with no hassles for the same deal, doing it without a doubt.

The way that AT&T did it when I turned my phone in a couple years ago was they issued a credit, but over 8 months rather than all at once.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

128gb level entry storage for the Pro is kinda lame, I was hoping for 256 at that pricepoint. I feel I "barely" keep anything local on the phone these days and I'm usually at 100gb or so so would like more breathing room.

If I was to start fresh I think the 128 would be fine but yeah at this point I'm floating around 100 at all times and don't want to go back to janitoring my phone so I guess they got $100 from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
While they obviously won't let you complete the order yet you can go all the way to the "finish" button on Apple right now and with the trade in at AT&T it's $2.75 a month for 36 months for a standard size pro with the 256 upgrade.