Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Video should be right at:
https://www.apple.com

Starts at 10am PT (about an hour from now).

What is going to be announced today?

-New phones as usual
-New Watch as usual, including a Pro model which has been all but confirmed
-New AirPods Pros?
-iPad 9th gen?

Also iOS 16 will most likely be released this week. iPadOS and MacOS later this year.

We are not likely to see any new Macs today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

If the Apple Watch pro is 900 dollars and doesn’t any have a weeklong battery it will flop super hard big time

I think anyone expecting a weeklong battery is setting their expectations really high and will be sorely disappointed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

I can’t think of what they’ll add to the phones besides a lower cost big screen phone and always on display.

And if they make a big deal of always on display that will be a big lol since man, it’s the one thing android has had for a long long time. Like, 2014.

The new lock screen stuff definitely points to an always on display.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Inner Light posted:

What do people use their watch for?

So I can see goatse whenever I check the time.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Honest question from someone not in the Apple universe: can the watch be a legit "life alert" for senior citizens? My folks are getting older and I worry about them falling and not being able to stand up without help.

Yes. It has a fall detection and can be set to automatically dial 911.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh yeah, nothing about a new SoC, huh? Same as S7?
What a big nothingburger release, yikes.

They said it's SIP 8, whatever that is.

I think we all know you're disappointed in whatever they're releasing this year.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

Love the (supposed) double noise cancelling.

I'm curious about this too. They absolutely tuned down the noice cancelling in software updates to the current ones.

some kinda jackal posted:

I'm so annoyed that I can't wear in-ear sealing buds because of my hosed up ear canal shape making everything painful. Really wish the non-silicone-tip airpods would get some love :\

obviously wouldn't be able to noise cancel etc.

They refreshed them in October.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Anton Chigurh posted:

Don't see any evidence that this is an in-person Apple Event with actual non-Apple humans in attendance at the Steve Jobs' Alter of Worship Theater, or whatever they call it.

Is the new rumored iPhone satellite connectivity announcement going to be announced live onstage, or have we been duped by the rumors yet again?

There was never any indication this would be an in-person event.

They aren't done yet so that could be in the Pro/Max models.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

good thing you have granular control of which apps are allowed to show you various types of notifications so you only get the ones you want unlike the absolute neverending laundry list of notifications on ios :shrug:

You have granular control of those on iOS as well lmao.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

some kinda jackal posted:

Why would I buy a 12 if I could have a 13 for the same price?

I have to assume it's something like a high-storage SKU for 12 vs a lower end 13?

Once the store is back up we'll get a better idea of what the deal is with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Thanks Tim Crapple.

Battery life sucks, price sucks, lack of new features suck blah blah blah etc etc.

See you all later this fall.