Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

"most accurate gps of any smartwatch"

surely garmin/dedicated sport watches aren't counted in this category, right? aren't those high end hiking watches specifically made to track you in the middle of nowhere and, like, call a chopper if you're lost or hurt or whatever?

They have GPS but no, they don’t have PLB or any SOS tools. Those need satellite functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

action mode video looks sick

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

surprised they brought this down to regular phones and not just on the pros

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

buglord posted:

What were the fees? I missed that part.

They didn’t say. For reference, Garmin Inreach stuff starts at $14/mo

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Kirios posted:

oh my god I actually hate this

It’s actually rad as hell and super functional

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

as a non iphone customer i think this dynamic island thing is pretty neat. it's an elegant way to hide the notch, which apple has been trying to do in every marketing photo since the iphone x

but as an android user, i would hate not having a list of icons at the top to let me know what kind of notifications i have waiting for me

The end list list of apps and spam in the notification tray is the worst thing about android, no thanks.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

good thing you have granular control of which apps are allowed to show you various types of notifications so you only get the ones you want unlike the absolute neverending laundry list of notifications on ios :shrug:

iOS has notification controls in the system settings though?

edit: owned

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

incoherent posted:

Theater CAM rips are going to be stunning.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

some kinda jackal posted:

All these camera improvements are amazing, I'm sure, but the weakest link will always be me pulling my phone out of my pocket and hastily thumbing the camera button before missing a blurry shot of the thing I wanted a photo of.

Just swipe left on the Lock Screen

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

some kinda jackal posted:

So.. 12 and 13 are the same price now?

Maybe the 13 mini is sticking around at $100 cheaper?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Delzuma posted:

So no camera difference between Pro and Pro Max? isn't there usually one?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Apple Watch clearance sales have been going on for weeks. Costco had Series 7 for $280 last month.