Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

After using the best cleaner to clean my place it's time for a bit of personal care. I'm out of my Nancy Boy and have decided to branch out. Ordered one with a naked lady on a dragon. Didn't like it. Ordered some samples. These passed the smell test:

Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Declaration Grooming 88 Chestnut St.

Maybes:
Barrister and Mann Cool
Declaration Grooming Shore

I'm pretty sure the answer is Noble Otter, I mean gently caress look at this art? LOOK AT IT.

Had I discovered it before I of course wouldn't have bothered with any other brands. I'm lazy and don't bother with a brush.

If you liked this post be sure to check out Best moisturizer

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Plain water

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Mayonnaise

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That is pretty sick art. Gonna tattoo that little guy on my ankle.

Edit: It appears to be a Noble Otter. What a fail.

itry fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 7, 2022

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

anything designed specifically for women. All women's shaving products are vastly superior to those designed for men.

my brother can actually do this somehow and it makes no sense to me

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Used motor oil

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

itry posted:

That is pretty sick art. Gonna tattoo that little guy on my ankle.

Edit: It appears to be a Noble Otter. What a fail.

I even caught it but forgot to change it earlier.

edit: I mean what are you talking about? It clearly says Noble Otter.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
peanut butter

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
The best thing about it is the fact that it's okay to eat hair, so you can just spoon it back into the jar and use it to make coleslaw later

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
cock

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Duck and Cover posted:

I even caught it but forgot to change it earlier.

edit: I mean what are you talking about? It clearly says Noble Otter.

Sorry about that, I must have gotten lost staring into its charming maw

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Used motor oil

the used part is key here. the metal flakes are natures best exfoliant

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

A 16oz jar costs about $10 and has lasted me about a year and a half. The fragrance is like a cross between moisturizing lotion and "just went to the barbershop" smell.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the used part is key here. the metal flakes are natures best exfoliant

And instead of paying a mechanic expensive disposal fees, it just runs down the sink. Win win imo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

cool whip

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm starting to think some people aren't taking my thread seriously.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm starting to think some people aren't taking my thread seriously.

it's the avatar, man. That hot dog doesn't have nearly enough chili on it. You're lucky people are acknowledging your posts at all

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
sand

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I switched to shaving my legs with Cetaphil op and it's a much smoother shave than what I was using before.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

one of the few perks of living in the hell that is FL is never having to worry about skin moisturizer or creams (other than sunscreen)

my flesh is moist and radiant at all times except for one or two weeks each winter where the humidity falls below 80%

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
I just use a good body or face wash honestly.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Olive oil with a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I like barbasol. It has barb right in the name, so you know it's good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

it's the avatar, man. That hot dog doesn't have nearly enough chili on it. You're lucky people are acknowledging your posts at all

Coleslaw

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
why shave?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

corn haver posted:

The best thing about it is the fact that it's okay to eat hair,

Only if you like having Dean Cain make a deadpan pun about you on Ripley’s Believe It or Not.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Piss

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

blood is nature's shaving lubricant

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Only if you like having Dean Cain make a deadpan pun about you on Ripley’s Believe It or Not.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

STABASS posted:

why shave?

Aero.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

That is all I do/use, run a Edwin Jagger DE89 w/Feather blades.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

I like barbasol. It has barb right in the name, so you know it's good.

Also convenient for smuggling dinosaur DNA.

I use the Gillette gel stuff and have for the past 21 years along with the Mach 3. It was issued to us in boot and I learned to shave in about 20 seconds. I haven't really looked for anything else though. I just picked up this Cremo cooling shave cream.

It's strange to me because it goes on in a really thin layer. You're only supposed to use an almond sized amount and mix it with water and it actually does cover my face most of the time. Although it does really have a peppermint feel to your face so there's no way I'm using this in winter.

I want to experiment more with shaving stuff.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

I like barbasol.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I have really hard water and so absolutely no puck of shaving cream will ever lather up no matter what I do or what shaving cream I try, even with drops of glycerin and the like. The only one that whips up badass with my hard water is Arko shaving cream from Turkey, and I believe that’s because it’s got tallow in it which is what a lot of soaps used to have. It’s also slick as hell and has a pleasant subdued scent (a lot of people think it smells of citronella, but I think it’s more Ivory soap).

There’s also Barbasol 1919 in a tube that is like Cremo, but even slicker and requires even less of a dollop to last for two passes with the razor. It’s a great cream.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Taylor of Old Bond Street sandlewood cream is pretty good.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
🎵Shaving cream
Be nice and clean
Shave every day and you'll always look keen🎵

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

STABASS posted:

why shave?

my scalp gets really angry if it has hair so I will be shaving myself bald until the end of my days.

don't think I'm lamenting it though, being bald is wonderful and I would never ever go back. I almost died the first time I was caught outside in strong winter winds though.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Hilario Baldness posted:

Olive oil with a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it.

Correct, Hilario Baldness. Olive oil is the best, if you can tolerate the texture (I can't)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

I have really hard water and so absolutely no puck of shaving cream will ever lather up no matter what I do or what shaving cream I try, even with drops of glycerin and the like. The only one that whips up badass with my hard water is Arko shaving cream from Turkey, and I believe that’s because it’s got tallow in it which is what a lot of soaps used to have. It’s also slick as hell and has a pleasant subdued scent (a lot of people think it smells of citronella, but I think it’s more Ivory soap).

There’s also Barbasol 1919 in a tube that is like Cremo, but even slicker and requires even less of a dollop to last for two passes with the razor. It’s a great cream.

Lots of soaps use tallow still.

Tallowate. https://www.barristerandmann.com/collections/shaving-soap/products/le-grand-chypre-special-edition-shaving-soap
Tallow https://www.nobleotter.com/collections/frontpage/products/hamami-shaving-soap
Bison Tallow https://www.declarationgrooming.com/products/88-chestnut-street-chatillon-lux-collaboration-seasonal?variant=16453893226530

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i use soap. i thimk its goat milk soap.