Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I like cremo. It's like a paste and you add water to it instead of being all foamy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Alfredo sauce

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Came here to post Cremo, too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

B+M Cool is great stuff: the puck smells like expensive hotel soap and the aftershave has a bit more tobacco in it and a very subtle cooling menthol (iirc it’s based on Floid Blue)

I’m liking my Stirling Orange and Lime soaps these days; they make good quality soap for a great price

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

B+M Cool is great stuff: the puck smells like expensive hotel soap and the aftershave has a bit more tobacco in it and a very subtle cooling menthol (iirc it’s based on Floid Blue)

I’m liking my Stirling Orange and Lime soaps these days; they make good quality soap for a great price

I never understood the appeal of menthol. I don't mind a bit of cooling if the ingredient happens to cause it (peppermint) but adding something just for that sensation is weird to me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When it’s done right it is barely noticeable imo

I have a puck of B+M Terror that is a menthol monster and is not very enjoyable to me anymore, but some people love it.

The Cool soap has none, just a great scent and performance. The aftershave has a “Am I imaging it, or does my face feel cooler?!” level of menthol.

Speaking of soaps, Stirling is apparently releasing a scent I requested of them years ago for this coming Black Friday, which is a Creed Erolfa homage. Their homages are top notch so I’m excited, as Erolfa is the closest fragrance to capture the intoxicating early morning scent of the cool Atlantic Ocean.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you guys like Cremo, once you try out the Proraso lines you'll flip your poo poo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Speaking of aftershave, I've been using this for years due to a recommendation in the YLLS shaving thread.

I don't notice any cooling but it's a nice lotion and you need like a dime sized amount at most.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Speaking of aftershave, I've been using this for years due to a recommendation in the YLLS shaving thread.

I don't notice any cooling but it's a nice lotion and you need like a dime sized amount at most.

Oh I remember trying an Nivea balm, I absolutely can't stand the way the none mentholated one smelled. Worse than just terrible, it lingered too. The Declaration Grooming Sellout sample I got reminded me of it but it's been awhile so I could be wrong.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 8, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i dont think ive had a wet shave in like more than a decade

clipper supremacy

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i dont think ive had a wet shave in like more than a decade

clipper supremacy

I use a leaf razor with 1.5 Kai blades. Pretty decent shave pretty fast, kind of a hassle, to split the blades and load them.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 8, 2022

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i simply chew my own facial hair off like a civilized person

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I shave like a maniac. I always wait a bit too long and have to take the trimmer over it all before the razor. I do like 5 passes on each spot in a few seconds. I think it really is just drilled into me to just go so fast.

In boot camp they gave you :airquote: 60 seconds :airquote:

This is how drill instructors count absolutely everything: SIXTY............ FIFTYNINEFIFTYEIGHTFIFTYSEVEN.........FIFTY SIX....... 5554535251... FIFFFFTYYYY......

Ends up being about 20 seconds real time. Max.

These days I take about 4 minutes. (yes I timed myself)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

When it’s done right it is barely noticeable imo

I have a puck of B+M Terror that is a menthol monster and is not very enjoyable to me anymore, but some people love it.

The Cool soap has none, just a great scent and performance. The aftershave has a “Am I imaging it, or does my face feel cooler?!” level of menthol.

Speaking of soaps, Stirling is apparently releasing a scent I requested of them years ago for this coming Black Friday, which is a Creed Erolfa homage. Their homages are top notch so I’m excited, as Erolfa is the closest fragrance to capture the intoxicating early morning scent of the cool Atlantic Ocean.

It's annoying because often I'll go "oh that scent sounds nice" and blammo it'll be the only "cooling" one.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 8, 2022

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
+1 for Cremo. It looks like that brand is shaping up to be the Goon's Choice

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Barbasol regular/classic because I'm cheap and it doesn't irritate my face. The sensitive skin version irritates my face for some reason.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

my brother can actually do this somehow and it makes no sense to me
I can but the blades get gunked up and I need to run my finger across them to get hair out a handful of times during a single shaving session even tho I shave everyday.

I can also use the same cheap razor for 3+ months despite having thick/coarse facial hair that grows fast.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 10, 2022

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Top Tip: most liquid aftershave bottles have that little narrower on the end and you’re supposed to splash it on your hands then rub it on your face, which I find messy and wasteful. Instead, I put mine into those salad dressing sprayers and spray it on before rubbing it in.

Also, good aftershaves aren’t like the crap they used to be and actually have stuff that is good for your face.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Top Tip: most liquid aftershave bottles have that little narrower on the end and you’re supposed to splash it on your hands then rub it on your face, which I find messy and wasteful. Instead, I put mine into those salad dressing sprayers and spray it on before rubbing it in.

Also, good aftershaves aren’t like the crap they used to be and actually have stuff that is good for your face.

Team balm/lotion.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 10, 2022

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I dunked my face in acid and I miss being able to feel my face but haven't had to shave in years. I wore goggles and nose plugs tho I'm not a psycho

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Revins posted:

I dunked my face in acid and I miss being able to feel my face but haven't had to shave in years. I wore goggles and nose plugs tho I'm not a psycho

Lasers are tempting but it seems like too much effort.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

my face is so smooth

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Revins posted:

my face is so smooth

So what kind of acid are we talking about?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Lasering your neck and upper cheeks sounds like a pretty good idea.

Edit: Or just your neck. Don't want to accidently have a neckbeard situation.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

So what kind of acid are we talking about?

Hydroflouric bitch

So smooth

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Revins posted:

Hydroflouric bitch

So smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oipksRhISfM Hmmm he doesn't discuss how good it would be to remove facial hair though.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tried Declaration Grooming's Shore totally reminds me of Tide detergent.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 11, 2022

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Burmashave....

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

wash with ivory soap first then lather on the unscented dove bar for stubble. cheap but effective. Otherwise Barbasol.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Hollismason posted:

Taylor of Old Bond Street sandlewood cream is pretty good.

I have their Royal Forest one, which smells like a very clean and expensively dressed grandfather, overall a better bet if I haven’t shaved in a while, but I actually prefer Aesop’s Neroli Shaving Serum.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

stinkypete posted:

wash with ivory soap first then lather on the unscented dove bar for stubble. cheap but effective. Otherwise Barbasol.

You can whip up a half decent cream by using a badger shave brush and a bar of soap, but you’d better have some good balm for immediately after

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Is it weird to say cheap sorbolene moisturizer?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jestery posted:

Is it weird to say cheap sorbolene moisturizer?

Cheap stuff can't possibly work. You have to spend more money. MORE MONEY MORE I SAY!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Came here to post Cremo, too.

Third. It just works!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I did try cremo at one point and I don't recall hating or particularly liking it.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Proraso.

It's nice when the cheap stuff is also the good stuff.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I use some gel stuff called King of Shaves and it works really well.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Duck and Cover posted:

Cheap stuff can't possibly work. You have to spend more money. MORE MONEY MORE I SAY!

I bought a cheapo safety razor to see if liked it 4 years ago, it was pretty good. It broke recently and so I got a new one for 17 dollars.

I spend 20 dollars on new blades once a year

I genuinely don't understand how razor companies stay in business . Even subscription poo poo like Harry's razors are more for a year subscription than I would have spent in half a decade

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bargearse posted:

Proraso.

It's nice when the cheap stuff is also the good stuff.

Finally, a brother in this. That poo poo is the bomb.
Creamo is too thick, and this comes in seasonal lines if you want it to. I'm like this brand's biggest fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jestery posted:

I bought a cheapo safety razor to see if liked it 4 years ago, it was pretty good. It broke recently and so I got a new one for 17 dollars.

I spend 20 dollars on new blades once a year

I genuinely don't understand how razor companies stay in business . Even subscription poo poo like Harry's razors are more for a year subscription than I would have spent in half a decade

Buy a 100 pack of Sharks blades and whatever looks like your favorite $20-30 safety razor and you won't pay for a blade for a decade.

People are idiots, and I'd say they should be teaching their kids this poo poo, but that might drive prices up and oh no! :)