Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you have children
Yes
No
View Results

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Besides you know, keeping the human race going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
A lot of people's job Depends on Big Baby

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

To teach new generations about Goku.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
what are you twelve years old? black market organs.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ya man you have the kids and then they say stuff like "I love you" so it feels pretty good. also you gotta work 60 hours a week to support them and worry about their well-being in lieu of irreversible social degradation

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
yes need more consumers / spare organs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Free labour and a snack, watch out for rocks

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
In case you get old.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

To help your side win the race war

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Knowing that I can produce a human to abandon just makes sex hotter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They're like giant cats so if you want cats but bigger there you go

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Who else am I going to blame for my loving up this world?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
its the closest thing to having a slave in this liberal hellscape.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

having a kid sounds like a great choice for gambling addicts. they’ll probably be a total loser and money down the drain. but there’s a small chance of winning a good kid who earns a ton of money and pays of their parents’ mortgage.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

has there ever been one?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
raising kids is very rewarding op, it's nice to bring a life into this world, or multiple and help them navigate it

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Do it for the mods OP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's not for everyone op, but for those who really want it, it can be a tremendously rewarding experience and you can put em to work with chores and poo poo and (hopefully) someone to take care of you when youre old and making GBS threads yourself

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They have yet to invent a machine that can do the kind of fine quality needle work the kids at my textile factory can.

Kids rule!

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

The cobalt mines aren't going to mine themselves, op :rolleyes:

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Slave labor and entertainment.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Good soup! posted:

It's not for everyone op, but for those who really want it, it can be a tremendously rewarding experience and you can put em to work with chores and poo poo and (hopefully) someone to take care of you when youre old and making GBS threads yourself

Hahahaha your kids will hate you and want nothing to do with you when you're older. Machines though. Machines will wipe your rear end all day if you want. ALL HAIL THE MACHINES

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
tbh if I had a good partner I would have kids, selfishly

There will be a lot of problems with the world when they grow up but they will have to deal with it, not me ahaha

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Just lmao if you need a reason to do anything.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I was hanging out with my niece and nephew last weekend, they kick rear end. We spent the whole time roasting their dad and laughing our asses off. So yeah, have kids so your siblings can have a blast teaming up with them against you.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Maybe if you're a rich rear end in a top hat and can therefore offer reasonable odds that they'll a) have enough money to live comfortably and b) become big enough assholes themselves that they won't be constantly engulfed with remorse over how utterly hosed everybody else is. Otherwise no, probably not

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

As if I will ever physically touch a woman's genitalia? Come on man

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got a vasectomy so that gives you my answer.

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

There's always adoption, or kidnapping, just have faith

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Without children in this world the two kids in a trench coat gag won't work anymore.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Toxic Mental posted:

sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Was there ever?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I have two nephews. Good enough.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
honestly it feels like either the internet or SA is anti-kid due to climate change/poverty/life succing. but i never hear this in real life. maybe my age group is just getting kid-anxious. i think its a valid choice but ill probably have kids due to a partner wanting them. and like who will i leave my trash treasures to when i die?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Anecdotally, the friends in my life choosing not to have kids are choosing not to simply because it's just...not their thing and not that the world is burning down or Earth is dying or anything like that

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Hahahaha your kids will hate you and want nothing to do with you when you're older. Machines though. Machines will wipe your rear end all day if you want. ALL HAIL THE MACHINES

Hey gently caress you buddy my kid (and hopefully another soon???) loves me and will love me forever :mad:

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
how else are you going to eat? :shrug:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I keep breeding and breeding but my fair loins have yet to come to fruition with the bounty of my labours!

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
who else is gonna pay for my retirement?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

honestly it feels like either the internet or SA is anti-kid due to climate change/poverty/life succing. but i never hear this in real life. maybe my age group is just getting kid-anxious. i think its a valid choice but ill probably have kids due to a partner wanting them. and like who will i leave my trash treasures to when i die?

Well people are a lot less likely to say this stuff in real life, you could potentially insult someone with kids. Online you can revel in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I work with a lot of boomers and they're generally jealous of me for not having kids because the alleged tradeoff of sacrificing your early life to have someone take care of you later is obviously not panninng out for them, though whether they sacrificed much in the first place is a reasonable question.